~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

ZoMo -- I never failed the gestational diabetes test (short one), but I understand being scared. There is some diabetes in my family and I know that pregnancy puts a lot of strain on our bodies. I hope your test comes out normal! Good news on baby movement! :thumbup:

Dimples -- Sorry your husband didn't call. How frustrating! I hope he makes it up to you.

I don't have any more news. Feeling sick since Sunday, I haven't thrown up yet, but it feels like it's building to that point. I go for my first ultrasound on the 1st, so I'm here, twiddling my fingers, trying not to get too anxious between now and then. I'll definitely keep you all updated!

Hi ladies,
Heather, Liam is just adorable! Beautiful pic. Shall head to your journal to see if there are more.

Dimples, happy (late) birthday! Sorry you spent it without dh but hope you enjoyed it a little?

Tweak-sorry about the old hag showing up. Hope you get some answers if you go to the dr.

LB, hope sickness doesn't amount to much. I was hardly sick in 1st tri, just nauseous a lot!
Good luck ttc ladies!
Afm-getting bigger and now comes the joy of heartburn and all that! I can only eat tiny portions already as think a foot is up in my ribs! Sitting, standing or lying all seem as bad as the other-this is not a complaint as I love being pregnant!
Off to see my beautiful niece tmrw!xx

Oh that picture of baby Liam is sooooo adorable. As I wont have any more scans I was secretly thinking about a private 3D scan to see what she looks like but we dont really have the money. Its great to look at little Liam and see that they actually do look like little babies and not aliens any more!!! Will just have to wait to meet mine to see her again!

Mrs J, congrats on team pink!!

Tweak - sorry the old cowbag got you this month, fingers crossed for next month xx

Dimples - happy birthday!! Sucks your man is abroad but I am sure that you will have a nice girlie birthday with your friends :)

Am feeling baby wriggling a lot more these days, usually only when I am trying to sleep! Getting worried about gestational diabetes, my brother is diabetic and I am finding that I am tired, drinking and peeing more. Problem being my first tri aversion to sweet foods has now gone full circle and now I crave them which isnt helping. Have got my diabetes test coming up but not til the end of November. Will mention it to my midwife next week. Has anyone on here had gestational diabetes before?

Zomo - i had diagnosed GD with my last pregnancy. I can answer all your questions I read up about it extensively and asked a lot of questions. I also have a strong family history of diabetes on my mums side of the family so you are at a high risk.

Mine was controlled by diet. I had to monitor my blood sugar levels 1 hr before meals an 1hr after meals on alternate weeks record it in a diary and this was scrutinised by the diabetes people.

It does have implications in your pregnancy. You will be given fortnightly growth scans and you will be seen in hospital by a specialized diabetic consultant team. Also you may be given insulin if you cannot control blood sugars through diet.

You will probably be induced at 38 weeks. You will be closely monitored through labour and your baby will have to have its blood sugars checked every couple of hours after birth with your blood sugar monitor take it with you (although they prick the babys heel which can be distressing) if the baby cannot control its blood sugar on its own (which should not be the case if you can control yours through diet) then it may need some special care.

You are also at risk of pre term labour (i had henry at 36+2).

I suggest you cut out all the sweet stuff immediately see your gp and ask for a fasting blood sugar test or for an early referral for a gtt which is normally done at 28 weeks. It really is important that you eat well in pregnancy and you will get the advice of a dietician to help you. It is a learning process and you will learn which foods give you high levels for me it was crumpets. It was hard going without my sweet treats but it would uave been harder to see my baby in special care knowing i could have prevented it.

MrsHJO - Little Liam is gorgeous!! :thumbup:

Happy belated birthday Dimples!!

Moonbeam - We are at a similar point and also im trying to ignore all possible symptoms!! Started spotting today though already!! :nope:

‎Im 7DPO or 9dpo and im already getting 'tinged' CM! Its getting earlier every cycle! :nope: does anyone else spot for a few days before AF or does anyone know what could be causing it? Been to my docs and family planning a few times about it and no answers!! Im really upset about both another failed cycle and the spotting getting worse and earlier each time! :cry:

Zomo - i had diagnosed GD with my last pregnancy. I can answer all your questions I read up about it extensively and asked a lot of questions. I also have a strong family history of diabetes on my mums side of the family so you are at a high risk.

Mine was controlled by diet. I had to monitor my blood sugar levels 1 hr before meals an 1hr after meals on alternate weeks record it in a diary and this was scrutinised by the diabetes people.

It does have implications in your pregnancy. You will be given fortnightly growth scans and you will be seen in hospital by a specialized diabetic consultant team. Also you may be given insulin if you cannot control blood sugars through diet.

You will probably be induced at 38 weeks. You will be closely monitored through labour and your baby will have to have its blood sugars checked every couple of hours after birth with your blood sugar monitor take it with you (although they prick the babys heel which can be distressing) if the baby cannot control its blood sugar on its own (which should not be the case if you can control yours through diet) then it may need some special care.

You are also at risk of pre term labour (i had henry at 36+2).

I suggest you cut out all the sweet stuff immediately see your gp and ask for a fasting blood sugar test or for an early referral for a gtt which is normally done at 28 weeks. It really is important that you eat well in pregnancy and you will get the advice of a dietician to help you. It is a learning process and you will learn which foods give you high levels for me it was crumpets. It was hard going without my sweet treats but it would uave been harder to see my baby in special care knowing i could have prevented it.

