• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread** PAL Babies born late Feb 2011

5:00 feed and go back to sleep
7:15 feed
8:30 DS to school
9:15 feed
11:45 feed
12:30 DD to school
2:00 feed
3:30 pick up kids from school
4:30 feed
6:00 feed (at DS football practice)
8:30 feed
10:00 feed and bed

She takes 1-3 oz at a feeding. No nap routine, but she sleeps most of the day off and on.

Sophia she is adorable, love the pics and your older children look delighted!

Our 'routine' is usually:

8.00 feed
8.30 dd to school
10.30 wake and feed
11.15 dd from school
12.30 feed
2.00 feed
5.00 half feed
5.45 bath
6.00 rest of feed
7.00 feed
8.00 feed
9.30 express bottle and me bed!
10/10.30 dh feeds bottle, settles Bout 11/12
2-3 feed
5-6 feed

Looks like she feeds loads now looking at that! Fell asleep this am in bed with her on the boob :-/ sooo Fred even though am getting quite good sleep really. Mayb it is still recovery from surgery and bf taking it out of me?

I think that looks pretty good for a BF baby! Nice that your Dh gives her a bottle so you can sleep!!

I feel pretty good until about 6 pm and then I'm just shattered. I do think its a lot for our bodies to recover from pregnancy & everything else, and then be BFing on top of it! I'm starting to feel much more sane since we've cut back on BF, I think it takes a lot of energy.

Have you girls started thinking about working out? I think this week I'm going to start doing some walking, nothing too intense b/c I'm still spotting sometimes.

I gained 40 lbs with my pregnancy, and I've lost 35 so far without trying. After that I have another 15 that I gained after my miscarriage I'd like to lose.

Sophia she is adorable, love the pics and your older children look delighted!

THank you! Yesterday they told me I "hog" the baby, and they don't get to hold her enough. :haha: I said too bad, I was pg for 9 months, I'm going to enjoy her! But it is nice to have someone to hand the baby off to in the afternoons and run a load of wash or something.

does your babies sleep more or less all the time still?
Lexi wakes for a feed. and usually falls straight back to sleep. if shes in her pram she can sleep for hours on end.

Id say she is literally only awake for about 2 full hours in total a day if all the wake times were added together.

Im going to go swimming soon, but im also still spotting. once this is away i will be there.
As for the gym. yes i am dying to get back to it, but prob will wait another 3 odd weeks.. and start gently.

Ah, the fussies have started! Ace is fussy at least 50% of the time she's awake. I think she's probably awake for 4-5 hours of the day if it were all rolled together when she's not eating.

Re: swimming...my MW said its now OK to wear a tampon for short amounts of time post partum.

I'm still spotting too, maybe every other day or so, not all the time. Hoping it stops soon. Dh did move the air hockey table to the basement, so I can open up my treadmill. If I ever have time to get on it! It seems like if the baby is sleeping, I'm working hard to get things done around the house.

How is everyone doing?

well i really have got myself a mini sumo. She is now up to 9lbs 6oz and my health visitor said i should start her on heavier milk, as her rapid weight gain shows she is a hungry baby.

Im HOPING that by moving to thicker milk, she will sleep longer at night.... the twice a night feeds are killing me.... hurry home OH on Thur. I have a baby to handover to you!

maybe on Sunday ( mothers day) we will all get a much needed LONG LIE!!

Juliette sleeps a lot! I think she is just a sleepy baby who needs ton to be fair she has woken up a lot more lately so maybe is starting to grow out of it so that we can get into a pattern.

I'm 6 weeks pp now so can start swimming so will try to go one night this week. I have 1st 7 to lose so have to start doing something an dieting is a no no while breastfeeding!

Kathleen you have done really well on your own! I hear you on the twice at night feeds. I tried to put juliette on a bottle of formula for her last feed to try to get her to sleep longer but she really hates it so have had to go back to ebm. I don't think it was helping her sleep much anyway :-(

Kathleen you are a rock star for doing it on your own for so long!! I hope you get a nice long nap when he gets back!

nap? i wanna sleep for a week.

Its not been THAT bad - but i wont tell OH that! Through the night is hard but you cope.
That said it will be bliss to be able to nudge Brian and say " your turn"..

lexi has little red spots all over her face. Its wee milk spots, which have gotten slightlt inflammed. it looks horrid. Anyone elses littles ones have this?

My Health Visitor has given me Aqueous Cream, but this doesnt seem to be doing anything.

typical - just when you are getting visitors and showing your new addition off - she has "baby acne".. boooooooooooo

Sleep for a week...that sounds good!

If the milk spots are bad the doc might give antibiotics or antibiotic cream? Or maybe try sudocreme at night or when no one's around! X

nap? i wanna sleep for a week.

