~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

hello henny, feel free to ask me at any time, i have far too many of everything cos i make my own and kind of dont do anything all day except make leyla nappies :blush:

x

Lucky Leyla!

I am trying to convince Miguel to buy me a sewing machine, I really want to learn to make Sofia pretty things! He says it will just sit in a corner gathering dust and I have to borrow someone's first and learn what I'm doing.. he's probably right!!

I did textiles at GCSE but haven't been near a machine since, I like to hand sew... simple things like Christmas decs!

Evening ladies how are we all? well i've had a leak free few days so i'm a happy mummy.
No nappies from my postman yet so he'd better be knocking on my door monday as i am having withdrawals now hehe.

I've found a new reason for needing new fluff, i'm off to spain in may next year so i've told dh i will need new fluff for then that i can wash and pack away and he said ok:happydance: only thing is i don't think i could let lovely fluff sit in a suitcase and not use it :blush: so my excusse when i get it all is that i will need to use it a few times to increase absorbancy :thumbup:

And in 3 weeks time i can order my new sling and also new fluff so i'm counting down the time :blush: on the good side i have lost weight :happydance: i put mr h in his sling yesterday as i've not been out for a couple of days and i had to tighten it so :happydance: looks like some of my built in central heating is shifting now.

Do any of you know what i am doing wrong? i have made mr h some liners out of an blanket but his bum seems wet when i use them :happydance: it has been used a fw times so perhaps it's just me.

Well done for the weight loss! I'm sat here munching my way through celebrations.. which is really naughty as I'm allergic to milk and my tummy is going to be very cross with me tomorrow!!

Don't you just hate sundays, no post, shouldn't be allowed...

i'll be getting new sewing machine soon, will give u mine if u want, for postage? although how id get it to you without it breaking i dont know lol

x

i'll be getting new sewing machine soon, will give u mine if u want, for postage? although how id get it to you without it breaking i dont know lol

x

Awww thank you :hugs: Nope, not quite sure how it would arrive!!

hmm i think if we did courier it might be quite expensive...i'll leave it up to you anyway, if u can find some way to get it to yours for not too ridiculous price then its yours :thumbup:

oh should add that the light doesnt work and the side handle has fallen off but it can be put back on again to turn the needle, but ive found it easier just to use the foot pedal really slowly if i want to lower / higher the needle, the whole machine still works perfectly as a sewing machine though obv :D

will be getting my new one on monday :happydance:

x

I need this nappy

Attachments

• berriesandbutterflies[1].jpg
    berriesandbutterflies[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 8
Oww that does look very lovely, that about making your own liners sounds pretty smart too i may give that a go :)

ill be very interested to hear if those Gro baby's work well at night too!
I will at least order myself one of each color then :rofl:

Freya's not 100% at the mo, not sure what's up but she's giving the nappies a good run for their money!

She wore a Pop In for about 12 hours last night, then when I got her up this morning it smelt fine, so I whipped it off on the bed and she had done a massive great big smelly runny poo! :dohh: So I was in a bit of a silly situation but was very happy the nappy had done so well! :lol:

Yay for Pop Ins :)

Ah I wish I could sew! I would love a machine, but I get totally confused with all the fiddly bits on them. Would love to learn though, it must be so nice to make your own stuff.:)

Morning ladies how are we all? well i've had a lovely leak free night with my hh so i'm a happy bunny.
Henny i constantly eat chocolate hehe everyone said if i bf it would drop off of me well it didn't i'm now nearly 8 months of exclusive bf and it is eventually coming off of me.
Ellie i may have some more bit off of you soon i just need this soddin holiday deposit to be paid and i'm all done.
Kirsten yay for pop ins but boo for poo lol.
Girls who want to sew if you got a sewing machine you would soon pick it all up and alot of stuff is just a plain old straight stitch, my sil rang to say she has killed my sewing machine it is an old singer and she " accidentally took it apart to see how it works i could kill her as i have 2 pairs of school trousers here half made and a few nappies that need finishing and now i have to get a new machine and quick, dh been dh said to her don't worry donna will fix it wtf it is in a thousand bits and will not go back together , men hey.
Well housework calls so i'd better pop off for 2 mins x

Morning ladies how are we all? well i've had a lovely leak free night with my hh so i'm a happy bunny.
Henny i constantly eat chocolate hehe everyone said if i bf it would drop off of me well it didn't i'm now nearly 8 months of exclusive bf and it is eventually coming off of me.
Ellie i may have some more bit off of you soon i just need this soddin holiday deposit to be paid and i'm all done.
Kirsten yay for pop ins but boo for poo lol.
Girls who want to sew if you got a sewing machine you would soon pick it all up and alot of stuff is just a plain old straight stitch, my sil rang to say she has killed my sewing machine it is an old singer and she " accidentally took it apart to see how it works i could kill her as i have 2 pairs of school trousers here half made and a few nappies that need finishing and now i have to get a new machine and quick, dh been dh said to her don't worry donna will fix it wtf it is in a thousand bits and will not go back together , men hey.
Well housework calls so i'd better pop off for 2 mins x

Awww, could you get hold of Ellie's? I don't think it would make it to me in one piece!

