~~The May 2011 Roller Uppers~~

I have noticed today i am being over run by stretchmarks *cry*
I'm moisturising twice a day, anything else I can do???

Not really woody some of just have that crappy skin that doesn't like stretching i have them all over tummy but they have faded a lot now and they aren't as noticable as they were. Bio oil does help to heal them quicker though.

On the bright side i got them with first pregnancy but subsequent ones i didn't get any more and they didn't get any worse.

Thanks steph,
I had an idea I wouldnt be saved from them as my sister got loads and loads
I just wasn't ready for them so soon, there so ugly!

The way i looked at it was when i was holding my newborn baby daughter i was so proud of myself and my body for making something so perfect and beautiful so much i could forgive it a thing or two. In the grand scheme of things its not such a big deal 95% of women and a lot of men also have stretch marks and you have them for the best reason.

Mrs j Congrats for girlie world.

Cornish I had my second o natural... not by choice though... no awards here... epi man came too late baby came. I would have liked to at least had morphine. Or something...

I have never made a birth plan... never thought of it... we do not have midwives here incanada.. or home births..

My plan is to just get through it..... breathe and take it as it comes. I also never planned for people to be there at the time except my husband.... never wanted an audience e... second baby I would have liked my mom but baby came at. 2:44 am... that did not work.... but it was OK too...
To be honest this time around I would even be OK without hubby there.... I want him there but if something g happened and he was stuck with our older kids I would deal with that too....nothing seems to go as planned when baby day comes so I plan to just go with the flow... that way it will work out perfectly right?

First time moms be careful who u plan to have with u in delivery... when the time comes it may not be comfortable and it would be harder to ask a person to leave than invite them in last minute.
I have had friend in this situation which has caused major family problems over asking a person to leave.... this is why I never planned anyone but my hubby.... just fyi to u all.

Ooo steph, they still sound long, I understand the pain relief. I was super lucky and ds1 labour was only 3 hours of actual pain, the few hours before wasn't too bad, knowing my luck I'll get a good 24 hr labour this time!
Meme, does everyone have an epudural? They seem easier to have than in uk.
Amy, sorry to hear of sm, I agree with steph, nothing you can do, it's all down to genetics. Bio oil and stuff like that can reduce the redness after birth.

We go away for a little break today but my brothers oh was induced last night-still no news and I'm mega nervous! Lots of issues and dangers so I'm hoping baby and mum are ok.
Xxx

Thinking of your sister il hope eerything turns out ok and you are having lots of cuddles very soon. You were lucky with a 3hr birth but i bet without the hormones it will take longer next time but the pushing stage should be a lot easier!

Thanks steph.
Ive already opted for a 1 hr labour this time round, if it's in my birth plan then surely itll happen-haha!xx

You can surely dream :) its all in the hands of mother nature and i would recommend raspberry leaf tea from 34 weeks too x

I am re thinking I am going with Cornish plan to have 1with hour labour... my husband says we are taking drive thru labour next time.... I hope he is right.

Cornish I think it may be easier to have epidural here however no not eblveryone gets one here.... inducements during day shift usually get it but middle of the nights really need to beg and wait to get one if it is busy ....:)

Thanks, ladies! We are very excited! I've included some pics of our baby girl. She was actually shaking her finger at us and pointing!

Loving all the birthing stories! It's so amazing to be able to hear everyone's different version! I'd love to have a natural birth but nothing ever goes according to plan!

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Girl.jpg
    Girl.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Pointing.jpg
    Pointing.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
I love those pics mrs j i heard an us tech once describing female bits as looking like a hamburger and i could definitely see that one lol!

For mom's of girls, I read in my parents magazine that sometimes baby girls have a "period" after being born?? A little gush of blood down there while her body gets used to not having the extra hormones...

Has this happened to any of your babies?

Layne, not heard of that but my friends girl was pronounced a boy by docs as her lady bits were so swollen from mums hormones. Took a couple of days to go down.x

Yes my little girl had a spot of blood for a couple of days after she was born don't get freaked out its totally normal and nothing has happened since!

I have 2 girls never seen the blood thing before. I do recall hearing.g about that before though.

Mrsj... awesome pics... so happy for team pink for u. ... I love everything about my girls.... well except for the whining ...lol... I hope for my husbands sake this one will be a boy but secretly will be just as happy for a girl again.... it would be nice to have a boy for myself too just so I can experience being a mom of a boy too..... whatever comes will be great. This is it for us though.. 3 is our number.
have u bought anything g girlie yet? Do post pics...:)

Oh lord! I thought the *period* talk could wait at least 12 years! :haha: I've never heard of that, either.

Mememe~ I haven't been to the store yet to buy anything girlie. I'm actually not much of a girlie girl myself (I was a tomboy), so its hard for me to buy all that frilly stuff, but I'm going to try and get a little bit of pink in her wardrobe:winkwink: The nursery will be neutral though: sage and browns. I'll post a pic when I buy my first girlie outfit:thumbup:

Steph~ She DEFINETLY has a hamburger! :haha:

Janell~ When is your gender scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"