The inbetweenies!!

Ok ladies, a few questions.

We were planning on stopping Sophia's bottles at around 1. She turns a year old tomorrow. :cry:

What's the easiest way to go about this so I know she is still getting enough to keep her hydrated? I think we've decided to keep her on formula for a while longer as she I don't think she gets the food intake she needs for all of her vitamins and calories.

She also won't use a regular sippy cup, but she will drink from the sippys that have straws. Anyone else had their LO's do this?

Awwww!!!! Happy birthday Sophia!!!!! :cake: Could you just let her use the straw ones?

We were planning on stopping Sophia's bottles at around 1. She turns a year old tomorrow. :cry:

What's the easiest way to go about this so I know she is still getting enough to keep her hydrated? I think we've decided to keep her on formula for a while longer as she I don't think she gets the food intake she needs for all of her vitamins and calories.

She also won't use a regular sippy cup, but she will drink from the sippys that have straws. Anyone else had their LO's do this?

We're struggling with the sippy cup too. Livvy gets one feed per day in a sippy cup but only drinks 3oz at best. One of the girls at the nursery suggested one of them cups with the flip-up spout but I haven't got round to getting her one yet. What are the ones with straws? I've not seen them, any chance you could post a link?

Also, do any of you ladies have recovering CMPI babies? My LO was and I've started trying to swap her onto cows milk, each bottle has 1oz cows milk and 5oz formula but she's had awful constipation. I don't know whether to carry on and see if they're just transition poos or stick with formula for a few more months. Then if I do stick to formula, should I switch to growing up milk?

Awwww!!!! Happy birthday Sophia!!!!! :cake: Could you just let her use the straw ones?

Thank you, can't believe a year ago today I was laying in bed waiting to be induced! After having some issues it was like a breath of fresh air that I was going to see my little girl tomorrow and her be here and SAFE!

These are the cups that she's been using.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2799857

I just didn't know if it was normal for them not to drink out of regular sippy cups?

Happy Birthday to Sophia for tomorrow. :)

I can't help with the sippy cups I'm afraid. Isabella will take juice no bother from them but refuses to take milk from them. I keep trying but she won't have milk in anything other than a bottle!

x

Sophia says thank you! :winkwink:

We still haven't given her juice, only formula and water. We're awful, I know. :haha:

Sophia says thank you! :winkwink:

We still haven't given her juice, only formula and water. We're awful, I know. :haha:

I only give her a little diluting juice so she will drink it, she won't drink water. If I could get away with it, she would only have formula and water! :)

Evening ladies,

How is everyone? Happy Birthday for tomorrow Sophia :)

Jacob is really fussy with water and doesn't really drink much throughout the day! I've tried him with a few smoothies and diluted juice and he sometimes drinks a bit. We changed him over to cows milk once he turned one as he is a very good eater and was dropping lots of his formula feeds!

Question - if foods say "may contain traces of nuts" can u still give babies over one the foods that contain this label??x

James still has his milk from bottles - he drinks water well from a sippy cup but won't take his milk from it. And he's not a great eater so he's on 1-2year formula instead of cows milk.

As long as you haven't got allergies in the family I don't think "may contain traces of nut" food is a problem. James has peanut butter on toast sometimes and loves it - there is some advice now that if you delay introducing nuts too long you can have a greater risk of problems (although if you have allergies in family advice is different)

Cheers kath!! :) none of my family have but allergies so hopefully he would be ok with them then! Jacob has a sippy cup in daytime too but bottles at night and first thing in the morning x

Happy Birthday for tomorow Sophia! Leo will be following you into toddlerhood on thursday!

Well we went out and brought a big tub of follow on milk for Leo, and he is refusing to drink it! x

I have been giving Isabella peanut butter from around 7 months. I agree with K123, it's ok to give, from 6 months, as long as there are no allergies in the family. I was told if there is you have to wait until they are 1. I don't know how true that is though.

x

Thank u ladies :flower:

This weather is lush! Bedroom is very warm tonight tho.

Day off for me tomorrow :wohoo: time to chill out in the sun with my little man :)

Wats everyone else got planned for the rest of the week?xx

I'm possibly going out for dinner with my best mate tomorrow as I completely forgot about her birthday!! EEK baby brain indeed!!! :dohh:

Rest of the week I'm not sure what's happening, I won't go too far in this heat. Think I'll take T to visit my nan and aunt :) OH will be working from Thursday.

Im spending the day in the pool with my sister and the babas tomorow and then on Thursday its Leos first birthday so a fun day with him and daddy!

I'm so jealous of the lovely weather you have!! I wish I could plan something to do outside in the lovely sunshine. :) We are getting new wood put in the house tomorrow, new skirtings, door facings etc. (very exciting I hear you say) :haha: so I will probably take Bella swimming since we can't depend on it being a nice day here. We don't have anything planned for the rest if the week, meeting my friend on Friday to take the girls out for a walk if it's dry.

x

You can have all of this "nice" sunshine we've been having! Send us some rain and lower temps! This 110 degree shit is for the birds! haha

This week..

Tomorrow is Phia's birthday so doing a small party with OH and MIL. (She's coming into town for a week.) We're finishing moving into our new house this week - slowly. Saturday and Sunday Sophia's having 2 parties.

Brookey I can't believe our babies are going to be a year old! This year has FLOWN by! Are you having a party for him? What's the theme, ect?

You can have all of this "nice" sunshine we've been having! Send us some rain and lower temps! This 110 degree shit is for the birds! haha

This week..

Tomorrow is Phia's birthday so doing a small party with OH and MIL. (She's coming into town for a week.) We're finishing moving into our new house this week - slowly. Saturday and Sunday Sophia's having 2 parties.

Brookey I can't believe our babies are going to be a year old! This year has FLOWN by! Are you having a party for him? What's the theme, ect?

I know its scary! I remember us posting about our little newborns :cry:

We are going to have a little party at the weekend, just family and some friends...were going with a jungle theme. We call Leo our little lion so im going to attempt to make a lion cake :wacko:

How about you, whats the theme?xx

Owl theme!

Good luck with your cake! I'm making Sophia a "1" Smash cake and everyone else is getting a big 1 cake and owl cupcakes.

Tons more, I'm so excited!

Tomorrow she will wake up to a banner and balloons hanging in her room. :D

Can I join in?

I'm Danielle, I have a baby girl marella who was one last Friday! I was very emotional the whole birthday weekend, as was my husband. I got married at Christmas 2009. I love anything and everything crafty or readable! I also have pcos and It took 6 months to fall pg with marella, after being told I would never naturally fall pg :) were currently in discussions about when we're going to ttc a brother or sister for rel, we're not seeing eye to eye :)

Can I join in?

I'm Danielle, I have a baby girl marella who was one last Friday! I was very emotional the whole birthday weekend, as was my husband. I got married at Christmas 2009. I love anything and everything crafty or readable! I also have pcos and It took 6 months to fall pg with marella, after being told I would never naturally fall pg :) were currently in discussions about when we're going to ttc a brother or sister for rel, we're not seeing eye to eye :)

Welcome!

I love the name Marella, very unique! Wow, baby number 2...im jeleous!

Weve decided to start trying at the end of this year!x:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->