• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

wookie, I am so glad that your precious girl got out just in time but I am so sorry you went through all of that :hugs:

Thanks Tasha, it sure puts things into perspective doesn't it x x

Hopefulfor1st & wookie, I'm so pleased ur Los r here safe & sound x

Oh Wookie! I'm so glad she's ok! Your motherly instincts kicked in and you saved your babies life!

I went to my ob office yesterday in tears because Em hadn't been moving nearly as much as normal for the day before and that morning, and I couldn't get her to move at all for about an hour. Normally she is always doing something so I know she's ok. I had a total freak out and my boss sent me down the hall to talk to my ob (I work in a Dr's office down the hall from my ob) . I went in and they did an NST, and thank God she is fine and started moving again a lot shortly afterward. I felt so stupid, I've been too ashamed of freaking out to even tell DH or my mom about any of this. But reading this thread I'm so glad that I did go get checked out, I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't gone and she wasn't ok. Thank you for sharing your stories.

Edit : 2 days later I had an ultrasound and it turns out that she had flipped from head down to transverse ...that being why the movement patterns changed and it felt different than normal.

ANyone just NOT have a super mobile baby throughout the whole pregnancy? I freak out, but then again he has never been super active. I didnt even feel him move until 22 weeks, and ever since then its just been suttle, and definetely nowhere near 10 times/hour. His u/s was normal, but now that I am almost 34 weeks I worry about the cord wrapping around his neck (I am not very big, my stomach is the biggest part of my body). I get a lot of BH contractions too.

Hi Ladies - just wondering if anyone had any experience with reduced fetal movement after having steroids injections? I had my second round yesterday and although LO is moving, he/she isn't nearly as active as usual. I do recall feeling the same concerns after the first set but just wondering if this is a normal side-effect? I had a scan yesterday and all was fine, and I have another scan booked for tomorrow already. Just looking for other peoples opinions?

Thanks as always. xx

I didnt have that side affect. You need to be seen hun.

Thanks Tasha. Bubs perked up a huge amount this afternoon so I'm a little less concerned now. I have a scan in the morning anyway so will get checked again then.

ANyone just NOT have a super mobile baby throughout the whole pregnancy? I freak out, but then again he has never been super active. I didnt even feel him move until 22 weeks, and ever since then its just been suttle, and definetely nowhere near 10 times/hour. His u/s was normal, but now that I am almost 34 weeks I worry about the cord wrapping around his neck (I am not very big, my stomach is the biggest part of my body). I get a lot of BH contractions too.

Me. I reported it about 5x to midwife. Got seen to
And put on monitor several times and they said "that's just your baby- he's a quiet one" we'll I had an emcs at 38 weeks- my placenta was extremely degraded and calcified and I started bleeding badly. They said the placenta was in a really bad state like someone who was very overdue or smoked through their pregnancy.
I guess we'll never know if they were related or not

Hey im just wondering if anyone has had this and everything been ok.
Im 35 weeks and usually baby is very active when sitting down in the evening I rarely get 10 mins when he doesnt move. From about half 5 sunday he hadnt moved very much and when he did it felt very weak compared to normal. I went in to be checked on monday had his heart monitored and a scan everything was fine but he has still not perked up only about 4 or 5 movements since 10 this morning. When monitoring his heartbeat we could hear him moving vut couldn't feel anything unlessI drank a very cold drink. Im so worried and confused has this happened to anyone else?

I would go and get checked again sweetie.

Everytime i go to the hospital to see doctor they get really annoyed and act like I'm overreacting. Even if it's nothing they shouldn't just be rude to me or annoyed you know?
On one hand i don't give a crap because I'm checking.on my baby. On the other hand out bothers me how I'm a high risk and when something goes wrong i have to take. Seriously!

They shouldnt treat you like that. Complain if they treat you like that again.

And put on monitor several times and they said "that's just your baby- he's a quiet one" we'll I had an emcs at 38 weeks- my placenta was extremely degraded and calcified and I started bleeding badly. They said the placenta was in a really bad state like someone who was very overdue or smoked through their pregnancy.

Wow! Why did you end up with the emcs? I mean, what made you go in? Is your baby totally healthy?

Wow! Why did you end up with the emcs? I mean, what made you go in? Is your baby totally healthy?

I was sitting on lounge and felt a tiny gush, the kind that's like "is that's waters or pee?" I rang hospital and said I think its my waters, or a show, they said prob nothing all busy here ill have someone call u back, just then I had another gush of blood down my legs that dropped on the floor, she got head midwife on phone who said probably nothing waters can be bloody but come in. I put a pad on and husband drove the 7 minutes to hospital by the time we got there pad was full and I was dripping all over the floor of maternity and they were still telling me all birthing suites were full! I said "I'm leaking on your floor!!" Didn't realize it was all blood until they asked me for a urine sample and it was all blood and clots- best way I can describe it is it looked like a tin of beetroot! Husband went and told them I'm bleeding and they said bleeding is normal so I'm on the floor of the toilet trying to
Clean my blood up it looked like a massacre in there! A midwife come back to get urine and saw me on the floor and freaked out... They put me on a fetal monitor while they started getting me ready for a transfusion and fetal hb was ok, the doctor then spent AGES stuffing up my cannula and said u wont be leaving tonight and hubby went to call in sick to work, another midwife come in and saw fetal hb had been at 60-80 for 6 minutes and the idiot doctor stuffing up my cannula didn't notice! My placenta had had an abruption and baby was oxygen deprived. At that point they started running me to theatre for a c section and didn't have time to check my records so asked ME what my placenta position, estimated fetal weight, blood type etc were! I'm glad I was so obsessive through my pregnancy and knew all these things, baby was small at 6p1 but perfectly fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->