The inbetweenies!!

Hi. :)

What a bargain. We got Isabella her first pair last week and it cost us £32! She is a 4g, little chunky feet. :haha:
I thought Isabella's ear infection was getting better, she slept through for a couple of nights but last night wasn't good, up from 3-5.30, yawn! I hope she feels better soon.
We haven't been up to an awful lot, yesterday was a miserable day, lots of rain so we couldn't get out for our usual walk. Today seems to be better, a little windy and chilly but at least it's dry.
My OH is on holiday as of tomorrow so we are planning on going on a few days out, sea life centre, safari park and whatever else we can think of. I hope it doesn't rain.

I hope you and your inbetweenies are all well. :)

x

Hi all :)
We've had a lovely weekend, BBQ with grandad and nanny yesterday then pub walk with friends today. Grandad also gave James his first birthday present a little early - he couldn't wait, the big kid! It's a smart trike - and James absolutely LOVES it! Definitely recommend them. I thought he'd be too young for it, but I was wrong and it's very safe too.

Got back home just before the torrential rain luckily. James is having a couple of days of not eating much, which is always a bit worrying for us...but we try to trust him to know what he needs.

Oh, and he crawled - forwards!! Woohoo! Mind you, there go my rests on the sofa (usually on the forum...) and we definitely need to buy those stair gates now :)
He's growing up so fast :(

Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend x

Hey all. Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? Good I hope.
Bella is still getting over her ear infection, the medicine we were given didn't seem to do much a it's finished and her ears are still bothering her. The dr said if it wasn't effective then it will be viral which they can't give anything for. So I have been giving her calpol at nights to help with the pain/discomfort.
What did/is everyone get/ting their inbetweenies for their first birthdays? We have got her a few small toys and will be getting a swing set for her (but won't have it in time for her birthday). She already has a rocking horse, tunnel and tent, a sit on push along thing and a trike. Any ideas would be welcomed.
We have been to the safari park and deep sea world this week. She loved watching all the animals and fish. :)

x

Hi ladies,

Quick question for you, did you buy your lo's "cruising" shoes? My DD is 10 months and walking holding on to fingers and cruising round furniture etc, more for when we are out really and she wants to get down...

Thanks!! X

We never bought cruisers. We had her in her bare feet until she had been walking for about a month. It meant she couldn't get down to stand unless we were in the house though. I just wanted her to get a feel for walking in her bare feet to let her suss it out, I'm not sure if that made any difference though.

x

Ds is only just crawling - since last weekend! So, no we haven't bothered with cruising shoes and I've read that barefoot as much as poss is better to help them use natural balance as scottishmum said :)

As for first birthday presents, he'll get so much from all the family that we aren't going to go too mad ourselves. I've got him a set of wooden building blocks and gonna get a bag of megabloks too. We're having the party at ours so that will cost a bit too - and he's too young to even realise whats going on anyway :)

Hope bellas ear infection clears up, poor little thing :( We've been to sealife centre a couple of times but ds isn't too bothered yet...so it's lucky we've got an annual pass since its so expensive! Need to come up with more outside the house activities now he's crawling - running around after him at home is exhausting! :D

My inbetweenie has been walking for a few days now. :cry:

Hi girls, how is everyone?

Scottishmum: as it happens we've been shopping for LOs birthday presents today (her birthdays a week tomorrow, can't believe it!)

We've got her a pink rocking horse, a stacking rings thingy and a surfing polar bears bath toy which I can't wait to play with!
The in-laws came with us and they've decided on one of those 2 tents joined together by a tunnel thingys. MIL bought her some lovely clothes today to which she's also going to wrap up for her birthday.
My mums got her a my pal violet and my dad has got her a giant Minnie mouse.

Also I really fancied getting an aqua-doodle set but couldn't find one but that could be an idea for you? And I saw a my first play dough set in early learning centre today, suitable from 18 months which looked kinda cool too.

What did you all do/are you planning to do for LOs birthday cake? Ours is going to be gruffalo themed. I can't bake to save my life so MIL is making it :)

Thomas has cruisers :)

We had his birthday party today :D

Hi ladies,

Quick question for you, did you buy your lo's "cruising" shoes? My DD is 10 months and walking holding on to fingers and cruising round furniture etc, more for when we are out really and she wants to get down...

Thanks!! X

James got cruisers when he was about 10months. We've got wooden floors which were fine when he was barefoot but a bit slippy in socks so the cruisers gave him a little bit more grip.

We only use his shoes when we're out. It's supposed to be best for them to learn to walk in bare feet. My wee man is getting better and better at walking and even did a run yesterday :dohh:

Hi ladies,

Thanks!! X

James got cruisers when he was about 10months. We've got wooden floors which were fine when he was barefoot but a bit slippy in socks so the cruisers gave him a little bit more grip.

We were the same as u kath. We have wooden floors to and jakey was slipping lots so we bought some cruisers at 10 months too. We do usually keep him shoes off in the house now.

Love Clarks shoes but they are really on the pricey side aren't they!!

For Jacobs 1st birthday we got him a trike, more clothes, a Disney cars ball pit, toot toot drivers garage, books and lots of other bits n pieces but I am a shopaholic lol!! Will be looking out for Xmas presents soon!

Sequeena- hope Thomas has had a lovely birthday party! :)

I've already bought James first Christmas present Sian :blush: Saw some Happyland stuff half price and couldn't resist!

I've already bought James first Christmas present Sian :blush: Saw some Happyland stuff half price and couldn't resist!

:haha: I'm all ready trawling thru the catalogues!! Jacobs obsessed with mickey mouse clubhouse and Disney junior so I'm heading along those lines and maybe some Disney dvd's!!

Love ur new avatar pic :) he looks sooo cute

New cruisers purchased! A mere snip at £24! :saywhat:

It's scary how much they cost...and how fast their feet grow!

Clarks had a sale a while back and we nipped some up for £12 :)

I had a bargain today pair of brown leather Clarks walkers for £9 in the sale!! :) xx

Hey ladies!! Anyone have any probs cutting ur lo's nails! Jacob screams the place down and cries! He even realises that I'm doing it when he's asleep and wakes up. Any suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->