Its not been THAT bad - but i wont tell OH that! Through the night is hard but you cope.
That said it will be bliss to be able to nudge Brian and say " your turn"..

lexi has little red spots all over her face. Its wee milk spots, which have gotten slightlt inflammed. it looks horrid. Anyone elses littles ones have this?

My Health Visitor has given me Aqueous Cream, but this doesnt seem to be doing anything.

typical - just when you are getting visitors and showing your new addition off - she has "baby acne".. boooooooooooo

Aislinn has just a little on her eyebrows. I'm hoping they don't get worse, tomorrow is a big Welome Baby party.

We have finally got our renovation done!!!

How is everyone doing?

It looks like Aislinn has reflux so we are trying to work with feeding schedules and such because I don't want her to take meds unless she really needs it. Poor baby, she always has the hiccups and the spitting up is sometimes really a lot at once.

She's finally settling into a nap routine, and sleeping even if I'm not holding her! I feel like I'm finally able to start getting things done around the house like before.

Hope all is well with you girls and your LOs.

is reflux the problem with acid in the stomach? If so, my friends wee one had this as a baby. he had to get baby gaviscon, but it worked a treat!
Such a wee shame for them..

is reflux the problem with acid in the stomach? If so, my friends wee one had this as a baby. he had to get baby gaviscon, but it worked a treat!
Such a wee shame for them..

Yep! My older son had it too, but the doctor wouldn't treat it because he was gaining weight fine. I got so tired of being thrown up on all the time. A's isn't as bad as his, but I feel bad for her because its obviously uncomfortable to painful. I will ask her doc at her next check up.

Aw bless her poor thing! Hope it resolves itself or the docs can do something.

Anyone got into a routine yet? Juliette won't let me put her down, my mum had her for 30 mins yesterday so I could have a bath and she screamed the whole time :-(
I'm having to put her in the sling just to get things done, everytime I put her in her Moses basket she cries :-(

Well i have made a point from day 1 not to hold lexi too long, simply for the reason of them getting to attached.

Nothing seems to entertain her for more than 2 mins, so she does start to cry if left alone.. Hard eh?

Lexi has started missing out her 10.30pm feed and has lasted to about 2am (from about 6pm) but she needs a bottle at 2am then a further bottle at 5.30am....
I tried dreamfeeding at 11pm lastnight but she still woke at 2am and 5.30am.......

She is now 10lbs 3oz, so i thought she should have started to lo much longer in the night. Think she is waking out of habit now, but she is looking for milk!

Any advice?

Aw bless her poor thing! Hope it resolves itself or the docs can do something.

Anyone got into a routine yet? Juliette won't let me put her down, my mum had her for 30 mins yesterday so I could have a bath and she screamed the whole time :-(
I'm having to put her in the sling just to get things done, everytime I put her in her Moses basket she cries :-(

Aw, she loves her mommy! I was feeling the same way about Aislinn, and then a friend commented, "I love those few early weeks when the baby just wants to snuggle all the time!" She has a toddler that's running everywhere and doesn't want to sit or be held anymore. I felt a little more patient after that and I'm going to just enjoy and let things go if I can.

The sling is a lifesaver for me to get anything done, although she is finally starting to take a couple short naps during the day laying in her bed instead of being rocked & snuggled. Showers are the hardest to grab--I get about halfway through before she wakes up and starts crying.

Nothing seems to entertain her for more than 2 mins, so she does start to cry if left alone.. Hard eh?

Lexi has started missing out her 10.30pm feed and has lasted to about 2am (from about 6pm) but she needs a bottle at 2am then a further bottle at 5.30am....
I tried dreamfeeding at 11pm lastnight but she still woke at 2am and 5.30am.......

She is now 10lbs 3oz, so i thought she should have started to lo much longer in the night. Think she is waking out of habit now, but she is looking for milk!

Any advice?

Aislinn still won't dream feed at all. She either won't suck on the bottle, or she chokes.

She goes to bed between 10:30 and 11 and finishes her last feed about 9:30 pm. She wakes to eat around 3:30 and then sleeps until 5:30 when she wants to be up for the day. So it sounds like she's on a similar night routine... I think she's about 11lbs now but I will find out for sure on Friday.

my neice slept from 6.30pm (last feed) until 7am from ....8 weeks!!

it can be done!

I may have spoken too soon as J was much bette yesterday and napped in her basket for 2 hours! I put my pj top in there so it smelled like me and it must have worked! I know these days are precious, I must remember that, the house isn't exactly filthy so I should calm down!

I'm seriously jealous of your lo's sleep! j won't settle in the evening so we have her downstairs sleeping on us until 10ish when she has her bottle of expressed milk. But then she is really awake and often upset, not sure whether it is because she hates the bottle or if it is because she is left with daddy not me? Daddy is working away tonight so will try just feeding her myself and see if she is better. I do want her to get used to a bottle though-I'd rather not breastfeed her until she is 1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->