~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Yay, I love hearing hypnobirthing success stories. :) That sucks that you got Obstetric Cholestasis, Sara - it sounds really horrible. :hugs:

Donna, I'd be interested in having a look at the little boy stuff, and might be interested in buying some of Harley's outgrown nappies too. :thumbup:

Off to google Mini La Las...

I have started to list them on the sell, swap wanted bit but there will be more to come as there is 2 bin bags full.

Well i've now bought 6 Mini la la's and i LOVE them but tbh (touch wood) I've never had a bad nappy (bar one which was a random type) They are really nice and even just buying one to see is worth it i think :happydance: I just got two more in the post today :rofl:

Ooooooooooooooooooooh i'm soooo in there on the hypno birthing next time i think its fab!! First time i had a water birth in hospital but next time if i can i want a home water birth...but i live 30 mins from the hospital which kinda scares me a bit :(

What do they do in the classes??

Well I just bought a spring daisy blueberry :happydance: I will get a mini la la after Christmas I think :D

Nooooo no no no no no you're BAD mini la la's are the ONLY way forward :sulk:

:blush: I think i'm a little crazy tonight...i think its cos i'm waiting for Tabs to wake up again :(

Ahh yes, those mini lala's are on my list of wants aswell, there are so many cool naps im afraid Cole will be out of nappies before i get to buy them all :rofl:

Omgggg Mini la la's are LUSHHH!!! I neeeeed some!!

And can we all stop talking about birthing please? I'm incredibly effing jealous and keep sneaking quick peaks at my birthpool shut away in the cupboard :(

LOL i just hope i have forgotten the pain by the time i am pregnant with no2 and am willing to try a natural water birth again :haha:

I must say i have found new respect for woman not having any pain relief!

There is no way I will be forgetting that pain in a hurry, the days leading up to Freya's birth were the worst thing I have ever gone through. It is still very fresh in my memory, I need a few years to get over it! Hopefully the next one will go a bit better! :lol:

i mustve been so lucky, mine wasnt bad at all :shrug:

now im shitting myself im gna have a real birth this time :dohh:

x

It will prob be just as good for you as last time! People always say it get's better the more you have...so I'm sure yours will be brill!

I am so excited about you being preg! Lol, I'd be going mad thinking up names and stuff...well, I already do that now anyway :dohh:

Hello!

I took the plunge and I've ordered/received my first fluff! :happydance:

I've got so far:
8 x BumGenius v3 pockets (BTP)
4 x Itti Bitti D'Lish SIO (small)
2 x Spare Itti Bitti inserts (small)
3 x Naughty Babies from eBay (BTP)
1 x Nature Babies Big Softie (Nippa fastening, shaped nappy, fast drying as comes with inserts) (BTP)
6 x Junior Joy Muslins (70x70)
6 x Junior Joy Terry Squares (60x60)
1 x Nature Babies Popper wrap (small)
1 x Thirsties Duo wrap (small/medium)

Tea tree oil
Large mesh nappy/laundry bag
Wet bag for travelling
Pack nappi nippas

My initial plan is to use sposies (already got through various coupons/deals) for the 4-6 weeks while I get used to LO, breastfeeding etc. Maybe use a few muslins with a wrap as long as baby isn't a heavy wetter or pooing all the time!
Then I'll hopefully move on to the Ittis and BGs, and try Terrys (not sure how I'll get on with them!) But it's all trial and error I suppose.

My main concern is drying time as I don't have a tumble dryer, so most drying will be done on the line or indoors on/near radiators. I know the Ittis can be slowish to dry - but they're so damn cute, I couldn't resist!

Any comments? I know it sounds boring - but I'm not actually that keen on patterned nappies! So hopefully I won't get addicted to buying prettier ones! lol

LOL i just hope i have forgotten the pain by the time i am pregnant with no2 and am willing to try a natural water birth again :haha:

I must say i have found new respect for woman not having any pain relief!

LMAO my MIL was like "you had NO PAIN RELIEF? are you INSANE??"

I'd give birth tomorrow if I could! It hurt and was a really weird feeling but so surreal! I want it filmed next time cause I'd love to see if from others peoples view

Can i kick you :grr: I had no pain relief but it was agony took me a very long time to stop remembering it blah...

:)

*Fingers in ears* lalalalalalalalala...I can't hear you. I'm not supposed to listen to anyone talking about how painful their birth experiences were. :haha:

What do they do in the classes??

In the first one, we went over a bit of the history of childbirth and the rationale behind hypnobirthing - the basic fear-tension-pain theory. We talked about our expectations and the kinds of births we wanted. We also looked at some basic anatomy and physiology - learning how the uterus works and how different hormones come into play in the birthing process, and how much it's affected by your state of fear/relaxation. We looked at how language plays into your cognition and emotions and ways of reframing the medicalised and tension-inducing language. We finished up by practising breathing and relaxation.

I loved it so much my mind was already running away with fantasies about how I could train as a practitioner down the line and teach hypnobirthing. I've a tendency to be a bit OTT and enthusiastic when I hit on something that fires me up. :blush: I think I need to wait until I've actually experienced birthing myself before I get too carried away planning future careers. :dohh: :rofl:

CocoaOne, I'm getting stash envy - you sound really prepared. :hugs:

Can i kick you :grr: I had no pain relief but it was agony took me a very long time to stop remembering it blah...

:)

Nope sorry no kicking here or you'll have to take your shoesies off like in Primary school :rofl:

Me and Halen have made up a song (ok so technically myself as Halen can't speak, but he agrees with me lol) it goes

Mummy and Halen want a baby
Daddy is a meany and won't let us
So we're not friends with daddy
Mummy and Halen want a baby
Daddy is a meany and won't let us
So we're not friends with daddy

Repeating it several times an hour he he :D

CocoaOne, I'm getting stash envy - you sound really prepared. :hugs:

I like to be prepared - I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide :haha:

I'm reading Hypnobirthing too - only just realised that I haven't got the Rainbow CD though (can't afford classes :cry:) so I'm trying to find it online. Only place so far seems to be from the States, and it will take ages to get here. Someone recommended www.hypnobirthingdownloads.com as an alternative though :shrug:

OMG Jabula have a huge sale on and i am soo soo tempted to get myself another muttaqin ...........what you ladies think https://jabulanappies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36_2_23&sort=20a&page=2

cat garden or gum drops???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"