The 'Lets get slim for Xmas' Group!

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
Right, so heres our list!! Please PM me your weightloss for the current week so I can edit this post as and when.

If you want to join up you can do so until next monday. (28/09/09) Just PM me how much you'd like to lose and what day you'd like to weigh on. After monday I wont be adding any more to the list, but you can still come in and have a natter.

To make things nice and simple, I will put a < followed by weight lost or a > followed by weight gained for that week. I will do this in the colour for the week (ie. this week is red, so have done it in red...The following week I will add the new weight loss next to the previous one.. Get me??

Week Starting 21/09/09 CONGRATS BECKY - SLIMMER OF THE WEEK :thumbup:
Week Starting 28/09/09 CONGRATS SERINA27 - SLIMMER OF THE WEEK :thumbup:
Week Starting 05/10/09 CONGRATS KIMBOOWEE - SLIMMER OF THE WEEK :thumbup:
Week Starting 12/10/09

MONDAY
Plumfairy - 28lb to lose <4lb <0.5lb <3lb <2lb
Katycam - 28lb to lose
Rafwife - 35.2lbs to lose <2.2lb
Blah11 - 15lb to lose <1lb <1lb <2lb
nessajane - 28lb to lose <4.5lb <2.5lb <0lb
joeyjo - 10lb to lose <0.5lb >1.5lb
ttcArmyBrat - 14lb to lose >2lb <0lb <2lb
Kitten - 12lb to lose <1lb >1lb <1lb

TUESDAY
Becky - 14.5lb to lose < 4.5lb <1lb >0.5lb <2.5lb
jms895 - 26lb to lose < 3lb <0lb <1lb
pinksnowball - 28lb to lose <2lb <0.5lb <6lb
Kimboowee<7.5lb >0.5lb
lesleyann - 28lb to lose

WEDNESDAY
Serina27 - 30lb to lose <7lb <1lb

THURSDAY
HannahGraceee - 30lb to lose <1lb

FRIDAY
Tezzy - 20lb to lose <2lb
tiggertea - 22lb to lose <0.5lb <0.5lb

SATURDAY

SUNDAY
Georgie09 -21lb to lose <1lb

If you girls would like to be added to a certain day then let me know.

Scorpio87- 25lb to lose
x-mum-2-b-x - 28lb to lose
Honey08 - 28lb to lose

If anyone has any better ideas about how I could be organising this please let me know.. Hope its not too confusing:dohh:

Also... Trying to sort out a 'Slimmer of the Week' feature.. Just need to think what day we'll be doing it on.

I'll join. I think I'd like to have 15lbs gone by my birthday (November 14th) and 25 gone by Christmas!! I'm just going to try healthy eating, portion control, increased water intake and more exercise. I know I can do it, I'm just far too lazy haha.

Hi Scorpio! :D Glad someone has joined! I'll add you to the list now! :thumbup: Have you started your healthy eating yet? xxx

Come on girls get your names down!! There'll be no excuses once its in writing!! :D

sign me up! :lol: 2.5 stone/16kgs/35.2 lbs to lose!

I'm aiming to lose weight, but also change my lifestyle and eating habits so I'm a much healthier person all round :)

Yes me too! No point dieting and then just putting it on again. My plan is to do slimming world until I lose the weight, and then just eat healthily and hopefully get into exercising more!

Ohhhh I'll join!! I'm sick of being a heffa :rofl:

And seeing as Morgans turning 1 next month I can't really use the " I've just had a baby" card anymore.

I WILL lose 2 stone!!!!!

... I'm actually hesitating posting this lol...ohh god I'm a fatty in denial!!! :blush:

Ohhhh I'll join!! I'm sick of being a heffa :rofl:

And seeing as Morgans turning 1 next month I can't really use the " I've just had a baby" card anymore.

I WILL lose 2 stone!!!!!

... I'm actually hesitating posting this lol...ohh god I'm a fatty in denial!!! :blush:

Its in writing now so no going back!! SO 2 stone by xmas yes? Will put you on the list now! We're all in the same boat pretty much so can support eachother along the way. It can be done Im sure of it! How are you planning on losing your weight? Any special diet or just good ol healthy eating? xxxx

Haha no not yet!! I'm going out with my friends later for drinks and food to celebrate one of their new jobs. I'll start tomorrow ;)

Haha no not yet!! I'm going out with my friends later for drinks and food to celebrate one of their new jobs. I'll start tomorrow ;)

Oooh nice! :D Have a nice time. No point starting on a weekend really! xxx

I've been putting the gym off for months now. So going to start once a week then increase it. And I drink literally around 3 litres of fizzy drinks a day so As of tomorrow it's water only!! Also going to cut out the quick fix crap I binge on lol.

Wow I feel inspired.

X

I've been putting the gym off for months now. So going to start once a week then increase it. And I drink literally around 3 litres of fizzy drinks a day so As of tomorrow it's water only!! Also going to cut out the quick fix crap I binge on lol.

Wow I feel inspired.

X

Yaaay good on you! :D Water is soooo important I think and really helps weightloss! Infact Im off to get a big glass now! :happydance: Glad you feel inspired! We can do it!! Wooohooo!! :happydance: xxx

We can so do this girls :happydance:

What about post what we're eating each day, and swapping recipes?

