~The Movie Club~

Eiroze

Reaction score
For all talk about new and old movies - best, worst and reviews =P

If you want to join just list a few of your favourite films to start the ball rolling!

I love anything Asian Extreme but ESP Old Boy:

An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment. Written by Jacksrevenge

On the day of his daughter's birthday, Ho Dae-su (Min-sik Choi) gets completely drunk and is arrested. His best friend No Joo-hwan (Dae-han Ji) releases him from the police station, and while calling home from a phone booth, Dae-su vanishes. Indeed he has been abducted and imprisoned in a room for fifteen years. One day, he is suddenly released, receives clothes, money and a cellular and meets the Japanese chef Mido (Hye-jeong Kang), and they feel a great attraction for each other. However, Dae-su seeks for his captor and the reason of his long imprisonment. While looking for revenge, Dae-su discloses deep secrets from the past. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Ooo this is a thread i like!!

I really love my films...DVDs are my downfall when i go shopping...

My faves...

Ohhhhhhhh!!

*Always * Overboard *Curly Sue * Cheaper by the dozen *Twilight *Last saumai * Ghost *Dirty Dancing * Gladiator * G.I.JANE

Oh i just love loads lol

I am a movie junkie :) I have tons and tons of favourites...

I just saw Notorious.. it's surprisingly good!

Some girly movies I'd have to recommend are: The Women, Bride Wars, The House Bunny & SEX AND THE CITY (of course!!!)

Wolverine! amazing:) but STARTREK :p tht was more AMAZING!!! x

Anyone looking forward to Harry Potter?

:rofl:

I am.

And Angels & Demons.. I'm hoping they don't do a really bad job on it like they did on DaVinci code.. I am not a fan of Tom Hanks at all (aside from You've Got Mail)... Angels & Demons was a much better book.. hoping the same will be true about the movie!!

Looking forward to both of those Tasha - There are some really amazing films coming out this year =P

I can't wait for Harry Potter either tasha! :happydance:

Faves : Willow, The Labyrinth, The Italian Job, Armaggedon, Dirty Dancing, Grease, Fight Club, American History X, Knocked Up, Transformers, Ghost.

I looove movies! :)

I'm looking forward to Angels and Demons and also wanna see xmen and harry potter..

Some of the new ones that are pretty decent are: Knowing, Mall cop and The haunting in connecticut, bit of a confusing film though,

Monsters vs aliens 3d is a great film.

Wouldn't bother with the international, or duplicity.. there both crap films.

Crank 2 isn't what it's made up to be, bored me a fair bit..

Race to witch mountain was crap, fell asleep during that :rofl:

The uninvited was rather good, confused me though so it's a 'need to watch again film'

Twilight, i don't see the big fascination with this film yet still seem to watch it over and over lol

transporter 3 is pretty good and also the quantum of solace :D

I'm looking forward to Angels and Demons and also wanna see xmen and harry potter..

Some of the new ones that are pretty decent are: Knowing, Mall cop and The haunting in connecticut, bit of a confusing film though,

Monsters vs aliens 3d is a great film.

Wouldn't bother with the international, or duplicity.. there both crap films.

Crank 2 isn't what it's made up to be, bored me a fair bit..

Race to witch mountain was crap, fell asleep during that :rofl:

The uninvited was rather good, confused me though so it's a 'need to watch again film'

Twilight, i don't see the big fascination with this film yet still seem to watch it over and over lol

transporter 3 is pretty good and also the quantum of solace :D

Man... I can't wait to see Race to Witch Mountain.. I have this minor.. okay MAJOR obsession with The Rock.. he's freaking sexxyyyyy! LOL.

I have the uninvited here, but I keep struggling to get into it.. I gradually get a little farther in the movie each time I watch, but I can't sit there long enough.

Twilight - I definitely agree 110% with what you said. It took me until about a week ago to finally give in and watch it and that was merely because of all the hype. And after watching it I just said "meh, it's alright.. no idea why everyone is obsessed"... and yet, i've watched it about 6 times since...LOL. Especially if it's a rainy day. Puts me in the Twilight mood! HAH!

Annnnd.. I LOVE Jason Statham. And really liked Transporter! :)

Same with me - I haven't read the books, stirred clear of the mass hysteria but decided last week that if so many people like it, it might be a decent film and not just hype - and since then I haven't turned it off!

Maybe there's subliminal messaging in the scenes =P

I've not read the books either so maybe that's why we're not obsessed? :rofl:

Jason statham is gorgeous although his body's not all that in transporter :lol:

My Movie Faves :
The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, The Goonies, Any Period Drama e.g Pride and Prejudice the BBC 6 hour long mini series! Colin Firth "Phwooooah!", Sense and Sensibility, (Jane Austen fan here!) Bridget Jones 1&2, Anchorman, Ten Things I Hate About You, 27 Dresses, Made Of Honour, Chasing Liberty, What A Girl Wants, Grease, Dirty Dancing, Curly Sue, The Sound of Music, Singin in the Rain..... I could go on all day lol.

Havent seen Wolverine or Star Trek yet, not a major fan of either but I do think Hugh Jackman is rather hot!
Wont be going to see Harry Potter as found the first one arse numblingly dull, but thats just my opinion no offence to HP Fans! lol xx

Did anyone have a hard time getting into Frost/Nixon & Milk? I don't know if they were just boring or if Elyse was just being sucky & keeping me from them...

My Movie Faves :
The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, The Goonies, Any Period Drama e.g Pride and Prejudice the BBC 6 hour long mini series! Colin Firth "Phwooooah!", Sense and Sensibility, (Jane Austen fan here!) Bridget Jones 1&2, Anchorman, Ten Things I Hate About You, 27 Dresses, Made Of Honour, Chasing Liberty, What A Girl Wants, Grease, Dirty Dancing, Curly Sue, The Sound of Music, Singin in the Rain..... I could go on all day lol.

Havent seen Wolverine or Star Trek yet, not a major fan of either but I do think Hugh Jackman is rather hot!
Wont be going to see Harry Potter as found the first one arse numblingly dull, but thats just my opinion no offence to HP Fans! lol xx

I love those ones too!!!!!!

Have you read the Harry Potter books? Or just seen the first movie? Honestly, I am a die hard fan... BUT - I can say, the first one wasn't all that good, more in the sense the kids acting wasn't really all that great. They're MUCH better now. Just my defense. hahaha!

Lol, have tried to like it, honest! Im just not into Magic and wizardry, I find some Fantasy films a bit hard to follow, I fell asleep watching the first Lord of the Rings! lol x

hahah seriously? I loved those ones too! But I couldn't get into the books no matter how hard I tried (LOTR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->