• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

Ah sparkle, yes I can understand that it's all so worrying. My baby has a quiet couple of days every week (normally after a really active day or two) so I have come to realise that that is my baby's pattern. It's normal for the feeling to change at about your stage too - my baby went from kicks to rolls more xx

My baby has a quiet couple of days every week (normally after a really active day or two) so I have come to realise that that is my baby's pattern. It's normal for the feeling to change at about your stage too - my baby went from kicks to rolls more xx

That's exactly how my baby is. Has a couple quiet days followed by a couple really active days.

Mine's the same. He doesn;t seem to have a pattern really - It varies in the night and on a weekday i don;t notice it as much as at weekend

Ladies, i can't emphasise this enough. if you have reduced movements.

Please don't sit on this forum, waiting for baby to move.

Go get checked ASAP.

If your baby is in trouble, time is not on their side and waiting could mean a totally different outcome.

I might sound harsh but i don't want more families to walk in our shoes.

V xx

I'm going to call my MW in a bit.. i'm not happy with my movements at all.. something isn't right and now i'm PETRIFIED after reading some of these stories about baby rolling around in tummy..

He was FINE yesterday daytime.. moved so much, kicked so much, had normal MW appointment and he booted her and the doppler etc.. then abuot 8:30pm, he stopped.

I've felt a few very faint movements/thuds about 2am.. and a fwe more aboutt 8am and a little since, but not tons..

I DO have a cold/sneezing all the time/blowing nose all the time so maybe he's run down too.. but i'm not taking my chances :/ xxx

I'm going to call my MW in a bit.. i'm not happy with my movements at all.. something isn't right and now i'm PETRIFIED after reading some of these stories about baby rolling around in tummy..

He was FINE yesterday daytime.. moved so much, kicked so much, had normal MW appointment and he booted her and the doppler etc.. then abuot 8:30pm, he stopped.

I've felt a few very faint movements/thuds about 2am.. and a fwe more aboutt 8am and a little since, but not tons..

I DO have a cold/sneezing all the time/blowing nose all the time so maybe he's run down too.. but i'm not taking my chances :/ xxx

Hi there, please dont wait to call, if your really concerned phone now or get yourself to the maternity triage unit.

Take care

xmagsx

Hi there, please dont wait to call, if your really concerned phone now or get yourself to the maternity triage unit.

Take care

xmagsx

as mags said,better to be safe than sorry,give em a call and pop in bab, im hoping for the best for you,sometimes they do have quiet days but you know your body better than anyone else, and your baby, good luck take it easy chick :hugs:

I went in yesterday, she wouldn't hook me up to a movement moniter cos i'm "not far along enough" but did doppler and told me she thinks hes moved to face inwards which is why I can't feel him as much. and with an A/Placenta.. I thought she was just making up excuses but yes, deffo had a bum poking out VERY defined last night in my belly ... bum up, face down indeed. Had a few boots, but mainly just nudges, I miss the kicks alot but hopefully he'll turn around again soon. At least i'm still getting a FEW kicks. Saw my belly move this morning and smiled even MORE so, knowing he's okay. Thumbs up - he's head down tho.. could be worse I guess, could be breech AND upside down hehe.

I'm just glad he's okay. gave mummy such a fright!!

I will deffo go and check these things asap, I don't care about being accused of "over reacting".. worth the reassurance even though i've got my own doppler at home - for a nurse to do it AND explain whats happening. I didn't even THINK it would be him facing inwards as this is first baby so don't think about half the reasons... phew xx

I am a bit worried today ladies as I've just had a few little taps rather than big boots. I'm going to keep an eye on things. I'm hoping it's just because she's lying a different way. But she's only really done this once before in the early stages x

Glad your LO is okay loula :hugs:

firsttime, I always say that if things are different dont wait. Personally I would have a really cold drink, something sweet like chocolate and then if there are no big kicks within an hour then go to the hospital :flower:

I am a bit worried today ladies as I've just had a few little taps rather than big boots. I'm going to keep an eye on things. I'm hoping it's just because she's lying a different way. But she's only really done this once before in the early stages x

How's she doing honey? xxx

Hi honey. Thanks for asking. Well she was still quiet so before I rang the hospital I tried our dopler (for the very first time) and her heart rate was about 150 bpm so we left it for a bit. She perked up. And by yesterday she was back to her normal self. Today she has mainly been auditioning for riverdance inside here. She did give us a fright though

Thank you for caring xx

Hi honey. Thanks for asking. Well she was still quiet so before I rang the hospital I tried our dopler (for the very first time) and her heart rate was about 150 bpm so we left it for a bit. She perked up. And by yesterday she was back to her normal self. Today she has mainly been auditioning for riverdance inside here. She did give us a fright though

Thank you for caring xx

Glad to hear all is okay sweetheart! They often like to give us a scare hey! I hate that Harley doesn't kick as much nowadays (cos of facing inwards) so I use doppler more.. went to use it this morning, as soon as I lead down and put gel on my tummy - he booted me a few times so my belly moved haha!.. always reassuring, even the slightest little movement hey :)

xxx

When should you start monitering their movemen. Im 22 weeks and some days baby dont move much and some days it does move lots. When should i start to worry?

SOme hospitals say 26 weeks others say 28 :flower:

just always be aware but remember at 22 weeks its still easy for baby to turn round and you wouldnt feel it xxx

Baby is still not as active but hb is fine on the doppler.

If the hb is fine and i dont feel movement at all is there still some concern over baby?

Yes because although you can see the hb is between x and x, you dont know what you are looking for in terms of decelerations and the like. Even mw's need to look at the hb across 20 to 30 minutes on CTG to properly assess what is going on. At 22 weeks though it can be that baby is just facing inwards. Ring your mw if you are worried hun :hugs:

I dont see what the BP is just can hear a fast hb.

I have a scan on Monday so I will probably wait till then as i am feeling movement here and there just not the crazy movement that im normally used to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->