• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

I was wondering if anyone could help... Im 27+2 weeks and usually have a really active little boy, especially at night. It usually hurts, but it makes me smile to know he's okay!

On Monday, me and my partner had intercourse and I felt two really sharp pains on the right side of my uterus. This scared me a bit and after the pain went I decided to keep an eye on the baby's movements. I noticed that he was not moving any where near as much as he usually does, but I thought about it and I don't recall feeling him before intercourse either. On Tuesday, as I had only felt very slight movements and infrequently, we insisted a doctor seen us (just at the docs office, this was around 4pm, which was about 30 hours since intercourse). After two doppler machines, he finally found a heartbeat at 150bmp, though it was faint (I'm not sure if this was a volume issue with the doppler). The heartbeat was the only thing that was checked and I was sent home. Today, I have again only felt slight movement/pressure. I've just tried monitoring them, and in 1 hour I felt 3 movements, though, nothing major - usually at this time of night, I'd be uncomfortable as his kicks hurt. I've also got sudden back cramp today, like period cramps. It's constant unless I'm sitting, and I can't bend.

I've decided if things don't pick up by tomorrow, we will head to the hospital for a check up. I'm not satisfied that only his heartbeat was checked, as someone said before, this just means he is alive, not that something isn't up. I'm just curious, what would you do in this situation? Do you think I should be concerned and head back? I'm terrified that I've left it too late!

I think if you are already scared you've left it too late, then waiting longer is only going to make things worse. Seeking peace of mind is good enough reason to go in.

Go in and get checked hun! Always better safe than sorry...Make sure you voice all of your concerns when you are there! GL and let us know how you get on!

go get checked just to be safe chick, but sometimes intercourse in the latter stage of pregnancy starts 'false contractions' which i suffered too, and its exactly as you describe them, does bumpy go harder/higher than normal whilst you're experiencing this pain? if so, im sure its braxtons, i had the same - also a nice tip to keep check is to lie on the floor on your back, flat as it seems somewhat more sensitive to movements then,and bub doesnt seem to like it so they have a wriggle. Ice cold water, or a torch shone on your bump also normally get reactions too.

If your gut is saying 'something is up' Go with it, do not hesitate hun! GL im sure all is ok and :hugs:

Go in! Its really strange that they didn't hook you up with a monitor for an hour and check you! I would ask for that.

The doctors office is not good enough, you need to go to L&D and actually be monitored properly. Please don't delay. :hugs:

I agree that u should contact ur labour & delivery ward. Mothers instinct should always b listened to x

Thanks to all who replied! I went in, was in there for hours! But the baby is fine :D they said to get in touch if I'm still concerned, but he seems to have started moving again now! I think he must have been in a different position! I think I'm also trying to look for symptoms as my sister had her first at 29 weeks, and my friend just had hers at 24, so I'm worried! I have the midwife tomorrow and a 4D scan on Tuesday, so if anything is wrong, I'm sure it'll be picked up! :)

Hi I'm not sure anyone will read this in the next hour but...
I'd not felt baby move much (significantly less than normal) in 24 hours. Hadn't felt anything this morning so phoned mau and have been told to go in for monitoring at 1.30pm. However baby has done a few big kicks so wondering whether I should just cancel? Only thing worrying me that I should still go in is that I've suddenly come over tired,dizzy and nauseous. I don't want to waste a space for someone who needs it- should I ring and tell them I have felt baby kick a few times now?
Jo x

Still go. You have an appointment booked now and the reasurrance will do you the world of good. and god forbid but if anything was wrong at least it would be detected and you wouldnt be left wishing you'd gone in x

I agree with Jox - do still go! :)

Hi I'm not sure anyone will read this in the next hour but...
I'd not felt baby move much (significantly less than normal) in 24 hours. Hadn't felt anything this morning so phoned mau and have been told to go in for monitoring at 1.30pm. However baby has done a few big kicks so wondering whether I should just cancel? Only thing worrying me that I should still go in is that I've suddenly come over tired,dizzy and nauseous. I don't want to waste a space for someone who needs it- should I ring and tell them I have felt baby kick a few times now?
Jo x

I'd still go hun, I think it's still classed as reduced movement x

Thanks ladies x
I did go and all was fine. It took her about 10 mins to find heartbeat which was worrying. She only did the monitor for 10 mins as she kept losing the trace but she wasn't worried. Heart beat was around 150 but on a couple f occasions dropped to 115 but again they didn't seem concerned. Typically baby moved lots after she had prodded it. Thanks for replying though xx

If ur ever worried again do not hesitate to get checked over x

Normal heart rate is from 110 to 160bpm x

Ur babies movements r a huge indication to ur babies well being. If ur concerned GET CHECKED OUT!! It can and will literally save ur babies life x

Gutted and heart broken for Gary Barlow and his family as their daughter poppy was born sleeping this weekend. Don't live ur life thinking 'it won't happen to me' because it can and it does. No one is immune :cry: fly high baby poppy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->