!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

So I'm getting really discouraged about the weight loss. I weighed myself again this morning and it is still sitting at the exact same spot. :( I really need to go pick up a digital scale so I can see it more accurately but it's definitely sticking at the same spot so far. It just makes me feel worse and want to sit and eat. I want to at least lose a pound a week but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I don't eat breakfast normally so I'm trying that out. I had a small packet of oatmeal this morning. And I'm trying to drink a ton of water today too.

Okay. I felt bad this morning but I just hopped on the recumbent bike and told Emma to go play in her room. So while she destroyed her room, I rode for 40 whole minutes!!!!! :dance::dance: I took one break at 20 minutes to get a drink of water and to open the door because Emma shut herself in her room and couldn't open it back up. :rofl: But it was only like a 5 minute break. And I went 10 miles on it!! Tonight I'm going to go for another 30 minute walk. :thumbup:

And I feel quite good right now! Sweaty but good. I had to hop on here and share. :haha:

You will start seeing the weight loss soon. I think for myself it was the hardest the first fourr days. I hadn't even told anyone "I'm dieting" because, I knew if I wanted to give up it was easier if I only knew...

But, slowly it came down... even if you look @ my weight chart you can see I started gaining weight on the curve... which mad me want to just quit!

So, if you think it would help you to have a digital scale go on and get one :mrgreen: I love mine!!! :dance:

and fab job on the exercise! you're going to inspire me maybe? :hugs:

I always just go with "If I'm hungry, I eat." Of course, this has taken some getting used to , to figure out whether I'm hungry, or just bored. However, those snacks are super healthy, instead of the junk I used to eat. I don't count calories, so to tell me I need a specific number of calories is useless to me, iykwim.

I can't do the no counting calories. I wish I could. Like for example right now I am starving! I am at my limit.... so :shrug:

I noticed our BMI is almost exactly the same! 28 !!!! :thumbup: bet you're taller...
I'm 5'6".
I'm always starving. :haha: That's how I got fat in the first place. :rofl:

I know right! I was eating an apple like 1/2 hour ago b/c that is all I have in the house that is "safe" and would keep me semi full...

Just seems after I nurse I could eat like a steak dinner or something :munch:

An apple won't keep you full. You need a protein to keep you full. Try putting a bit of peanut butter on that apple and that should do the trick.

No apples won't keep you full.. but PB is super dangerous! for me :ninja:

I bought some granny smiths that were super sour... VERY! kind of reminded me of a jolly rancher... was nummy.. :munch: :thumbup:

5'6" ahhh lucky gal... I hate being short... have to climb on everything like a kid :lol: and forget shopping..

I always just go with "If I'm hungry, I eat." Of course, this has taken some getting used to , to figure out whether I'm hungry, or just bored. However, those snacks are super healthy, instead of the junk I used to eat. I don't count calories, so to tell me I need a specific number of calories is useless to me, iykwim.

I can't do the no counting calories. I wish I could. Like for example right now I am starving! I am at my limit.... so :shrug:

I noticed our BMI is almost exactly the same! 28 !!!! :thumbup: bet you're taller...
I'm 5'6".
I'm always starving. :haha: That's how I got fat in the first place. :rofl:

I know right! I was eating an apple like 1/2 hour ago b/c that is all I have in the house that is "safe" and would keep me semi full...

Just seems after I nurse I could eat like a steak dinner or something :munch:

An apple won't keep you full. You need a protein to keep you full. Try putting a bit of peanut butter on that apple and that should do the trick.

No apples won't keep you full.. but PB is super dangerous! for me :ninja:

I bought some granny smiths that were super sour... VERY! kind of reminded me of a jolly rancher... was nummy.. :munch: :thumbup:

5'6" ahhh lucky gal... I hate being short... have to climb on everything like a kid :lol: and forget shopping..
Peanut allergy? My sister has one of those. They're nasty!!

Is anyone else's belly still have hangy skin after over a year. I look like a have a scrotum on my tummy. :nope:

hi there. am wondering if this is too early for me to be considering losing weight. my girl is only 6 weeks old, and obviously my main priority is to maintain my milk supply for her, and keep her gaining weight. however, i was under the illusion that bf would just suck the mammoth amounts of cake i ate whilst preg right out from my arse/thighs. is it possible to safely diet at this point in time do u think? the prob is i have 4(!) wedding after xmas, and was hoping to look a little less pregnant by then! tell me if im kidding myself tho...

hi there. am wondering if this is too early for me to be considering losing weight. my girl is only 6 weeks old, and obviously my main priority is to maintain my milk supply for her, and keep her gaining weight. however, i was under the illusion that bf would just suck the mammoth amounts of cake i ate whilst preg right out from my arse/thighs. is it possible to safely diet at this point in time do u think? the prob is i have 4(!) wedding after xmas, and was hoping to look a little less pregnant by then! tell me if im kidding myself tho...

