!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

-2 for me 141 :)

I had a migraine headache last night and vomited... not fun... so lost 1 more pound... on top of the one I had reported earlier.. :mrgreen:

Woo hoo on 2 lbs!! That's awesome my dear. :hugs:

You girls did great this week!! I have it all updated so far on the front post. :thumbup: Kathy, I had to change your name on there too. :winkwink:

What part of your cycle are you on cleckner? ( if that's too personal you don't have to answer). I don't really lose any weight from ovulation to my period but then drop really quickly after AF so that could be part of the problem and also with an analog scale it would be hard to see part of a pound. I am sure in the next couple of weeks it will start falling off.

Does anyone else take their measurements? I find that it can help you tell if you gaining muscle and losing fat.

I'm a week before my period so yeah that'd be right! Nothing is too personal on this site. :haha: I don't really know how to measure myself to guess inches. Don't you have to measure thighs, arms, waist, and bust or something like that?

Hallo :wave:

This group would be absolutely perfect for me, but I don't actually do it by weight but by clothes size (don't allow myself scales because I got stupidly obsessive over weighing myself). Do you have room for me anyhow? could do with some help in keeping motivated over the christmassy times! ;)

-2 for me 141 :)

I had a migraine headache last night and vomited... not fun... so lost 1 more pound... on top of the one I had reported earlier.. :mrgreen:

Woo hoo on 2 lbs!! That's awesome my dear. :hugs:

You girls did great this week!! I have it all updated so far on the front post. :thumbup: Kathy, I had to change your name on there too. :winkwink:

Thankyou!!!! I wasn't sure I'd get over 1 lbs loss.. I haven't worked out... Javier is sick and clingy (my excuse!) :shhh:

Oh no, I definitely won't be weaning. Breastfeeding is FAR more important than weight loss for me. It's just what some have suggested.

So I just did my 40 minute cardio and I raised the resistence to a 4 for part of it.(I normally have it at 3 the entire 40 minutes) I sweat like crazy. I'm not gonna let this week get me down. :D I know I'm making a difference because my muscles are sore so :shrug: And I wear maternity jeans so I can't go by looseness of clothes. :rofl:

Good glad you chosen to still BF. I say the longer the better :) I swore if I stopped at each suggestion to wean... I'd be done with this a long time ago. Why do people care? :change: so much input into what we want to feed our infants... shhhheeshhh *wink*

Sore muscles are a good sign! :bodyb: What are you doing for meals? I suck @ cooking so no great recipes from me :lol:

I'm a week before my period so yeah that'd be right! Nothing is too personal on this site. :haha: I don't really know how to measure myself to guess inches. Don't you have to measure thighs, arms, waist, and bust or something like that?

I was going to ask too... b/c next week about I will be posting gains maybe... ya love being a woman! :)

This group would be absolutely perfect for me, but I don't actually do it by weight but by clothes size (don't allow myself scales because I got stupidly obsessive over weighing myself). Do you have room for me anyhow? could do with some help in keeping motivated over the christmassy times! ;)

:hi: welcome.. Kathy here! :hugs: what size do you wear?

What part of your cycle are you on cleckner? ( if that's too personal you don't have to answer). I don't really lose any weight from ovulation to my period but then drop really quickly after AF so that could be part of the problem and also with an analog scale it would be hard to see part of a pound. I am sure in the next couple of weeks it will start falling off.

Does anyone else take their measurements? I find that it can help you tell if you gaining muscle and losing fat.

No I haven't measured myself. That cycle sounds like me too... :dohh: But, at least you know its water and do not let it get you down :dance:

Well I was big 14 before pregnancy and overweight with it - went up to 16, now down to a medium 14. I'd like to be a decent size 12 I think. I'm probably about 12/13 stone at the moment I reckon so not great...!

Any of you girls tried EA sports active? Its pretty good for a short 20 mins or so workout :)

I measure my bust waist and thighs but will occasionally measure my arms and neck. Crazily enough I have lost .5 inches on my neck and nothing on my arms.

I would never give up BF just to lose weight but more and more people keep asking when I am going to stop. Why can't they mind their own business its not like I am making them sit and watch or making them BF and Jacob still loves it.:cloud9:

Also, I updated the front page! lilysmum-Holy crap how'd you lose so much in a week?!!! That's AMAZING!! :dance:

:bodyb::shhh::shhh: Ive been ill :haha:

Not eaten hardly a thing!! I couldnt believe i had lost so much! but i find it odd to work with pounds so i put it in a stones to pounds converter.
I was 18st 6 and now im 17st 10.....does that work it?:thumbup:

Well I was big 14 before pregnancy and overweight with it - went up to 16, now down to a medium 14. I'd like to be a decent size 12 I think. I'm probably about 12/13 stone at the moment I reckon so not great...!

Any of you girls tried EA sports active? Its pretty good for a short 20 mins or so workout :)

I own a Wii and thats it :haha:

I was a tight 16 when I started this "diet" @ 160.. however if you look on first page I haven't taken down the photo of myself @ 200 lbs yet... :blush:

The whole stone thing boggles my mind!!! :nope: Ack! its like 7 lbs per stone? ... and I am horrible at math... hehe :wacko:

anyhow gl with your journey much success! :thumbup:

I measure my bust waist and thighs but will occasionally measure my arms and neck. Crazily enough I have lost .5 inches on my neck and nothing on my arms.

