~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

I did kinda half and half i did to begin with use baby rice...do you guys who did use BLW think it was funny when other mums look totally petrified when your baby picks up a piece of food and puts it in there mouth :rofl: Even now people look at me shocked cos she just eats anything... :shrug:

No he wakes up after half an hour and won't sleep :( we went mums n tot today and he fell asleep on the way home, it's a 1hr walk and he woke up after 30mins. I'm just pulling my hair out as to what to do, he just cries all the time and is so miserable.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to be around him cause I can't cope with crying from 12noon until 7pm bedtime anymore. I dread getting out of bed in the morning, dread "nap" times where he won't sleep and just cries, dread bedtimes as he won't go down easily and then the nights.....omg I just can't cope any more with it!
My doctor told me weaning will help him...but he also said there's no age limit on when to wean?? I said about the W.H.O 6month guideline and he said no theres no evidence to suggest doing it before is harmful :|

Maybe a long shot but why dont you take him for a session to the Osteopath... maybe he is just really uncomfortable somewhere in his body.. ive heard it does wonders and a lot of crying baby's seems to have settled by it!

Ellie yes we are planning to BLW and he has a few bits now and again already, he's 6 months exactly in a week so I wanna try and hold out them extra 7 days lol

Sam - I don't know I'd go about that as my doc won't refer me...any UK ladies have any experience in this?

annnd....I think we are NTNP no.2 :D

My postie bought me fluff this morning :D

DSCF1116.jpg

ANNNND look what he can do now :D
DSCF1118.jpg

Yup he can sit!!! :D So proud!!

Awwww he looks soooo cute!!! :cloud9:

:yipee: Congrats what a clever little boy :yipee:

Only for about 10seconds lol he see's something he likes then falls flat on his face :( 3 times he's done it so far, and everytime I've missed grabbing him by a mili second. He cracked his head on my mums inside guinea pig cage cause we where sat on the floor talking to them and showing him them, I turned my head to talk to my mum and CRACK "WWWWAAAAHHHH" :( gonna look like he's being punched at the rate he's going lol

aww well done Halen!! Love the fluff - e have that in a wrap :D as for the osteopath i used to go to one who also did Babies too so might be worth just Googling your area and Baby Osteopath:shrug:

found this that said they do children in Leicester, dont know if it is anywhere near you but if you ring them and see if they could recommend someone closer?? some will also do home visits?? :hugs:

https://www.ashbyosteopath.com/?gclid=CJ7zkdnd0Z4CFUYA4wodvXWWqg

Jayleigh have you tried putting him to sleep on his side or front? Now he is older and rolling/sitting it's not dangerous like when they are newborn as soon they are roaming around the cot/bed whatever anyway.

Freya would never sleep on her back and still won't. This means no sleep in pushchair/car either. She will only sleep in her cot, on her front. It's especially meant to help colicky/windy babies as it's nicer on their tummy.

I found https://www.leicesterosteopath.com/ it's about 5minutes from my house. I'll give them a ring on Monday x

Jayleigh have you tried putting him to sleep on his side or front? Now he is older and rolling/sitting it's not dangerous like when they are newborn as soon they are roaming around the cot/bed whatever anyway.

Freya would never sleep on her back and still won't. This means no sleep in pushchair/car either. She will only sleep in her cot, on her front. It's especially meant to help colicky/windy babies as it's nicer on their tummy.

He wont, he just screams more :dohh: Honestly I have tried EVERYTHING the only way he will sleep for more than 30minutes is if I'm asleep in bed with him as well and even then the most he sleeps is 2 hours? At 6 weeks he was sleeping 8pm-4am in his moses basket and then stopped at 11 weeks and I don't know why :(

I posted in baby club the list of what I've done, I'll re-paste it here:

I've tried:
putting him down awake
dummy
no dummy
rocking/nursing until almost asleep the putting him down
putting him down asleep (he wakes up instantly as soon as his head touches the basket
co-sleeping
not co-sleeping
wake to sleep
no cry sleep solution
patting him
shushing him
cc (tried it once I hated it and refuse to do it again)
CIO (same as above)
in his pushchair/carrycot/car seat
in his moses basket
in his cot
in my sling
music/white noise
a ticking clock
bouncing in his bouncer
car drives
getting him to sleep in our bed and then sneaking away

The most he will sleep in the day is 45minutes, but normally it's 30minutes, and at night he will go up to about 2-2.5hours and no more. Some nights he wakes every FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!

Thats rough!!!

I think Cole is going through a phase at the mo.. he is so hard to put to sleep at all now sight!

Ive got a feeling it is wind and will buy some stuff to help him out ..
I had to use nipple shields for a day and he just isnt feeding well on them, he gets stuff in but i think he is also swallowing a lot of air, just plain BF seems to be more effective but my poor nipples are infected atm, am using cream as they have a bit of green discharge.. + the left one gets all lumpy when getting full and feels so bruised!!!

Ive tried to get it as empty as possible and massage it etc, but it fills up so quickly too..

Repeating in my head: it's just a phase, it's just a phase, it's just a phase.... :wacko:

Oh Sam I'm so sorry you're going through this!! Have you tried expressing some milk onto your nipples and letting it air dry? xx

Oh Sam I'm so sorry you're going through this!! Have you tried expressing some milk onto your nipples and letting it air dry? xx

yeah :) ive been trying to do that since day one.. he just clinches so hard in the beginning that that just causes those grazes to open again i think.. even if he latches properly.. and im pretty sure he is..

ive tried Lanolin too.. it helps but only until the next feed.. and unfortunately it feels like he is about to have a marathon feed day :dohh:

Maybe try one or two feeds cup feeding him to give your nipples a rest? Do you have a pump? you can pump veeeeerryy gently to keep your milk up x

still waiting for my pump, ive got some formula in house for emergency's which ve used 3 times since having him but id rather hurt a bit then having to FF him . it's just those long sessions that are driving me up the wall, that and the fact he has been grizzly and hard to get to sleep since 2 days now..

But youd know exactly what i mean LOL, at least were not alone..

lol no we're not, we have either, both as sleep deprived lol

ladies....I might kinda have....sore boobies :blush: and it's not BF related tenderness lol

Ooooooh when do you test :lol: Eeeek how exiting...though i may have to beat you if you are :gun:

Ooooooh when do you test :lol: Eeeek how exiting...though i may have to beat you if you are :gun:

Lol I don't know as I've still had no AF since giving birth....not that that means much as I know it's still possible.

noo don't hurt me *cowers* lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->