I'm not entirely sure, but I would imagine it's not a good idea for you to diet at the moment. You don't want to affect your supply, and end up having to supplement with formula.
That being said, you can still eat the same number of calories a day, only make healthier food choices. (no more mammoth amounts of cake! lol) Eat veggies and fruit instead of cake and cookies. And drink LOTS of water. Also, getting out for walks, or doing light exercise will help.

m_t I haven't lost the weight from my belly yet so no I don't have that but I do have the overhang from my c-section scar. :( It's horrible. But I'm hoping the weight loss will at least make it smaller. :lol:

vaileasmama- I'm sure as long as you aren't doing any extreme dieting, than you'll be fine. Just cutting out any junk is always a good start. :flower:

I'll try and remember to stop by and tell you my stats tomorrow. We're out early morning for a few days, so I may not get online until Sunday.

Weigh in is tomorrow girls!! DON'T FORGET!!! :D:D

Oh Gosh. Despite working out 5 hours already this week and sticking to my diet everyday I still think I am up from last week. Does anyone else really gain from ovulation to AF? I think if I graphed my weight loss daily it would be a curve back up around AF maybe next month I will do it.

im 239lb's now hunni!

Probably due to having 20 ulcers in my mouth and struggling to eat!!

Weighed myself this m,morning 152.4 its not much but at least its not up :happydance:

Well, I lost NOTHING. I'm exactly the same. :( I've been working my ass off all week for nothing. Made my portions smaller. I'm still going to stick to it because I have a feeling I just gained muscle so didn't lose any actual weight because my legs are sore. But it is still really hard to see no loss. I do have an analog scale still so maybe there is a .something loss that I'm not seeing. The new scale is on it's way I bought it online. It's always been very hard for me to lose weight and since breastfeeding, it's even worse. Everyone keeps telling me to wean off breastfeeding and the weight will come right off. It's not worth it for me.

Also, I updated the front page! lilysmum-Holy crap how'd you lose so much in a week?!!! That's AMAZING!! :dance:

im 239lb's now hunni!

Probably due to having 20 ulcers in my mouth and struggling to eat!!

sorry :hugs:

I had two wisdoms pulled on top few weeks ago... still ate... I'm an animal though :rofl:

eta: big congrats on the negative numbers! woooot!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

get well! :dance:

Is anyone else's belly still have hangy skin after over a year. I look like a have a scrotum on my tummy. :nope:

omg :lol: I almost peed my pants! yes.... I do... :coolio:

-2 for me 141 :)

I had a migraine headache last night and vomited... not fun... so lost 1 more pound... on top of the one I had reported earlier.. :mrgreen:

Well, I lost NOTHING. I'm exactly the same. :( I've been working my ass off all week for nothing. Made my portions smaller. I'm still going to stick to it because I have a feeling I just gained muscle so didn't lose any actual weight because my legs are sore. But it is still really hard to see no loss. I do have an analog scale still so maybe there is a .something loss that I'm not seeing. The new scale is on it's way I bought it online. It's always been very hard for me to lose weight and since breastfeeding, it's even worse. Everyone keeps telling me to wean off breastfeeding and the weight will come right off. It's not worth it for me.

Why wean? I think it is very important that baby is nursing during the cold/flu season. I mean unless you have other reasons too. I get massively hungry nursing and it was horrible trying to lose weight b/c I wanted to eat all the time. You know?

GL keep it up... I am sure you lost weight and you will see it on the new scale. Those needles never move far unless it is like a -5 lbs loss... or so...

and are you retaining? and remember... our :holly: BBs hold milk so if baby is due to nurse... skip weigh in until after :dance:

:hugs:

Oh no, I definitely won't be weaning. Breastfeeding is FAR more important than weight loss for me. It's just what some have suggested.

So I just did my 40 minute cardio and I raised the resistence to a 4 for part of it.(I normally have it at 3 the entire 40 minutes) I sweat like crazy. I'm not gonna let this week get me down. :D I know I'm making a difference because my muscles are sore so :shrug: And I wear maternity jeans so I can't go by looseness of clothes. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->