• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

For the girls in the UK this is a new leaflet published by the royal college of obstetricians and gynecologists. These are the things maternity healthcare professional should be following.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/Your Baby's Movements in Pregnancy_0.pdf

So pleased to see them say it is NOT a certain number of movements but your baby's pattern. Lets hope it makes healthcare professionals come up to date.

For the girls in the UK this is a new leaflet published by the royal college of obstetricians and gynecologists. These are the things maternity healthcare professional should be following.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/Your Baby's Movements in Pregnancy_0.pdf

So pleased to see them say it is NOT a certain number of movements but your baby's pattern. Lets hope it makes healthcare professionals come up to date.

Thanks for posting this, it sounds like excellent advice and I've saved it on my phone

I was in maternity assessment unit yesterday evening for an hour whilst hooked up to the monitor as I had experienced a reduction in my little boys movements. I had left it 3 days before I called in in fear of looking stupid as he was still moving just not as much.. I will definitely be calling them now even if its just over the course of a day that I notice a difference as they were so lovely at the hospital..

I couldn't help but notice a previous comment in this thread from a lady saying her baby's constant movements were annoying and felt, like many others, that this was somewhat insensitive to post here as I was so incredibly worried before I went into hospital yesterday regarding my baby's movement and can honestly say that my little boy moving would never be annoying to me!!

I will be keeping an eye on his movements again today and if I still feel like they are reduced I will call again because its definitely better to be safe than sorry!

Glad you went and got seen Zoe, and that everything is fine :)

Thanks tasha. Midwife seemed happy when I left and so did I until this morning and now I'm worried again! Think its because I'm focusing on his movements more as I'm off work today so usually would be up and about and not noticing every movement!

I was in maternity assessment unit yesterday evening for an hour whilst hooked up to the monitor as I had experienced a reduction in my little boys movements. I had left it 3 days before I called in in fear of looking stupid as he was still moving just not as much.. I will definitely be calling them now even if its just over the course of a day that I notice a difference as they were so lovely at the hospital..

I couldn't help but notice a previous comment in this thread from a lady saying her baby's constant movements were annoying and felt, like many others, that this was somewhat insensitive to post here as I was so incredibly worried before I went into hospital yesterday regarding my baby's movement and can honestly say that my little boy moving would never be annoying to me!!

I will be keeping an eye on his movements again today and if I still feel like they are reduced I will call again because its definitely better to be safe than sorry!

I totally agree with you!!! How can you be sick of your baby's movements!!!
I know that is the one thing i will miss so so much about being pregnant.

I have been in and out of hospital a couple of times now due to reduced movement and felt really apologetic every time i get there and find out she's okay, but the staff are so lovely and say if it happens again don't hesitate to call. I do do all the things that are required first the lying down the cold drink i even put the straps on that they use to hold the monitors on as that usually gets her moving!

Its so important xo xo R.

dunno if any ladies are on tonight but i am noticing reduced movement altho i am feeling my baby i am not feeling him as much and i duuno what to do cos i am feeling him but not like normal

Go and get seen, you know your baby and their routine/pattern better than anyone x

When do we start doing this?
I'm 24+6 with an anterior placenta. Haven't felt much kicks up higher in about 36 hours but feeling lots of little pops right down low which I'm not sure if they're movements or hiccups since bub is usually head down at check ups

Since my last post I've laid here and ate half a pack if choccy biccies on my back and just now felt 4 kicks that could be felt through my hand :)

Glad you felt your baby hopeful. They say from 28 weeks to keep an eye on your baby's routine etc but I think if you're worried even before then, go get checked out x

I try not to worry as I have an anterior placenta so kicks aren't as obvious :(
That's what I always told myself but after reading this thread I'm really stressed

Until a few days ago I'd been feeling him above belly button level to the right and he was laying jyst down my right side it was feeling extremely cramped, but now I'm feeling soft pops through that fatty spot under your belly button so I'm guessing he's moved position/ spread out a bit more and now in a less noticeable spot for him to kick me as I'm quite comfortable now compared to last week. But I still don't know if I'm feeling kicks or hiccups!

I experienced this Sunday night/Monday morning. Very frightening when u think baby isn't as active as usual and can really be a worry.

I just popped into see my mid wife, she put me on the monitor for 20mins and sure enough baby started squirming and kicking and everything was fine :dohh:

We had a laugh and a giggle about it, she said it happens regular. as soon as you are strapped to the machine its like baby knows and shows off :happydance: but it really is worth just getting checked over for piece of mind, it's what they are there for :thumbup:

Glad everything was okay with your baby, Lily. Also really pleased that the mw was good to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->