!!The Milky Mommy Weightloss Thread!!

Ryder and blue_bumpkin welcome!! :wave: When you get a chance just give me your stats and I will be more than happy to add you to the front post! pandv, you've been added hun!

Weigh in is every friday morning so keep that in mind girls!!

I am so jealous of all you girls that actually had initial lost. I lost nothing from breastfeeding. :shrug: I always get so upset seeing threads on here about girls being in prepregnancy jeans and their LO's are only a few weeks old. :dohh: I've never been blessed with a high metabolism so it's always taken a lot of work for me.

I will weight myself tomorrow and then give you my stats. Im so excited! :happydance:

I never lost weight initially while BFing although I ate like a horse and did not gain anything either so I suppose thats something :). I was almost 10 stone pre preg and the first time I dared the scales after having adam I was about 14 st 4 :( Ive lost a tonne of weight though. I have to keep check of my calories everyday, some days I slip up, and find that the reduced number of calories hasnt affected my supply now which it did do when I tried dieting around 3 months.

Can I ask how many calories on average you ladies take in a day? If im honest I rarely go over 1300-1400. My secret is special K (oats and honey to be exact). one serving of that is only like 114 cals so you could have 3 bowls of that a day on top of maybe 1 large meal and 1 smaller meal and still be only around 1200 cals. And oats are good at boosting or maintaining your supply :thumbup: x

thats great about the special K... I may look for something like that. I like too many fatty things high in cals I think.

Hi girls :wave:

I've found it soooo hard to eat well recently. I weighed myself after my birthday weekend and I'd put on 4lbs!!! I think a lot of it was water retention after eating Chinese 2 days in a row :blush:

I'll weigh myself in the morning and report the damage done.

thats great about the special K... I may look for something like that. I like too many fatty things high in cals I think.

It really is delicious too and when the cals are that little having a small bowl between meals helps the hunger pangs and defo stops me snacking fattier things like cake and biscuit (which are my downfall!) :)

Ooo I may look into special K too!! I need to get groceries soon so I'll definitely add that to my list. :D

Well AF hit me today. :( So I don't have high hopes for tomorrow's weigh in. I'm crampy and a lonely bitter woman today but I still worked out as usual.

So here is what I've been doing every day..

40 minutes recumbent bike riding
30-40 minutes of walking in the evening
3 minutes elliptical(it's all I can manage...that thing kicks my ass every time..:blush: I plan on working up to 10 and than hopefully to 15!)

I really haven't been eating any differently. I've been trying not to snack but if I'm honest I still do almost every day. :dohh: I have a problem with controlling myself. It doesn't help that Emma is ALWAYS hungry. And she likes to share. We'll see what the damage is tomorrow!

Cleckner - you are super motivated!!

I wish I had some gym equipment at home, we can't afford a gym membership and it's far too cold to go out for a walk or run here at the moment.

Anyway, I've lost 1lb this week! :dance:

I've been on the scales this morning and have lost 1lb. With schools off next week and trips out such as soft play and pizza hut (suppose I could hit the salad bar :cry:) don't think I'll lose over the holidays. I am trying to leave the car at home as much as possible and either use the pushchair or the mei tai (christmas shopping needs the pram for present carrying!)

I'm going to wait until after Christmas to weight myself because I really couldn't bear to see myself put on weight! I'm not deiting at all at the mo because my LO is so young I'm afraid it'll effect my milk so it's making sure I do enough during the day & am active and cutting out chocolate & cakes (which is impossible at Christmas time) so after Christmas I promise to give you my weight each friday! I'm still in maternity jeans but am wondering how long I can manage in them as I have one pair of under bump (which are ok atm) and one pair of over the bump (which fall down coz there's no bump any more :dohh:) so think I might have to go out & buy myself some in the jan sales but they'll be next size up :cry: Ah well at least I have a lovely, gorgeous :baby: to show for it!