My food today:

Brekkie: None! (Naughty!!)

Lunch: Veggie club sandwich (red peppers, yellow peppers, tomato, cucumber and goats cheese on wholemeal bread)

Dinner: balsamic and black pepper green beans, roasted sweet potato and salad with light vinaigrette dressing.

Snack: honeydew melon pieces

Also I've re-started taking my vitamins and oils so today I've had....

Green tea tablets (helps with slimming)
Pumpkin and flax seeds
Multivitamin (special type off a nutritionist)
Omega-3 oils

We can so do this girls :happydance:

What about post what we're eating each day, and swapping recipes?

Swapping recipes sounds good.:thumbup: Although I dont think I can write everything down as Im already doing that once for my slimming world diary and fear I may develop an unhealthy obcession if I start writing down too much... But if anybody wants to then great. :thumbup: Be interesting to see what kinda things other people eat. Incase you dont have one, I highly reccomend a slow cooker, especially with winter coming. Can make some lovely stews etc and just pop it on before bed and done by the morning. I just bought one in tesco but just seem them on offer in asdas for £7!!! Total bargain!!!

My food today:

Brekkie: None! (Naughty!!)

Lunch: Veggie club sandwich (red peppers, yellow peppers, tomato, cucumber and goats cheese on wholemeal bread)

Dinner: balsamic and black pepper green beans, roasted sweet potato and salad with light vinaigrette dressing.

Snack: honeydew melon pieces

Also I've re-started taking my vitamins and oils so today I've had....

Green tea tablets (helps with slimming)
Pumpkin and flax seeds
Multivitamin (special type off a nutritionist)
Omega-3 oils

OMG drooling over the balsamic and black pepper green beans... Now thats my kinda grub! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

They were yummy! olive oil, garlic and chopped onions in a pan, then green beans and sautee. Then loads of black pepper and drizzle with balsamic glaze. MmmmMmmmm......

Thanks for the asda tip for slow cookers! I've been looking for one!

Btw I am totally needing sugar right now :wacko: I don't need it at all, but my body is so used to it I have baaaaad cravings!! *must think about something else*

I'm not posting what I ate today because I can't remember and I'm pretty sure its gonna be ruined with a nice creamsicle drink and probably some sort of waffle fries later tonight haha.

I'll post my favourite healthy recipes though!!

SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD

2 bags fresh spinach
1 sm. red onion (opt.)
1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced

DRESSING:

1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. onion
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. salad oil
1/4 c. cider vinegar

Mix dressing early. Or use 1 bottle poppy seed dressing.
Tear washed spinach into bite sized pieces. Place in salad bowl. Toss with dressing. Add strawberries and onion, if desired. Toss lightly. Serves 6 to 8.

Taco Bake (NO CARBS! From South Beach Diet Phase 1 ;))

1 can refried beans (I'm lucky enough to have a Trader Joes that carries organic refried beans with nothing but beans, water, spices).
1 lb extra lean ground beef (I'm able to get 94% lean - groundy turkey can be used too)
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper chopped (red's my favorite, but use whatever)
8 oz mushrooms, coarsely chopped (diced, not sliced)
1 can green chilis (like ortega)
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or more, if you'd like)
2-3 TB chili powder (your favorite that hopefully has no added sugar)
1 TB cumin
1-2 t garlic powder
2-3 TB tomato paste
2/3 C shredded f/f or l/f cheese, your choice, although I think cheddar is the best

Garnish - any, all work well:
chopped green onions
chopped black olives
l/f, f/f sour cream
chopped lettuce and tomatoes
chopped cilantro
chopped white or bermuda onion
salsa

Preheat oven to 450. Take a flat casserole dish, spray with cooking spray and spread refried beans on the bottom. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, saute meat, onions, bell pepper, garlic (season with S&P) until onion begins to soften and meat beings to brown. Add mushrooms and cook until they've released their water and meat is thoroughly browned. Drain fat and add all spices, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until spices toast. Add green chilies and tomato paste, along with a little bit of water, if needed. The mixture should be moist but not runny.

Take the casserole dish with the beans, pour mixture on top and top with cheese (sometimes I add olives and green onions at this stage). Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just starts to bubble. Serve with generous heaps of lettuce as a bed (romain, red leaf and iceberg work really well here), and garnish with garnishes of your choice.

Chicken Fiesta Salad (I could eat this all day, every day! Also no carbs if you don't add the chips, but incredibly filling! Guarantee you won't eat all night after this!)

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (1.27 ounce) packet dry fajita seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
1/2 cup salsa
1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, cut into wedges
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.

Lemon Chicken Stir Fry

1 lemon
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
10 ounces mushrooms, halved or quartered
1 cup diagonally sliced carrots , (1/4 inch thick)
2 cups snow peas , (6 ounces), stems and strings removed
1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts divided
1 tablespoon chopped garlic

Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest and set aside. Juice the lemon and whisk 3 tablespoons of the juice with broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs. Add mushrooms and carrots to the pan and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and the reserved lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and the chicken and any accumulated juices; cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.

Btw I am totally needing sugar right now :wacko: I don't need it at all, but my body is so used to it I have baaaaad cravings!! *must think about something else*

Get yourself a HUUUGE glass of water as a distraction. can you have a herb tea with a little spoon of honey in instead of sugar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->