That sucks about the singer, what a 'nana!! Has she not offered to have it fixed?

Freya's not 100% at the mo, not sure what's up but she's giving the nappies a good run for their money!

She wore a Pop In for about 12 hours last night, then when I got her up this morning it smelt fine, so I whipped it off on the bed and she had done a massive great big smelly runny poo! :dohh: So I was in a bit of a silly situation but was very happy the nappy had done so well! :lol:

Yay for Pop Ins :)

Sofia was in hers for about 14 hours! No leaks, no dampness, yay :happydance: definitely a good night time nappy.

Sorry Freya's still not feeling better :flower:

jikes, putting a puzzle of sewing machine back together!!!
Ive had quite a lzy day behind me.. only a load ofwashing and am preparing to do the biggest job of all in a min... give our Husky/malamute a BATH!!! She reeks :rofl:

she has luckily shedded most of her coat by now (still loosing a bit though ) and despite vacuuming every day it still looks like ive killed a couple of rabbits :dohh:

im hoping to receive my BG organic tomorrow :D, that and ive emailed the only supplier of Gro baby in NZ (they were out of everything) to ask when they get more in again.. FX it will be soon !

Hi ladies, I have tried out a Terry nappy this morning but Cassidy seems really restricted in it, like when I try to sit her on my lap it's really awkward and also her clothes don't fit over it!
I think either I'm doing it wrong or I need a different fold!
Can anyone advise which fold is best for a baby approximately 12lb in weight?

On a sort of okay note, I put one of the naughtybaby nappies on her last night and considering she had it on from around midnight until 8 this morning it faired ok, some very slight leakage but I think I need more practice to make sure it's on secure enough!

Hey Bekki, can't give any help on the terrys but good to hear about the naughty babys - I'm waiting for 3 in the post, think I'll use them as a daytime nappy though.

Lunaty, I realised Gro Baby is actually American, just when I first googled it was all Australian sites coming up so thought it was Ozzie and they'd have them in NZ... anyway, hope you get some soon!! We're planning on going to the US in early November so I've asked my cousin to source some Gro Baby and Kiwi Pie nappies for me - much cheaper than me buying them here or having them shipped! Might get some more Fuzzi Bunz too.

Good luck with the dog washing, I don't envy you! When I was an Au Pair we had a golden retriever and he shed soo much, I was very fed up of hoovering!

hey hun, i use terry's sometimes hun....what fold are you using at the moment hunni ???

sara

xxx

haha i wish she was a golden!!!
Honestly Malamutes are known to shed their whole undercoat for a week or two.. and let me tell you.. i could easily fill 3 rubbish bags with the fur i have combed out of her already..

she only managed to shake about 3 times whilst in the tub so i am not completely soaked :rofl: and she smells of lovely strawberrys (for however short it will last!), at least she stays in the tub, my other dog (the staffy) barely sheds or has fur but she hates being in the tub and always wants to jump out which is more of a hassle!

As for the Gro baby's yeah i figured as much when i googled their manufacturer :haha: but they did catch my eye so am still wanting them now!!!!

baby is driving me nuts, i seemed to have popped out quite a bit in the last few days i think,, i cant get my socks on properly anymore... nor can i close any jacket i own..
(good thing the weather is getting better) and he is constantly moving even though it is so cramped in there.. i honeslt dont know how much more he is gonna grow in the next 10 weeks :dohh:

hey hun, i use terry's sometimes hun....what fold are you using at the moment hunni ???

sara

xxx

I tried the kite wrap but it's all bulky and sticking out of her nappy, I think the problem with restriction is the wraps I've got, they are supposed to go up to 15lb but I think that needs to be lowered!

I'm going to browse for some better wraps now, possibly going to go for the motherease rikki wraps. Do they have a bit of 'give' around the waistline? Obviously without being too much to cause leakage? I don't want her tummy to be all squashed :nope:

Lunaty :shock: that's a lot of fur!! I was a meanie and used to hose down the dog in the garden, soap him up and then hose him down again... silly big lug was so friendly he wouldn't run away!

Kiwi Pie are by the same manufacturer as Gro Baby, I'm just going to get one as they're cute! I'll put her in her Gro Baby tonight and let you know how it does. The pop-in was amazing last night, even if it is very heavy - definitely a night time nappy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->