I would never give up BF just to lose weight but more and more people keep asking when I am going to stop. Why can't they mind their own business its not like I am making them sit and watch or making them BF and Jacob still loves it.:cloud9:

Isn't it weird the places the weight loss happens? I am noticing mine the most in my waist and tush. My calves are still looking thick though...

I say as long as baby is enjoying nursing and Mom is comfortable. Let them be... I agree with you... who is it offending? nosey cows! (love the UK gals and the word cow )

m_t-I agree people should mind their own business!!! We were TTC for 2 months before DH left and I took OPKs only to find out I'm ovulating too late. Anyways, I looked into it and it's a common problem with BFing moms. So I was sharing my dilemma and was told I should start weaning Emma so I can have another baby. Well, again..not worth it for me. My body is obviously not ready yet and as much as that hurts me and I want another, it's not my time yet. :shrug:

lilysmum- You were originally 258 lbs. than and are now 248 lbs. So you lost 10. :haha: That makes more sense. :p I'll change the front numbers. :thumbup:

Kathy- I'm horrible with meals too. :blush: We still had turkey leftover from thanksgiving so I have been trying things with that. I mixed it with Alfredo sauce and pasta and that was a meal one night. I am really boring with it because I can never think of what to make. I make a lot of chicken usually because it's always good IMO and I always have mashed potatoes which probably isn't the best thing for me but it's SO yummy.I might make meatloaf in the near future and that should last us for a while and I always make lasagna that lasts like a week. :rofl: I am addicted to over easy eggs and dipping my toast in it. I swear I have that every other day for a meal. :blush: It's just Emma and I so anything I make will have leftovers for at least a week. :dohh:

My digital scale arrived!! :dance: I weighed myself and it is 2 lbs heavier than my last weigh in but it's late at night and I always weigh more at night. :haha: Which is why I always weigh in the mornings but I couldn't wait to try it out! It even does kgs and stone! SO weird!! :haha:

I love overeasy eggs and toast I have it like twice a week for lunch. I do weight watchers and the egg is only 2 points and 2 peices of bread are 3 so its a pretty low point lunch. Also Jacob loves eggs so I make mine overeasy and cook his all the way through and its a healthy lunch for us both.

Yesterday I didn't do well with my diet I am making holiday treats to give away and it is just so tempting to eat a lot of junk. Oh well todays a new day.

Well I weighed myself this morning on my new digi scale and it was 238.6!!!! :dance: So that's 1.4 lb loss. But I won't add to my loss until the next weigh in because who knows what will happen in the next week. I may gain it back knowing my body. :haha: But I'm still pretty excited!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves overeasy eggs and toast! For a while there I ate it every day for at least one meal. :blush: But I've been trying to cut back because I didnt' think it was that healthy. But you saying it's not bad makes me rethink it. :haha:

OK so I am officially depressed about my weight today. I was out shopping and I found a super cute super sexy Santa bra and little Santa skirt so I bought it thinking it would be a nice treat for my hubby. They are sold by bra sizes so I got a 36B (I feel like the only one who has dropped bra sizes since BF but anyway) I got it home and I could barely get the skirt part over my bum and when I did it cut into my muffin tops so badly that I look terrible. :dohh: I don't think I will be able to lose enough weight by Christmas to pull it off. I am pretty handy with the sewing machine perhaps I could make a new little skirt for it. :blush: (Too bad this part of the forum isn't private I would shop you girls a picture it looks horrible)

Now you all have me wanting sunny side up eggs and toast! :munch:

I just gave the turkey to my Mom... I hate the smell of old turkey meat in the fridge. She made some pot pies with it I guess and froze them all.

I went crazy on Thanksgiving.. even ate pie.. :blush: took me over a week to get back on losses again...

m_t Awww They never seem to size those things right. I've always found I need a bigger bottom to the top. It's like they are just trying to make people feel bad. Some women have hips and asses though! :growlmad: I bet you could make a cute skirt!! And seriously, I bet your DH wouldn't even notice the muffin top. Men don't seem to notice the things we do. He'd probably just be excited to see you in something tight that hardly covers anything. :haha:

m_t Awww They never seem to size those things right. I've always found I need a bigger bottom to the top. It's like they are just trying to make people feel bad. Some women have hips and asses though! :growlmad: I bet you could make a cute skirt!! And seriously, I bet your DH wouldn't even notice the muffin top. Men don't seem to notice the things we do. He'd probably just be excited to see you in something tight that hardly covers anything. :haha:
Exactly! I have some lingerie that I bought before I got pregnant. It's a tight squeeze, but I still wear it occasionally. While I don't think I look even remotely good in it, OH just can't get enough! He doesn't even notice my big gut hanging out, or if he does, it doesn't bother him any!!
Well, I've been absent for a few days, out of town. I only read this page of the thread, as I don't have time atm to go through the posts you guys have made since I've been gone. So I apologize that I'm not up to date with every one's progress. I'll read it when I get a chance this afternoon.
I weighed myself this morning, and I'm still sitting at 174. I guess it's good that I didn't gain, but it's frustrating that I didn't lose.

Can I join please? BF seems to be helping me lose weight now and I don't want that to stop when we start weaning. I'm currently 153lbs and would be happy to be 140lbs as I'm quite tall I think that will be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->