~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Hehe thanks girls :) where's the best place to get cute cloth nappies in the UK?

I've never found a shop that has a good range and have had to buy blind through online stores such as the nappy lady. wish shops would stock more reuasbles though i'd love to go and have a proper nosey and feel before i buy.

Hehe thanks girls :) where's the best place to get cute cloth nappies in the UK?

I've never found a shop that has a good range and have had to buy blind through online stores such as the nappy lady. wish shops would stock more reuasbles though i'd love to go and have a proper nosey and feel before i buy.

me too!!!!

xxxxxx

Got my goodmamas today!!! It says on the packaging that you can use them straight away, did you do that or wash them first?? I will post pics tomorrow :D

woohoooo for goodmamas!

I only use them if we are in the house or for bed tho as I find with a wrap they can be quite bulky under clothes atm.

maybe when he starts crawling I will use them more.

ohhh i never heard of goodmamas, any good?

P.S. i'd wash them at least once tbh.

has anyone tried the fuzzi bunz or the wonderoos? I'm just looking at them at the moment. I love the daisy design it's cute!

i have one wonderoo and i think its really good, soooo soft!!

has anyone tried the fuzzi bunz or the wonderoos? I'm just looking at them at the moment. I love the daisy design it's cute!

i love my fuzzy bunz... a bit of a faf to get the fit right at first but now it fits her like a glove i have the purple daisy design n it looks sooo cute!!! not too bulky either!! :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

Helloooo..... can I join please? xxx

I'm not due until 10th October but have already bought:

-Mothercare smart nappy starter sets in newborn and small
-Imse vimse newborn wrap x 1
-imse vimse newborn nappy x1
-Motherease rikki wrap x1
-Nature babies wrap x1
-Swaddlebees Abc wrap x1

As you've probably guessed I'm going down the prefold route - due to lack of cash and tumble drier!

I've bought some swaddlebees newborn and small prefolds and have lots of muslins to use for newborn stage. Along with the smart nappies.

Has anyone else gone down this route? How do people find using a muslin as a newborn nappy?

I've been reading the thread for the past hour and I have a couple of replies: :)

Snowball - https://www.babykind.co.uk/index.htm does the real easy nappies from hip hip baby.

Pixiekitty - the same website is UK based, i'm bigging them up because I found them on the net and then realised that their warehouse was just down the road from me! In Caernarfon, North Wales

xxx

Oooh..... I forgot to mention!!

There is a fab website https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/index.html it does a selection of nappies and has pictures of babies and toddlers wearing them, so you can see before you buy! Genius!!!

Hi, welcome to the club!

Green Mountain makes great prefolds, but they will only ship within the US :( I got some shipped to a friend, who then brought them up to me (I'm in Canada near the US border). I started out with prefolds and thirsties wraps, they are the best wraps IMO. I now mostly use fitteds or pockets just for the convenience and because they look cuter. The prefolds are definitely the most economical and also are good to use as burp cloths or to lay under baby when she has naked time (Alice's favourite part of the day:D )

She looks very sweet in ur profile pic! Amelia :)

I'm in the UK, so if they don't ship to Canada then I have no chance!!!!!

I think I'm gonna stick with prefolds for now, see how I go when he is born and then you never know, I might become a real nappy addict and look at the AIOs or pockets! xxx

Although I'm considering prefold, does anyone recommend using a shaped nappy at nightime? Or does anyone use prefolds at night? what is their set up and does it work?

Sorry for all the questions but it's nice to try and get my head around it first!!!!

xxx

Thanks!

I just used prefolds at night the first month or so, and I still sometimes do but I add a doubler for extra absorbancy since she's sleeping through the night now :happydance:

And don't be sorry for asking questions, that's the whole point of joining a forum, to help each other out :hugs:

I don't know if anyone else agrees but I found prefolds to be more expensive than my pockets. By the time i brought new wraps for my mios i've spent more on them than i have my pockets, though the initial out lay of prefolds is less i'm (personally) not sure they actually better economy in the long run. I also have to air dry and bumgenius and my bambinex teddy nappy (teddy 2 part system is lovely but so very bulky) are fab, will be practically dry over night :hugs:

I dont like the fuzzi bunz...fit is total crap!! :blush:

i love my fuzzy bunz... a bit of a faf to get the fit right at first but now it fits her like a glove i have the purple daisy design n it looks sooo cute!!! not too bulky either!! :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxx

hmmmm....why is the fit difficult, is it because the poppers for the legs and waist? I did see them and wonder but figured it would be pretty similair to my onelife wrap.

I'm also undecided on the size between medium and large. mediums tagged as 15-30lbs, 6- 36 months or large 12 months+. My baby is currently about 19lbs and 10 months. I'm thinkin medium but scared she'll grow out of it fast :shrug:

Sorry 1 more qu, what are they like for drying time? I don't have any drying facilities so it's air only so i need something speedy ideally.

I got to admit i am only really buying for the design it so cute but don't tell the OH that :rofl:

Hmm to be honest It would take all day for my load of nappies to dry on the line!

you need to go with pockets as they come apart in the most peices so quicker drying time!

I highly reccomend Bum Genius...ok they dont come in mad/snazzy/cute patterns yet but they have a good range of colours and the fit is fab, not bulky and do the job great!:thumbup:

I prefer the velcro fasteners too!:happydance:

ow i love my bumgenius nappies, they're awesome. we just got a new one the other day :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->