The LTTTC thread for everyone.

Make sure they also check your lining after...Progestrone could thick in it.

I loved it when I did it. So much of my O pain went away. It was nice.

After all that drama, I have been cleared to take Clomid today. They just told them to call if I'm having pain. I've been riding the emotional roller coaster today and I'm about googled out.

Hi Happy FRiday Everyone!

Got bloods back and anovulatory this cycle. TSH 1.8. The nurse recommended pregnitude (which is some they give PCOS women) with myosinsoitol and folic acid (spelling?!) After she shows the DR she will call me next week. I told her I was hoping to do a lap and she said I hope you know that won't happen before the end of the year (i wouldn't want it to) and I said in the mean time I would like to try clomid. so we shall see. AF just started or what ever it is when you don't ovulate it's so weird :) I just don't think this my only problem.

Alison, hope you get the go ahead to do clomid. It still blows my mind that some women get periods and still don't ovulate. Just mindboggling.

I know Cali that is the first thing they ask at gyn do you get reg periods? On the pelvic ultra sound i had at day 17 the tech said it didn't look like any ovu had happened that there were a bunch of follicles (but no lead) i am not sure it that means PCOS or what. I do have some symptoms like alittle hair thinning at crown (but addressing that way topical) and skin probs that are under control now thanks to vitamin B5. So maybe it is pcos but i think endo is a prob too for me.

Did they say what size your follies were?

Do you know when you you normally O?

Ok so yesterday DS was running late to school so we didn't walk but we did walk home. It's only a mile total but it was really nice!

Did they say what size your follies were?

Do you know when you you normally O?

I haven't charted forever but use the opks and thought i surged at day 15 but i guess not. No she didn't say what size follies were but there appeared to be four just hanging out there on each side it wasn't a FS just the ultrasound tech.
I can't wait to talk to the gyn nurse and hear what the dr said about the lap and clomid but now i am on cycle day 3 so if i could start clomid would have to on tuesday.
kup!

I am glad to here you are excersing milty i am sure it helps with blood flow and everything else beneficial. I do excercise too nothing extreme though. I just walked 100 flights on stair machine (rotates actual steps you take) and some bike a few weights for arms. IT helps i can leave my kids fro an hour at gym childcare. So can do it on weekends but you cand o a lot home on your own

I like being active and doing active things ...I just don't like exercising. So practicing basketball with my son is ok but I don't like treadmills if that makes sense.

Alison, that is so interesting about your ultrasound showing no ov. You even had an LH surge but still no ov. It seems like everything on the internet says that if you get a surge and regular periods, then you are definitely oving, but there's no arguing with an ultrasound. I guess this phenomenon is not as rare as people make it out to be. The good thing is that Clomid or other drugs should get you oving and pregnant! I hope you're able to start it this cycle.

I've never had a CD17 ultrasound, but from what I've seen my hormones are definitely out of whack and messing with my eggs.

Milty, good to see you're still doing well with the exercising! I've still been walking too. It's been hard to find time if I don't wake up early, but I'm still hanging in there with you!

AFM: I've been taking Clomid for the past 3 days, and I really haven't had any side effects at all. I'm starting on 100 mg too, and I thought since I was starting out at a moderate dose I would feel the eggs popping out of my ovaries. In fact, I'm feeling much more normal than I usually do. :nope:

I guess I should be thankful because so many women have terrible side effects, but I wish I had some assurance that it is doing something.

Oh, I hate to continue to be Negative Nelly, but I have had an absolute crap day today. I had to take dd to the doctor, and they were running and 1.5 hours behind. Afterward, I was rushing to get her back to school in time for lunch and got a speeding ticket. :nope: I really shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning!: dohh:

Cali,
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know maybe the answer ov stick surge data was screwed up (I don't know i should get digi)..... That is awesome that you are on 100 mg clomid woo hoo! I have taken 50 mg before first pg and wondered why start on such a low dose you know?
So are you going to use mussinex or preseed or something at BD time? Today I am going to Walgreens to pick up my pregnitude so I get to start something and will call my dr tomorrow as it would be the last day cd 5 I could start the clomid. Fingers crossed for you and drink tons of water for that EGWCM every little bit helps (gyn mentioned the water thing for cm to me when i was there).

Oh and sorry about the dr situation. It is so rough when kids get sick and it happens so much. It is nice when supervisors at work have children too so they understand unfortunately my current supervisor does not but i will survive it :) I hate giving money to the police right at xmas really sucks hugs to you girl.

Alison, I think my doc may be wanting to stimulate my ovaries a little more. She wants me to produce an extra egg or tube to make up for a possibly blocked right tube. I'm definitely going to use preseed this time around because I've heard that Clomid really dries you up--although right now it seems to be having the opposite effect on me.

Wow that's great..not so great about the tube but hopefully compensating for it. The preseed is expensive but worth it.

Hi girls - I just did a little search and saw I haven't posted in here since early November! :shock: I took a BnB break for several weeks and am just now creeping back in. I wanted to let you all know that I have a frozen transfer tomorrow morning at 10a. I am anxious, wanting all three embies to survive the thaw - otherwise I'm afraid that after a BFN, I'll be haunted wondering if the one that didn't survive was the lone good embie in the batch....

Dr has added prednisone and heparin this time, at my request. If I'm just making crap embryos they won't make any difference at all... but on the tiniest chance that there's something going on with my body that no one's been able to pinpoint that's sabotaging pregnancies, well then hopefully this would make a difference. We have nothing left to lose at this point, so we figured we might as well try it. We're all calling it the "kitchen sink" approach because we're throwing everything at it but the kitchen sink.... :shrug:

I like the kitchen sink name.

When do they unfreeze them? Will you know if they all made it before? Does the transfer hurt like collection?

I really think taking the extra meds is a good idea. Look at how much they helped Peace.

I'm praying this is it for you Happy!!!

I like the kitchen sink name.

When do they unfreeze them? Will you know if they all made it before? Does the transfer hurt like collection?

I really think taking the extra meds is a good idea. Look at how much they helped Peace.

I'm praying this is it for you Happy!!!

Thank you so much... my anxiety has been rising all evening....

They thaw them the morning of transfer, so we may not find out how many survived until we get there. I got a call from the lab this afternoon asking what time I was leaving the house... I have to leave around 8:15 to get to my pre-transfer acupuncture appt on time, so the biologist said they'd come in early and start thawing them right away so that hopefully they'll know how many we have before I leave the house, but she couldn't guarantee. Ordinarily transfers are done after lunch so there's more time for that, but the clinic closes early on Fridays so the process is a little time-compressed. On our last FET we got the call about how many survived just moments before my acupuncture appt.

Transfer doesn't hurt at all, really. It's easier than a pap smear. The worst part is when they insert the speculum - they can't use any lube because the whole vaginal area has to be as natural as possible to protect the embryos, so the speculum is not pleasant. And the bladder has to be partially full so the ultrasound (abdominal) has a better view of the uterus so the dr can see the catheter, so holding your pee is never pleasant either. But there's literally no comparison to the pain of retrieval. They have me take a valium about 30 min prior to transfer in order to prevent uterine contractions, and I have orders to "rest at home" for the day of transfer and the following day, but it doesn't even have to be bed rest. I'll sit around and snuggle our kitty and watch some movies for the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->