• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

OMG how traumatizing that must have been, I'm glad everything worked out for you and LO. Big hugs to you both and thank you for posting this.

I am 33 weeks today and the last 3 days baby has been annoying me a lot. Constant movements! I know it is good when its moving but that is too much. It needs to get some sleep!!! lol

Wow that is so insensitive! I know this is old post but honestly with women who lost their babies why would anyone come here and write that? I know you probably don't mean harm but reflect before you post.

I have to share my story as I sit here recovering from an emergency c section while my baby is in the nicu.

I have had high blood pressure in my third tri, and my dr decided I should be induced this week. He had me on the list to be induced on Tuesday, they called me Tuesday morning to say they have to bump me back a day, but to come in for a non stress test to make sure baby is happy. Everything came back fine. Today I got a call saying I'm being bumped again, I was find with that, but as the day went on I noticed less movement, then basically none. I hesitantly called labour and delivery to see what they thought. They had me come in, hooked me up to the monitors, to five my babies heart beat to be so fast the machine wasn't registering it. They did an ultrasound and rushedmecto the OR. They had my baby out so fast my husband didnt have time to get here! It turns out her heart rate was at 280, and her umbilical cord was wound up so right it was slowing breaking.

The dr told me if I had waited any longer she wouldn't have made it. Thank god I listened to my instincts and came down to be checked. I was so worried about being that annoying first time mum who panics over nothing. Baby Anna is in nicu with a heart rate of 220, but they are working on getting it down. She's beautiful, and I'm so lucky.

Basically I just wanted to say trust your gut and get checked if you notice a decrease in activity. I am sitting here thanking god that I did.

I have to share my story as I sit here recovering from an emergency c section while my baby is in the nicu.

I have had high blood pressure in my third tri, and my dr decided I should be induced this week. He had me on the list to be induced on Tuesday, they called me Tuesday morning to say they have to bump me back a day, but to come in for a non stress test to make sure baby is happy. Everything came back fine. Today I got a call saying I'm being bumped again, I was find with that, but as the day went on I noticed less movement, then basically none. I hesitantly called labour and delivery to see what they thought. They had me come in, hooked me up to the monitors, to five my babies heart beat to be so fast the machine wasn't registering it. They did an ultrasound and rushedmecto the OR. They had my baby out so fast my husband didnt have time to get here! It turns out her heart rate was at 280, and her umbilical cord was wound up so right it was slowing breaking.

The dr told me if I had waited any longer she wouldn't have made it. Thank god I listened to my instincts and came down to be checked. I was so worried about being that annoying first time mum who panics over nothing. Baby Anna is in nicu with a heart rate of 220, but they are working on getting it down. She's beautiful, and I'm so lucky.

Basically I just wanted to say trust your gut and get checked if you notice a decrease in activity. I am sitting here thanking god that I did.

I hope your baby girl is better soon x

Thank you for posting and well done for, you saved little Anna's life. Amazing mum a x

Thank you for sharing your story, I am so glad you went when you did. I hope Anna's heart rate comes down soon and that she is allowed home with you soon.

@ janers Congrats on Anna i hope her HR comes down and she is home with you very soon. Thank you for sharing your story.

Thanks everyone, her heart rate is now down, nicu is monitoring her but she seems good! I'm so in love with that little girl and can't stop thinking about yesterday's events.

I appreciate all the kind words!

So pleased her heart rate is down :)

Honestly I feel so few movements during this pregnancy from day 1, things like this worry me as I wouldn't know the difference!

Hopeful for 1st, just know ur baby's pattern. If fewer movements has always been normal for U then go with that as ur baby's 'normal' patter, if something feels different seek medical advice x

Janers, so pleased & relieved that ur little girl is here safely and recovering well. Congratulations xx

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I've been one that's posted several times about reduced movement etc. had it checked and was always told I just have a quiet baby etc!
Well, at 38 weeks I had a bleed filled with blood clots, and an emergency cs and transfusion was performed. Turns out my placenta was extremely calcified (looked like a smokers and I've never smoked!) and2 tennis ball sized clots were behind it. LO and I are both lucky to be here!
This may or may not be related to the reduced movements I was experiencing but just thought it worth mentioning

I cannot stress enough the importance of reduced movements. Trust your instincts. Go to the hospital without a second thought.

One day before my little girl was due I was sat watching tv and hadnt felt her move. The days leading up to this day, she was quiet but moving the odd time. I read that this was normal and that baby was getting ready to arrive. This is NOT true. My midwife and the hospital confirmed this.

I had been into hospital before at about 29 weeks with reduced movement and everything was fine, they checked me over and put me on those machines that trace babies heartbeat.

So off I go to the hospital at 39+6. They hook me up to the graph heartbeat machine (sorry I don't know what it's called) and began tracing heartbeat.

It started at 120. Nice and normal. This continued for a few mins. I was so relieved I could have cried. My baby was ok! Then all of a sudden her heartbeat dropped. It went to 60bpm so my Mum who was with me ran to get the nurses.

It was at this point they moved me into a side room, her heartbeat shot up to 120 again?! What the hell was going on. It was there and then it was decided that I had to have an emergency c-section to get this baby out. They said she would not make it through being induced and the build up to labour.

I was given a spinal and they performed my c section. After a few minutes they pulled my little girl from me. She was blue. She made no noise. They took her to the side and I asked why she wasn't breathing and what was wrong. They said they didn't know and they were looking after her. I was in tears. I was too late my baby had died. Then all of a sudden I heard a squeak. Like a mouse! It was her! She was okay, they brought her over to me and I kissed her. It was like a whirlwind, I didn't know what the hell had just happened or what was happening. She was very tiny and they said my placenta was white/calcified and the cord was round her neck which was why she kept cutting off her life supply.

It's been over 2 months now but I still have dark days where I wonder what would have happened if I didn't go to hospital. My little girl would not be here that's for certain.

Please, please go to get checked. Sometimes a matter of moments make a difference between life and losing one...

X

wookie, I am so glad that your precious girl got out just in time but I am so sorry you went through all of that :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->