Steph, thank you so much for the information, I feel a bit better about it with a bit of advice of what to expect if the test comes back positive, hopefully they may be able to bring forward or interim test me before the end of next month. I was tested for diabetes a couple of years back which was negative but they said that I may have a tendency towards it. My brother was diagnosed at age 2 and is insulin dependent. I will speak to the midwife next week and see what they say.

MrsHJO - Little Liam is gorgeous!! :thumbup:

Happy belated birthday Dimples!!

Moonbeam - We are at a similar point and also im trying to ignore all possible symptoms!! Started spotting today though already!! :nope:

‎Im 7DPO or 9dpo and im already getting 'tinged' CM! Its getting earlier every cycle! :nope: does anyone else spot for a few days before AF or does anyone know what could be causing it? Been to my docs and family planning a few times about it and no answers!! Im really upset about both another failed cycle and the spotting getting worse and earlier each time! :cry:

well as we all know we aint out till the hagbag sings & spotting 'could' be implantation as i spotted around 11dpo with my last 2 pregnancies......come on rachel - keep the faith,you never know :flower: xx

im just plodding through the 2ww & up to now have nothin of significance to shout about other than a bit of a sore throat ....BLAH!!!!! xx

Steph~what great information!!

Rachel~On occasion I would spot 1-2 days before AF showed...but like Moonbeam said, could be implantation. I had a spike in temps. at 10dpo. So...ya never know!!!

LittleBird~ I can hardly stand waiting myself for you to have your scan. Haha! I'm so excited to see if you just have really high HCG levels, or you have a few little bubs cooking in there!

My OH did end up calling last night! He called at 3am his time, after he had fallen asleep. He knew he needed to call, as he knew I would be mad at him. He was right, good decision on his part! :)

I'm a bit bummed today. On monday I have an appt. as I said before, and they called me today and said I needed to come "15 minutes later for my ultrasound." So, I am in fact having an ultrasound monday, with no hubby present. So I won't be finding out the sex of the baby yet ladies, if at all!

hi Rach - i had this last month too, spotting from 9dpo and was thinking yay, but it was AF but strangely, actual AF was so light, barely filling 1 tampon a day... WTF is going on with our bodies.
fingers crossed it is IB
hi to all the other girls - sorry not replying to individual posts, dont seem to have time to do anything today, working all the hours and trying not to log on too often as it gets depressing
xxx

Well I ended up down the hospital again today. Was in work when I noticed some spotting, had a mild panic and went to hospital. Had a very nice lady doctor clamp my bits open, stick a spotlight up there, chuck a few swabs around and then took the speculum out and had a good feel up there herself. And the result....she couldnt find anything going on! Which I guess is a good thing! Pregnancy is so glamorous. OH fancied the doctor so made him sit behind the curtain!

Zomo, thank God you are okay!!! Still spotting??

Zomo, hope all is better now, glad you got the all ok at hosp. Xxx

Zomo... sorry u had spotting hope it is better now. Darn doc and clamping bits.... life is grand.. :)

Dimples happy bday.. belated now sorry.

Tweak sorry about the darn with catching u again...:(

I am soo cranky... my husband is a hunter.. he has been gone all week... I hate it. I am in a cranky mood so I don't want to muck up this nice board.. :)
Nite all...

Zomo~ Hope you are feeling better!
MEME~ My husbands a hunter too, except this week and next he's in germany and russia. Normally, we are at his parents' house on the wknds so he can hunt. I have a year to prepare for it every year, so I'm kind of over it now. His parents treat us well, so I can't complain too much. He loves it, and is like a little kid this time of year! Sometimes, I'll go with him and sit in the blind. A few years ago, I shot a doe and gutted it out myself. He was so proud. :) I try and join, or make the best of it, so I'm not crabby all the time. Good luck with that. :)

Hope everyone else is doing well! I had a few friends take me out for my birthday tonight. I may have planned my bday dinner, but they paid which was so nice! I was not expecting that! My little guy was so naughty today, but at dinner he was great, so that made me happy as well!

Night everyone!

Dimples, I'm glad you had a great evening! That was sweet of them to treat you!

:hi: everyone
well its 10 dpo & light spotting (ive had this with my past 2 pregnancies)....it would be cd26 tomorrow so AF COULD be imminent as its not unheard of me having a 26day cycle....we shall see!!!

Good luck, moonbeam! I hope the spotting is implantation. Fingers crossed for you!

thanks all for the well wishes, not had any more spotting, am really hoping it was a one off.

Had a nice morning with OH today, got a whole weekend off together which is unheard of, first couple of days off together for about 8 weeks. Went and fed some ducks and had a nice walk, now making apple and berry crumble before I drag him onto the sofa for snuggles under a duvet with a film, bliss!

Good luck Moonbeam, fingers crossed AF stays well away xx

im keeping everything crossed...it ties in date wise with both my previous IB & i have a dreadful sore throat which ive also had both times??...BUT we all know what a damn trickster that witch is (and the nursery where i work is like a dr's surgery at the mo so im probably just gettin a cold) so im not getting ahead of myself just yet....xx

Goodluck Beverly!!! FX for you!

ZoMo~ Sorry to hear about the spotting scare!! Glad everythiing is okay!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! I went shopping yesterday and got some girlie things. Nothing too crazy though, probably wait until after the shower:thumbup:

Attachments

• girl clothes 1.jpg
    girl clothes 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Girl clothes 2.jpg
    Girl clothes 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads