• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread** PAL Babies born late Feb 2011

Sophist

Reaction score
Now that our babies are here, continuing the thread out of the PAL forum.

Thanks Sophia! How is the thrush?

I am so tired it is ridiculous and juliette won't sleep at all tonight :-(

Thrush is the DEVIL.

The meds the doctor gave us didn't work. Now we are doing grapefruit seed extract and its working for her mouth--almost cleared up. But my breasts are another story, and I know I have to get them cleared up or we will just pass it back and forth ad infinitum.

The exhaustion...I feel ya. I do ok during the day, but at night I think "we are in for another long one..."

I had newborn pictures taken of Aislinn...a friend of mine is building her portfolio and did them for free. I can't wait to get the CD of the pictures!!

hi every1.

lexi is a brilliant baby, although im struggling with the night feeds. i literally cannot get my head off the pillow.

R u guys bathing ur babies yet, or just a quick wash?

PICS PLZ

I gave A a bath today in the sink. I don't have a baby bathtub, so she usually just hops in the tub with me, but today I didn't have time. She loved it though.

Hi all,

I hear you with the tiredness..omg! I have had a nightmare time having to breastfeed Jude every two hours...he finally made it back to his birthweight on day 16 but omg the pressure the midwife puts you under is hell! Surely they are aware that pretty much every bf baby goes through this?? Anyway, because I was waking him up every two hours, he is now waking himself for a feed even less than that!!! Some nights are good and some are bad...Friday night he was up from 12 till 5.30...handed him over to poor dad at 3am as I had completely had it!!!
I have only bathed him twice but am planning another tonight...it's so much easier just to wash him lol!!
I wasn't prepared for the fact that I can achieve pretty much nothing else apart from feeding, changing and waking him up for the next round...so used to 100 things at once..guess these days are over for a while!

Hope you are all good...gonna try to post a piccie or two xx

Attachments

• Photo0261.jpg
    Photo0261.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
  • FH000018.jpg
    FH000018.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh he's just perfect!! I just want to snuggle him through the computer screen.

I need to take Aislinn in for a weigh. I hate the pressure too. I was feeling discouraged today because a friend whose baby was born the same day as A, he was born 3 weeks early with severe jaundice and had to stay in hospital and lots of complications....but he's back to his birth weight as of Friday. I'm sure Aislinn is not back to birth weight yet, but I'm hoping she will be by 3 weeks. We are supplementing about 4 oz formula a day, but she still looks so skinny to me. DH is telling me I'm putting too much pressure on myself, and since this is my 3rd baby with really low supply, not to mention the thrush and the constant breast pain as a result that I shouldn't beat myself up if I want to switch to FF. It really depends on the hour of the day, sometimes I agree, and others I'm thinking its going well and I should stick to BF. I'm hoping to hear from my MW tomorrow for better antifungals--if I could get the thrush under control I think I'd be more optimistic that I could actually do this.

I'm glad I'm not the only person getting NOTHING done besides feeding & holding the baby. Dh heads back to work this week, and since he travels, I begged my mom to come stay with us. Otherwise I have no idea how I'd get my kids to school & sports this week, let alone getting meals on the table.

Sophia, hang in there....I put so much pressure on myself too...was stressing about it so much (still am if i am honest!!). Your little one will be absolutely fine and one thing i keep forgetting is that they have been born less than 3 weeks!!! I hope you get somde better meds for the thrush...if you could get rid of that you will be able to just consentrate on the feeding. OMG noone told me it was so stressful, lol! These things just bloody spoil it...not for long though. Hope your mum is doing a grand job..wish mine was like that....she just comes to e waited on...have dropped less than subtle hints but to no avail!!! XX
Hope today is a good one xx

I got some Diflucan today! *happy dance*

Hoping it kicks in fast! My midwife sent me an email of encouragement too, since this has been a crazy ordeal. I do seem to have more milk today too, so hoping I will be able to get some weight gain on this baby!!

I hope its a good idea to have my mom out.

She was supposed to get here today at 3. Called to say she's watching my brother's kids until 4, and then going to see his new house, and then...wanted to know what we are doing for dinner, that maybe she'd bring my brother & his family out with her to eat here! I said DS has football practice at six, so I will have to feed mt kids before that...so she said she and my brother will just go out to eat! What the...? The point was she was going to be here to help me get everyone run to their activities and get the food on since I'm constantly nursing the baby!

On that note, I have to run and make some peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, find the kids at their friends houses, feed them, feed the baby and get everyone out the door in the next 70 minutes. Better get off the computer!

Oh Sophia sounds like you are having a hard time, it is a struggle getting everything done when you have other children too. Hope the new meds work for the thrush. There is no shame in going formula fed but make sure you are happy with the decision. With your mum there hopefully you will get some more rest and that will be good for your milk supply.

Karen the pics are simply lush he is gorgeous! I will have to get round to uploading some of juliette!

Afm I have a very very sore right boob :-( there isn't really a lump in it but I hope it's not mastitis. It's really throbbing. I really could do without getting mastitis.

