~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

i think we are almost in the clear there is word that the tsunami warning has been canceled.. !

it should have hit by now.. a friend who lives right on the beach said she is stayign int he house too.. cant really see anything apart from the woind.. seems we are lucky :D

Just watching the news, so scared for you! Looks like it's going to hit eastern Australia too.

https://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/tsunami-warnings-pacific-cancelled-3040537

Its all good now, weve got the clear :)

Oh ladies with little boys check these out; https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Thomas-The-T...s_LE?hash=item19b68f8e21&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 the seller also has the same one in poppers. That's so cute! Glad my OH hasn't seen it or he'd be making me buy it for my girl :rofl:

Kirsten, just wanted to say I tried out the nappies and wrap today and they work fab, no leaks or anything, I'm guessing they are the little lamb ones going by the labels?
Thank you again for sending them to me x :hugs:

Just wanted to ask, is it normal for it to feel awkward sitting Cassidy upright on my lap? Just seems a bit stiff, but I'm not sure if this is because neither of us are used to it yet??

It's funny but they never used to have that thomas show in the Netherlands.. im not sure if they have it here... cute little nappy though ;)

well life returned as normal here.. went to another midwife appointment and got scolded for only doing my glucose test 2 days before :rofl:

Weather has turned to poo here, lots of rain.. (grr it should be spring!) temp is round 18 degrees though! no nappy washing for me then! And i at least have to give those new nappies a couple of washes! I refuse to hang them in the garage though as the chance of black stuff suddenly appearing on them is pretty high (hubby loves his cars :dohh:)

Maybe i should buy an extra drying rack and put them in bubba's room for now :D
Maybe i should just be cheaky and do some sopping hehehe

Yeah the one with the sheep on is the little lamb, other is the bambeasy. Wrap is little lamb. Sorry, I should have put a note in, I'm rubbish at stuff like that, too disorganised!!

How do you mean awkward on your lap? Cos of the chunky nappies or cos she doesn't sit up straight yet?

:)

She likes me to hold her in the sitting position on my lap and normally it's easy to sit her up but when she has any sort of cloth nappy on she kind of goes all stiff like cardboard and it feels kind of like she's fighting against sitting up! If that makes any sense at all?

Again I think it's because neither of us are used to them but just wanted to see if any other mums felt the same starting out!

I think a lot of cloth nappies can make sitting up feel different, I guess you just get used to it? I do find though that Freya can sit unaided for a lot longer with no nappy on than she can when wearing one. Maybe as they get bigger this is less of an issue, as the nappy is not as high round their waist, therefore less restrictive.

Lol, maybe :shrug:

I guess some nappies feel stiffer than others as well. I do remember when Freya was younger she fitted into her bumbo well before the age recommendation as her nappy held her upright!! :lol:

I think I need to relax and stop worrying so darn much lol
All it takes it one funny comment off my OH or someone in his family and I immediately begin to doubt myself! I just need to ignore the lot of them, this is my last child and my last opportunity to do things right and I intend to succeed!!

I know Sofia is definitely less comfortable on her back in the cloth nappy, at night I have to put her down on her tummy. It's true, she does fit in the bumbo better though!

Ok, I just had to share this with you, Gro Baby have gorgeous new prints out! https://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/gr...6c97-Gro+Baby+Print+Patterns&utm_medium=email

Yeah!! Do it the way you want or you will only end up wishing you had. Once you have been doing it a few weeks and have the nappies and routine you like best you will feel so much better about it. Think how much nicer it is for Cassidy to have a lovely fluffy nappy rather than a crunchy sposie, bet she's enjoying it!

I got my new little lamb fleecy liners yesterday, they are soooooo soft, made me realise my lovely soft old ones are not as soft as I thought they were! :rofl: Still nice though, lol. Think I'm going to order 2 new BG AIO Organice today, then that's me done, new stash sorted!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->