!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

Can I join please? BF seems to be helping me lose weight now and I don't want that to stop when we start weaning. I'm currently 153lbs and would be happy to be 140lbs as I'm quite tall I think that will be enough.
Welcome!! You're lucky BFing is helping you lose the weight...it's stopping me from losing the weight!!

^^ Same here! I really think it's the BFing holding my weight on. It has always been hard for me to lose weight but never this hard!

On my phone now but will update front post when I get the chance. Welcome pandv!!

Oh Oh Oh can I join??! :flower: x

:hi: welcome! we love milky moms! :flower:

:dance:

This thread is great. Ive decided I want to lose another 7 lbs on top of my target so my ticker needs updating so will do that tomorrow.

Im so excited I have other people to talk to about losing weight while Bfing - ive had so many questions lol x

I know so happy clerkner started it up! :thumbup:

Your BMI is 24! well done my friend... I am @ bmi around 27 ish .... closer to 28 :blush:

I also re-edited my goal... first was to be non-obese, second non-overweight.... got about 7 lbs to reach it :happydance: then goal 3 is my before any kids weight.... never been that thin again since.... 1997 :dohh:

oh I need to join I think!!!! Bfing helped me lose the initial weight... but im still over 136lbs, I need to weigh myself, but I'd like to be under 128lbs. It is really hanging onto me though. I eat decently, I dont overeat or overeat junk... I cant understand why im not losing anything?

oh I need to join I think!!!! Bfing helped me lose the initial weight... but im still over 136lbs, I need to weigh myself, but I'd like to be under 128lbs. It is really hanging onto me though. I eat decently, I dont overeat or overeat junk... I cant understand why im not losing anything?

Not until I started counting calories did I notice how much I was taking in... lots! A serving is such a small size! :growlmad: Example... those tiny .... very tiny choco pretzel 100 calorie packs.. heck I would eat three packs in one sitting no problem.. it fits in less than two handfuls!!

So... best of luck! and welcome :hugs:

I know I have behaved well this week so fridays weigh in looks like a good one... :)

Ryder and blue_bumpkin welcome!! :wave: When you get a chance just give me your stats and I will be more than happy to add you to the front post! pandv, you've been added hun!

Weigh in is every friday morning so keep that in mind girls!!

I am so jealous of all you girls that actually had initial lost. I lost nothing from breastfeeding. :shrug: I always get so upset seeing threads on here about girls being in prepregnancy jeans and their LO's are only a few weeks old. :dohh: I've never been blessed with a high metabolism so it's always taken a lot of work for me.

Ya, it is upsetting seeing moms who are lower then their PP weight!!! Like how? And why are they so lucky??? LOL

I lost weight the first few weeks nursing. But, think I had some PPD and wasn't eating too much.

Guys I dared the scale... I regret this... +2 ... :( I know it is just water b/c I have been very good... I expect the week of the new year to be mega losses for me :) once I shed the water and see progress...

I am so jealous of all you girls that actually had initial lost. I lost nothing from breastfeeding. :shrug: I always get so upset seeing threads on here about girls being in prepregnancy jeans and their LO's are only a few weeks old. :dohh: I've never been blessed with a high metabolism so it's always taken a lot of work for me.
Same with me. I had to go and buy new jeans that were bigger, just so I could get out of my maternity jeans!!
On the other hand though, my co-worker was back in her PP jeans, after only a few weeks of giving birth. She had a c-section, and wasn't able to exercise either!! I was jealous, until she told me that her AF returned after 6 weeks. I know the two aren't related, but I'd rather deal with a little extra weight than AF! I love that she hasn't returned yet!!

Kathy- Aww. It's not the end of the week yet though. There's still time to get it back off! :hugs:

It's amazing how much water really weighs. I need to drink more of it myself. I don't think I drank any water yesterday really. :wacko: How many ounces are we supposed to have a day?

Kathy- Aww. It's not the end of the week yet though. There's still time to get it back off! :hugs:

It's amazing how much water really weighs. I need to drink more of it myself. I don't think I drank any water yesterday really. :wacko: How many ounces are we supposed to have a day?
I think you're supposed to drink 8 glasses a day, at 8 ounces each. So a total of 64 ounces a day. That's for a normal person though. I'm not sure if you're supposed to drink more when nursing. I know it's important to stay hydrated so your supply doesn't dry up.

64 ounces!! I'll have to remember that! I have a sports drink cup thing that has ounces on it. I just need to remember to keep filling it I guess. I've read just upping your water intake will help lose weight. I need to start making more of an effort with that now. :thumbup:

64 ounces!! I'll have to remember that! I have a sports drink cup thing that has ounces on it. I just need to remember to keep filling it I guess. I've read just upping your water intake will help lose weight. I need to start making more of an effort with that now. :thumbup:

It will help! One trick is to drink a full glass a half an hour before eating. It will help you to feel fuller, and therefore you'll eat less.
However, now they're saying NOT to do that, because then your body always craves the full feeling. If you just eat less, your body will adjust to a smaller portion of food, and then feel full with it. But by drinking the water before hand, your body doesn't get used to the smaller portions, and is always craving the full feeling associated with larger portions.
My glasses at home are 16 ozs, so I make sure to drink at least 4 of them a day. It's not hard, considering I drink a full 16 ozs with each meal.

Does bfing cause water retention? I was thinking about it this morning... because being pregnant and being on the pill usually cause it? All my weight is still in my belly, everything else seems to be shrinking nicely, but I still look 4 months preggo LOL... so I was wondering if maybe it was water retention from nursing?

Hiya, can I join? I would like to get rid of my belly safely but will prob not start until after christmas. I don't have my post natal check up until the 23rd! I initially lost a stone & a half but haven't lost any for 4 weeks now! I know what I need to do - stop eating chocolate & cakes! I don't have a car so walk every where & it's very hilly so I know I'm getting enough exercise, I just use it as an excuse for eating chocolate! My breast feeding goal is at least 1 year so whatever I do has to be with that in mind! I'm sure you're all the same!

Hiya, can I join? I would like to get rid of my belly safely but will prob not start until after christmas. I don't have my post natal check up until the 23rd! I initially lost a stone & a half but haven't lost any for 4 weeks now! I know what I need to do - stop eating chocolate & cakes! I don't have a car so walk every where & it's very hilly so I know I'm getting enough exercise, I just use it as an excuse for eating chocolate! My breast feeding goal is at least 1 year so whatever I do has to be with that in mind! I'm sure you're all the same!

Welcome to the group! With your baby being so young you just need to make sure you eat enough calories and drink enough water so that you don't lose your supply. I would start out very slowly and maybe just monitor what you eat in a day and cut out some of the junk and replace it with healthy food. Good Luck with reaching you BF goal and your weight loss goal :hugs:

:wave: starsunshine- When you get a chance, just let me know your current weight, and goal weight! We weigh in every Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->