The Inbetweeners! due date after Christmas but before New Years

I've gained about 12-13 pounds and I will be 21 weeks tomorrow. I had another ultrasound today (from my actual doctor's office this time) and the baby is still definitely a girl! She was measuring to the exact day of her due date, so her growth is right on track. She's approx 13 ounces now, so will hopefully hit a pound in the next week! I feel her all of the time now, but my hubby hasn't been able to feel her yet so we're just hoping her kicks continue to get stronger so daddy can feel his little girl too! :)

My little guy kicks all day I love it, but hubby has yet to feel it! Ive only felt it a couple times from the outside so hopefully he will get a little stronger in the next few weeks! I dont know how ive only gained 1 lb so far, worried me a little bit but she said hes growing right on track...I will probably gain my weight all at once and get even more stretch marks! lol oh well!

19+2 DH and I were laughing last night because I feel so huge, and babies way 7-10 oz.. What's going to happen when they weigh 5lbs each?? Oy vey

image.jpg

image.jpg
Here is my 20 weeks bump :) ahhhh

Want2bemommy- cute bump :
-hmmm any idea why all my pics look sideways?

Cute bumps! Here's my 20 weeks!

We have our diaper party tomorrow!! :happydance: Hopefully a lot of people show up, with our daughter we didn't have buy diapers for the first year it was really nice!!

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
Oh yay diaper party!!

While the girls are with me during my baby shower.... My hisband is throwing a diaper keg party- which his friends have to bring diapers to drink from his keg lol- so hopefully we get lots of diapers :) he is pretty excited about it.

Melydu- congrats on confirmed boy!!!!!

So yesterday- i picked up my free breastpump :) here is the US maternity leave sucks but at least if u have insurance u get a breast pump hahha- i wasnt sure between the Ameda or Medela ( at work we switched from the medela to the ameda because the ameda is a closed system) iv done alot of research and i went with the Ameda- i hear its only real downfall is its a lil louder, but high points are like i said its a closed system so it help preventing contamination. I hear the sucition is comparable but the medela has an automatic suction mode where the Ameda you can control it yourself to what works for you. So we will see how it works :) its getting Real!!!!! Im also feeling Canon move everyday- ( lol we think we are namin him Canon- but i call him it all the time so i guess we really are lol- it has really helped me bond ) EEK!!!- im gonna be a mommy!!!!! Im going through the phase where im gettig excited to meet him but also doubting my ability once he is here... What if icant do it, if im too tired? Will i fail at breastfeeding? Will DH n i grow farther apart because it will be all about baby n we will be exhausted? Can we really afford me not working for a while? Will the birth go ok? Ugh- im gonna go eat something hahahhah

Hahaha Hope- totally normal!! It will be really exciting at first and trust me you and Dh will get in little bicker moments because it is stressful having a new baby, but things do get better as you settle into a routine, you will love every single moment of it!!! How do you get a free breast punp? I have insurance! lol

Here is a pic from our diaper party, everything went really well. We did have a keg too, it was a little hard to watch everyone drink and drink and drink and have so much fun lol but I know its SO worth it!

Attachments

• dia.jpg
    dia.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 7
Wow you got a real good start on diapers!!!! Thats awesome :)
Ftmommy- do u live in the US... If so your doctor writes u a perscription for one and its different with each state n insurance... Like some u have to wait till after the baby comes, some u need to wait toll the third trimester.... Mine i just needed a perscription. Then there was a distributer in my state i had to go to, but alot of my friends then just went to pick it up at target or babys r us.... Ask ur doc about it :)

Awesome! Yes I'm in the US so I will have to ask the doctor about it!

Yay I love doing the nursery!! We havent quite started our yets but we did get everything down from the attic form our first baby. We have a crib changing table swing rocking chair dresser and bouncer, so all we need to do is paint and get some little things! This is all going by so fast, I cant wait until we are all ready in the last few weeks it will for sure be exciting!!

I got some unnerving news yesterday... my OB called me with the results of my 20(ish) week ultrasound and said that everything looked good except... there is an echogenic intracardiac focus on the baby's heart, which is a soft marker for down syndrome. She tried to reassure me that it is fairly common in healthy babies too... apparently 1 in 20 healthy babies have EIFs at 20ish weeks... but that it slightly raised my risk for DS. I had a quad screen at 18 weeks and the results came back with a 1/4250 chance of Downs... so with those results, coupled with the fact that there are no other indicators, I was told not to worry.... yeah right!

I've been researching all of this like crazy and have found that most of the time, babies with EIFs found at their 20 week ultrasound end up being born without down syndrome... and only about 1% of the time they actually do have downs, especially if there were no other markers/indicators. So most likely, everything will be fine. But my OB is sending me for a level 2 ultrasound just to make sure.

O Hun I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad uve got a follow up. I'm sure everything is goin to be fine, do keep us posted tho,

BellezzaJess ... I will pray for your baby. I think they just have to "cover themselves" by telling us these things, then, they tell us not to worry...YEAH RIGHT!! I am with you on that...it is so hard NOT to worry. Also hard not to research it yourself and find info on "worst case scenarios". But try and stay positive and take it one visit at a time. I too have to go back for a second level 2... I am hoping and praying it turns out to be nothing, for the both of us. Hang in there! :)
Kat

BellezzaJess ... I will pray for your baby. I think they just have to "cover themselves" by telling us these things, then, they tell us not to worry...YEAH RIGHT!! I am with you on that...it is so hard NOT to worry. Also hard not to research it yourself and find info on "worst case scenarios". But try and stay positive and take it one visit at a time. I too have to go back for a second level 2... I am hoping and praying it turns out to be nothing, for the both of us. Hang in there! :)
Kat

Thanks 4boys1girl. What is the reason for your level 2?

Bellezzajess...I posted about it on here and in my journal. But basically my placenta isn't formed right. It is abnormally thick and mountainous, not long and thin like it should be. Apparently this can cause intrauterine growth restriction. Hopefully it won't and I can carry as close to term as possible, but from what I read, they sometimes have to induce early because the baby can survive better outside the womb, then in. But according to the docs, who told me all this and then told me "not to worry", they have seen this before where it doesn't cause any issues at all....so that's what I am hoping for. My worst nightmare is delivering a micro-preemie!

Sorry, I missed that post before. (Just went back and read it now.) I will keep your baby in my prayers as well. All of this worry really takes the fun out of ultrasounds... :\

Sorry, I missed that post before. (Just went back and read it now.) I will keep your baby in my prayers as well. All of this worry really takes the fun out of ultrasounds... :\

FOR SURE!!! I was chit chatting with my friend who is pregnant (due end of September) and we were discussing the fact that the babies seem to move around a lot during and after the ultrasound (almost as if it bothers them). Then I decided to read about it and found out that they can actually hear the sound waves. 100 decibels and equivalent to a freight train driving through a train station. Poor babies...no wonder they going nuts in there! Then I started to feel bad about having ultrasound at all :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->