Sounds like maybe a plugged milk duct? Try nursing first on that side every time, and put the baby in a different position than usual so he's putting pressure on different ducts. Then very gently massage the spot while he nurses if you can, if that hurts too much, put a hot wet cloth on the spot while you feed.

oh ladies, im so glad i dont breatfeed. You all sound shattered!
(that said, i may be my turn to be shattered now as OH is away tomorrow for 2weeks - so i will be home alone)

Doc wouldnt sign me off to drive as a had a c sec - so i am still more or less housebound for a further week. This might give me a good chance to get into a routine..

lexi has a wee sore eye, which is apparently her tear duct. i have been advised to rub breastmilk across the eye - which is proving difficult as i dont have any milk in them!

Areyou ladies still bleeding? i though my blood has stopped, but it came back. it was only away for 1 day so i dont think this was my period coming now though.

I took Aislinn in for a weight check today, and she's only gained ONE ounce in 8 days. She isn't near being back up to birth weight, and she should have gained 4-8 oz in the last week if she were getting enough to eat.

I feel like breastfeeding has run its course for us. This is my third baby, and third time I've been unable to produce enough milk. I feel terrible thinking she's hungry.

We are going to start giving bottles after each feed, I know my supply will decrease, but I can't take the stress and I don't think its fair to her to not have enough to eat. I figure my milk will dry up within a week or two of doing this.

oh ladies, im so glad i dont breatfeed. You all sound shattered!
(that said, i may be my turn to be shattered now as OH is away tomorrow for 2weeks - so i will be home alone)

Doc wouldnt sign me off to drive as a had a c sec - so i am still more or less housebound for a further week. This might give me a good chance to get into a routine..

lexi has a wee sore eye, which is apparently her tear duct. i have been advised to rub breastmilk across the eye - which is proving difficult as i dont have any milk in them!

Areyou ladies still bleeding? i though my blood has stopped, but it came back. it was only away for 1 day so i dont think this was my period coming now though.

Wow, 2 weeks!! My Dh travels 2-3 days a week and that is hard. Good luck, but I'm sure you will do great!

Aislinn had a blocked duct too. I just kept wiping it clean as needed and it cleared on its own in a few days. I have heard the breast milk thing too, but didn't dare for fear she would get yeast in her eye from the thrush (not sure if that can happen, but didn't want to risk it.)

I had stopped bleeding but started up again today. My pregnancy book says its normal to bleed a little more around 3 weeks postpartum and then taper off again.

Sophia sounds like you are doing the best thing, breast isn't always best and you gave it your best shot. I'm sure a will put the weight back on now in no time!

Kathleen good luck with 2 weeks on your own, I think I would cry at the thought! You seem to be getting right into the swing of things! Just cooled boiled water for the eye should work.

I stopped bleeding and then had a massive bleed last week, typical I was out with no pad on! That was a quic run home!! Apparantly that is normal but may have been down to me doing too much? Anyway it has slowed now but not stopped completely.

X

glad the bleeding thing is common then.

lexi was 7lbs 8oz when born. She dropped to 7lbs when we left hosp.
She is now 8lbs 3oz, so they eef put weight on much quicker on FF.

dont beat yourself up about having to start bottlefeeding. You gave it a damn good try at Bfing, so your wee one will have got all the "goodstuff" from the first few weeks...

Aw, thanks girls! I'm on a natural parenting site and the ladies there are giving me grief, like I should keep trying, try this, try that. I'm exhausted and I have 2 other kids to care for too. Plus how can it be "best" for my baby to be hungry and not growing? Anyway its nice that you girls are supportive and not judging me, it hasn't been an easy choice because emotionally I really want to be able to BF her.

I am so grateful we have options for feeding now. My grandma couldn't bf and she had to make her own formula with evaporated milk & corn syrup!

Sophia, if i had 2 other kids I would have given up on day two!! It is complete torture even with no other kids to think about...don't give it a second thought. I am actually questioning my own sanity, carrying on with this!

My bleeding has pretty much the same pattern...almost stopped then back today. Wish it would go away...one less thing to deal with!

I hope your little ones' ducts are clearing...Jude has a little rash, which I am sure was caused by a strong fragrance on a blanket I was given...seems to be clearing though.

Good luck with being on your own Kathleen - it must be a bit daunting. My hubbie went back to work last Thursday and is pretty much of the attitude that he needs to rest and sleep during the week...Jude however has other ideas, ha ha! Last night was torture as I didn't get any naps yesterday as I had my mum visiting - not the kind of mum who helps - the kind who you have to make dinner for etc - so I was exhausted.

Went to hosp today and blood pressure has improved so they have stopped the meds and I have to get one final check next week.

It can only get easier I think!! Keep smiling:flower: xx

well Sophia i totally agree with everything Karen says above. I know from friends that Bfing can be torture - so why give yourself the added stress? Surely this cant be good for you or baby?
FFing has proven to be just as good as Bfing - so if you need to change so be it. doesnt make you any less of a good mum!

well Day1 of Oh being away, and it has went quite good so far. think us women can actually get on a lot better when there are no men about.

Q - lexi's cord stump is still on her belly button. Are your babies??
I thought it dropped off about 10days, but hers is still firmly stuck... should i be worried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->