The LTTTC thread for everyone.

HappyAuntie--what nice looking blasts, including the frowning one! That one looks like it is a no nonsense type of egg that is not going down without a fight, lol.

I don't blame you for transferring three. I'd definitely want to maximize my chance for a bfp at all costs too. In the very unlikely circumstance you have triplets, you can deal with that later.

You ladies are so lucky to have such great insurance!!

Ready, Milty: My insurance sucked before the health care law and it continues to suck afterward, not just for fertility but for everything. I work for state government, so they are really struggling trying to keep their insurance plan solvent since our pool tends to be older. It's so bad that I'd be better off just saving my premiums and paying everything out of pocket if it weren't for the possibility that I get into an accident or get diagnosed with cancer or something.

I get no fertility coverage at all for infertility, except that it does pay 80% for the diagnosis after paying a $1000 deductible. It sucks that I started my treatments near the end of the year because I'm going to have to pay another $1000 next year--except now the deductible has gone up to $1500.

The health care law has had mixed results for me. The big hit for me was the change they made to the health care spending accounts. They lowered the max you can put away from $4000 or so to $2500. That one really hurt.

However I have seen some benefits to the health care law. It didn't stop my premiums from rising and benefits from shrinking, but I do appreciate not having to pay a copay for preventative health care. Also, my dh is self-employed, so we're hoping that if this thing works the way they say it's supposed to, he can get better, more affordable insurance through the exchanges instead of having to rely solely on my crappy insurance.

AFM: I'm done with my first round of fertility drugs and I'm officially in the 2ww! I took my 100 mg of Clomid on days 3-7. The first three days I was worried it wasn't working because I didn't feel any side effects at all but then I got slammed on days 6 and 7 with severe headaches, nausea, and hot flashes here and there. I took a shot of Bravelle on day 9 and my trigger on day 12. The injectibles are so much nicer side effect-wise. Funny thing is that I didn't really feel any O pain like I usually do--I just had a mild ache in that area. I guess this is what O really feels like for me, because the last time I thought I O'ed it turned out to be a cyst.

At my CD12 ultrasound, I had two mature follicles. The only bad thing is that they were both on my right side, which is the same side as the tube that may be blocked. So I'm going to have to hope that my right tube really isn't blocked or that the left tube picks up the eggs. Also, my cyst in my left grew a little, but I'm hoping with the trigger shot that it will be smaller next cycle.

I still have a shot this cycle, but I have some things working against me so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. If it's a bfn at least I will know why.

CaliD...what RE are you going to in ATL? I just realized you are here LOL

LLbean, Oh wow I didn't realize you were here in the A too. I go to the Emory Reproductive Center.

cool. I started at RBA, did one IUI at ACRM and now I am dealing with GRS LOL...I've seen them all it seems ;-)

Hey girls - check this out - it's awesome!!

Is Santa Claus an infertile?

Hello lovely ladies :wave:

Just popping in to say hi and to send you all my love and wishes for a fab Christmas. I really hope 2013 is the year all our baby dreams come true :thumbup:

Sending this to all that need it
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Things with me are good, I think I've stopped TTC! I'm selling all the unworn maternity clothes i bought when we started 3 years ago and I'm okay about it, I was a bit sad when I ironed all the clothes and thought about how sure i was we'd get pregnant. But I have a good life and i'm going to live it without the heartache of TTC :thumbup:. Of course i'm secretly hoping I'm one of those women that stops TTC and gets pregnant :blush::haha:.

Happy Christmas gorgeous ladies :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::xmas16::xmas6::xmas8::xmas5::xmas9:

Hi Sukisam! It's good to hear you are enjoying life! I do look forward to the day when I'm not in this awful limbo state.

Suki so good to here from you

Love that your happy

:hugs::hugs: Suki. You're my hero!!

LL- I can't believe you don't have maternity coverage!! That's insane.

Cali- bummer that your follies are from the blocked side!! :dohh: You never know. I've heard of the opposite tube picking up the egg. But at the very worse, it's a dry run and next time the follies will be from the open side. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone I am fashionably late the party but... Hello!

We have been trying for almost 3 years now :( Today was my BFN and AF should come tomorrow so very sad that this day rolls around every month.

Cali, I swear I am not making this up - I have a good friend on here who lost one tube to an ectopic, and after ltttc and rmc decided to try IUI. She used femara, had one or two follies both on the side with no tube at all, and she got pregnant on her first go-round. Her baby is 6 mos now. I am not one to spread unfounded hope... it really does happen. :thumbup: So don't count yourself out yet! :hugs:

Suki, it's lovely to hear from you. :hugs::hugs:

And Brandy, welcome... though we all hate that you've wound up here. :hugs: You're in good company, though. :flower:

Hi brandy. Sorry you're here, but welcome to the thread.

I thought that we had avoided this month, just to get a break. Turns out af is a day earlier than I had expected, so we really did ttc anyway. :dohh:

Its december and that means february is right around the corner. Its already making me anxious. I am simultaneously worried about failing and succeeding!

Hi Brandy!

Ready it doesn't count if you didn't know ; )

Here we go again... beta is at 9a and I should have the results by noon.

Attachments

• BFP #5.jpg
    BFP #5.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
HappyAuntie, Such wonderful news right before Christmas! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I am sending a truckload of super sticky baby dust your way. Good luck on the beta!

Ready: it's so weird how TTC can bring out such conflicting emotions. I'm sure a person who has never had to deal with IF would never understand.

Brandy: Welcome! I am a newcomer to this thread too. I hate that it's taken so long, but I was so happy to be able to join these ladies.

AFM: I'm not doing too well at the moment. I just got the good news that no infertile person ever wants to get. My dad called yesterday to let me know that my younger brother and his wife are expecting their second child. It's like deja vu because when we were TTC the first time around, it was not happening for us right away, and then right when I was feeling most desperate, I find out that they were expecting and it was accidental. After I got over the shock, I was able to be happy and excited for them, and then two months before my niece was born I got my own bfp.

But this time around this news is so much harder for me to deal with. Right after I got the news dh asked me if I was sad. I said no, because I thought I was dealing with it, but then I burst out in tears and I'm still sad this morning. I don't know if it's the progesterone I'm taking, but I just feel so sad right now and I can't stop crying at random moments. I'm hoping I'll be more composed before my coworkers start coming in.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea if I tell my dad about my struggles? He doesn't even know we are trying. A part of me wants to tell him so that he will understand what I'm going through. Another part of me feels like I would just be a party pooper and I wouldn't want my brother to feel awkward around me.

Anyway, in other news I'm 6 dpo today. I've been testing out the trigger and 8 days later, the HPT has the faintest of lines. Even seeing the line fade away has been emotional for, so I don't think I'll be testing it out anymore. Even though I am so early on, for some reason I don't think it's going to work out for me.

Cali, it sure is hard. My SIL had a baby last week, I'm thrilled for them but it's hard. They got pregnanty first time TTC #2 unfortunatly it ended up in a miscarriage but then they got pregnant the next cycle after. It's 12 months now for us, I'd love to have a sibling for my DS but it doesn't look hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->