The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

BUMP

Just wanted to say that yesterday I hadn't felt Imogen all morning, she's normally active in the morning but she does have lazy days so I wasn't too concerned but then I hadn't felt her after I'd eaten, she always has a wiggle when I eat so we went into the labour triage.
They were fantastic, Imogen had started moving when we got there but I was obviously still panicked.
They put me on a tracing machine and the midwife explained everything to me. The results came back absolutely fine and by that point Immy was as active as ever but they still gave me a scan today and another midwife had a chat with me after to put my mind at ease.
Never put off going in. I'm so happy we went in and I wouldn't of done anything differently.
My midwife has told me that even if Immy is moving but something doesn't feel right, ring up and say I want to be checked. The midwives would much prefer us to be checked than sit at home and worry xx

I am 27 weeks and for the past few hours i ahve had mild cramping. LO isnt moving around in there like he normally does. I have felt few movements today and don't know if I should worry. I have been laying down trying to see if these mild cramps will subside but nothing yet. Hubby gets off work in a couple hours don't know if i should have him take me to the hospital tonight or just call in the morning if nothing changes???

If you're worried it's better to get checked. Try laying down and drinking a cold glass of water if still no movement then I'd go in and get checked. Even if it's nothing it's better to get checked then not.

I am 27 weeks and for the past few hours i ahve had mild cramping. LO isnt moving around in there like he normally does. I have felt few movements today and don't know if I should worry. I have been laying down trying to see if these mild cramps will subside but nothing yet. Hubby gets off work in a couple hours don't know if i should have him take me to the hospital tonight or just call in the morning if nothing changes???

if your gut feeling is saying 'go in' go to hospital hun better safe than sorry even if they pull faces! the cramping could be braxton hicks,i had cramps with my braxtons all the time (even though i was assured you never had pain by my midwife..liar) Have an ice cold drink and lie flat on the floor before you call in (as they ask you if you have done so) and if you feel nowt go in hun, all the best,know how it feels as i had the same thing when i was around 27wks

HTH :hugs: GL xxxxx

Just an update if you ladies didn't get to read my post but I called my doc that night around 1030pm and was told to go to the hosp. Cramps ended up being contractions. Baby was looking good but for some reason I was contracting. Nurse said it could have been due to the beginnings of a bladder infection. Checked my cervix and it is still closed high and thick. Followed up with doc next morning had high blood pressure and was put on modified bedrest till next monday. Nothing has come back from urine sample so I am taking it as it was not a bladder infection because doc said if it was they would give me a call and call in a prescription for me. Cramping has stopped so now Ill just wait till next appt.

So I guess its true.... you should always go with your gut feeling.

i went down to hospital last night to get my twins checked, they jsut hadnt been as active as usual at the times they usually are. i get it drummed into me to monitor them, not the amount but more the pattern.

anyway i got there, they strapped me up and they began a party in there!! i was slightly embarrassed but glad i went as they found i had nasties in my urine which signified a urine infection.

the girls have bn fine today, but as theirs two in there, its more wriggles and the odd foot sticking out rather than big kicks.

the midwife also said shed rather i went twice a day and them be fine than worry at home and somethin go wrong. at the end of the day its thier job to care for pregnant women and thats what we are.

I am 33 weeks today and the last 3 days baby has been annoying me a lot. Constant movements! I know it is good when its moving but that is too much. It needs to get some sleep!!! lol

i went down to hospital last night to get my twins checked, they jsut hadnt been as active as usual at the times they usually are. i get it drummed into me to monitor them, not the amount but more the pattern.

anyway i got there, they strapped me up and they began a party in there!! i was slightly embarrassed but glad i went as they found i had nasties in my urine which signified a urine infection.

the girls have bn fine today, but as theirs two in there, its more wriggles and the odd foot sticking out rather than big kicks.

the midwife also said shed rather i went twice a day and them be fine than worry at home and somethin go wrong. at the end of the day its thier job to care for pregnant women and thats what we are.

Glad to read everything is ok with your girlies x

I am 33 weeks today and the last 3 days baby has been annoying me a lot. Constant movements! I know it is good when its moving but that is too much. It needs to get some sleep!!! lol

Not sure this is really the right thread to share that in. So many women have shared their stories of their little ones not moving and then dying or just making it, so to say your baby is annoying you a lot by moving, is insensitive.

Not sure this is really the right thread to share that in. So many women have shared their stories of their little ones not moving and then dying or just making it, so to say your baby is annoying you a lot by moving, is insensitive.

I agree with Tasha, be glad that your baby is moving lots.

Ok well I didnt know that... :wacko:
Moving all the time can be a bad sign too sometimes.

Very rarely, yes. And if that was your concern then fair enough but that wasnt what you said, you said it is annoying.

Just be grateful your LO is moving well. IF your worried your baby is moving too much rather than sitting there 'annoyed' why dont you contact your MW?

x

I just read this thread and I'm sat here trying to make a reply but find there are no words to express just how sorry I am for those of you that have suffered. Everything I type here looks feeble.

Thankyou so much for making this thread and keeping it going :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would have been one of those who waits to see...but after this, I would rather be a regular at the hospital- I will not hesitate to go in if my Lil Fella's movements change or even if I just get a feeling something isn't right. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->