OK i lost 1.5 lbs this week! :dance:

So im currently 10st 12.5lb and my target is 10 st :thumbup:

Is anyone else worried about loose sagging skin? im scared that ill lose all this weight to just look like a saggy old woman and still feel crap about my body :(

And cleckner thats some amount of exercise! You must be soo motivated. I only do 2 hours of zumba a week and about 2 30 min sessions on my exercise bike :)

OK so I am down to 152.2 so only a 0.2 lbs lose but I am having a dinner party tomorrow and have spent all week making about 10 different deserts so I am proud of myself for not gaining. I am also waiting on AF she should be here any day now so I think I am retaining water.

On a positive note I lost .5 inches from my waist so that is progress even if the number on the scale isn't going down very fast.

Okay, I updated the front! :dance: Everyone did so good! No gains and everyone lost at least a little! We can't ask more than that really!

I lost 3.2 lbs!!! I think I only really lost 2 because last week the day after weigh in I got my digital scale finally and it showed a 1 lb. loss. :haha: So that's 3.2 in two weeks. Still decent!!

I'm extremely motivated just because my husband is gone till June. Loneliness is a good motivator! :haha:

Oh and I don't have to worry about holidays because with DH gone, we celebrated Christmas 3 weeks ago so my holidays are already done with! :blush: I'm kinda jealous of all the holiday talk.

:wave: Can I join?

Before I got pg with Otter I weighed about 155 and would like to get down to that again (I'm 5'9 and that was SKINNY for me -- size 8 jeans). I gained LOADS when pg with him. I think about 80 lbs. :blush: :shock: :blush:

I got back down to about 200 lbs when I got pg with DK. :dohh: :dohh: I again gained loads with her. I never allowed anyone to tell me my weight when I was pg, so I don't really know what it was. :shrug:

I'm back down to 210 as of this morning, but want to get back to about 155. :shock: That's a long way to go! So, I need to get serious about this. :thumbup:

Can I join?

I was a little overweight when I fell pregnant with my first 58 kg ish which was too much for my 5 ft 2 inch height. Anyway I put on LOADS of weight while pregnant.... I think I ended up around 82kg :blush: and had TERRIBLE complications including super high blood pressure leading to pre- eclampsia which continued after I delivered little one. Doctors have advised me it's super important my weight is kept tightly controlled for future pregnancies :blush:

So here I am almost two years later still breastfeeding several times a day and numerous times throughout the night ( we co-sleep) and I need to lose those last few kg before I think about seriously ttc no. 2.

Good luck everyone- I'm sure breastfeeding helps keep the weight off, so that's already a great start! :thumbup:

Oops just realised everyone works in pounds.... Ok was 179 lbs, down to 119, want to get to 110 lbs :flower:

Can I join?

Currently weighing in at 62kg, at 5'7. Appreciate it's not overweight at all, but it is for me (if that makes sense!). Just want to drop a few more kilos to get back to where I was before getting pregnant (DD is currently just over 4m).

I'm using the site www.myfitnesspal.com which is great (sorry - sounding like an advert). It showed me that I wasn't eating nearly enough and once I upped my calorie intake I started to lose weight (you basically put in your height and weight and it works out how many calories you need a day. You then 'earn' calories through exercising and breastfeeding). Reading through this thread it might help some of you...??

xx

Wecome everyone!! :wave: I'll update the front page when I get some time. Gotta make lunch for the monster right now. :D

Front page updated!! :thumbup:

I'm doing horribly this week. It has been raining all weekend and into the week now so it is throwing me off my game. Plus Emma has a cold and is a grump. :( I ate steak over the weekend. I have a feeling this will be a bad one. :cry:

your all skinny compared to me :( i am the heaviest,. i will start after xmas.

So I had my dinner party this weekend and weighed myself today(which is also the start of AF). And I am up to 158. How is that even possible it's like 7 lbs heavier than I was one week ago.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->