~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

lol....i'm sure it will last.....i've had daisy in a Naughty Baby with 2 inserts overnight before and she was dry in the morning!!!!

oh speaking of NB's - i couldnt get yours posted hun, my PO was nt open when i went to send them....so sorry hun, dont think it will be open tomoz either as its a Bhol:hissy: will defo be Tues tho :hugs::flower:

Hey girls,

I could use some advice if you have any..

Thelast 3 days Cole has been screaming his lungs out in pain... pretty muc non stop appart from being on the boob.. which results in my nipples practicly being chewed of!!

It got so bad that we took him in to A&E yesterday as i was worried he was actually sick or had something else wrong with him.. but no he was fine, diagnosed with wind colic *great

I have tried just about anything - gripe water -infacol - gaviscon - feeding as upright as possible - burping for ages - hot bath - walking in sling..

yet he still cries and both DH and I are just about at break point..

I was just wondering if any of you might have an idea as it looks like i will just have to put him i a room and he will have to cry himself to sleep :cry:

I feel like such a failure even though i know im doing all i can.. it's so hard to see him cry in pain.. :(

The only thing that got us through Halens colic was dummys :( I've always hated them but they saved my sanity and my nipples

I'm sorry your going through this hunny :hugs:

Sara, thats fine babe, thank u :hugs:

aw no hun i am so so so sorry, have you tried massage...do you have a shower?

we had this for months and it was awful, i dont have no advice for you but i will tell you this, it gets a LOT better, leylas perfect now, its just a phase babies go through when theyre really little im afraid, oh there is one thing u didnt say ud tried so i'll put it out there cos it really did help us, have u tried putting him to sleep in a bouncy chair, i know its not good for them to be in a bouncy chair too much but so long as hes not in it too much through the day then itll be fine, it helped leyla soooo much, she would only sleep in the bouncy chair for a good few weeks and it really helped her with her colic , we put it inside the cot on top iof the mattress and just tucked her blankie down her sides so she was nice and warm, seemed to do the trick while she was at her worst

xxx

I second the bouncy chair, especially if you have one of the ones that vibrates... with our Leyla, it kind of vibrates the wind out (both ends!).

When we feed her in the evening, if we lie her back she screams but if I sit her half up, the lie her back, then sit her up again and repeat (kind of like I'm rocking her but actually bending her in the middle rather than rocking her whole body), it calms her down and seems to help with the wind straight away and she then gets a good feed and goes to sleep. She's bottle fed so I'm not sure how that would work with BF, but it's something you could try when not feeding. I suppose it's more or less the same thing as lifting up LO's legs when they're on their back, but it's less energetic!

When it's really bad, I hold Leyla face down along my arm, with her face by my elbow and her bottom on my hand and rock her. That works to calm her down. She'll often go to sleep like that.

It does get a LOT better really quickly though :hugs:

We have a bouncy char, though it is a bit big and he kind off falls to the side .. not a vibrating one either.. but it makes sense, ill go get one..FX it will relief him a bit..

Thought i had him down just now finally after lying him down with a pillow behind his back on our bed.. (a lot softer then his bassinet) but it wasn't meant to be.. he started crying after 10 min..:dohh:

I tried rocking him face down on my arm.. he'll still cry unfortunately..poor little man :(
Honestly i have done so much searching on google but im afraid im in for a horrible couple of months..

Hey hun, just dipping in to say thankyou SO SO SO SO much for my nappy! It is just goegeous. I only just opened it yesterday with all that has been going on round here :)D) I totally forgot about it!!

Also, I found that drinking tonnes of fennel tea myself really helepd with Olivias wind. It still does when shes having a tiggy tummy. Think it passes through into yor milk and really settles them. I'll also third the vibrating chair thing. It's so not what you want to hear right now, but it honestly does get better. And they do need to suck an awful lot in those first few weeks too. Don't know if you have it over there, but gripe water really worked a treat when there was a big burp what just wasn't shifting.

Hope that helps a little xxx

Thanks for the tip, ill try thew fennel tea!!!!
happy you liked the nappy!!!! You wont find it anywhere in the UK lol :flower:

those vibratig ones are quite pricy so ill have to see if i can find a 2nd hand one ..

glad to see your back online and a belated congrats!!!! :hugs:
ps i tried gripe water and so far no luck :(

Hey hun, just dipping in to say thankyou SO SO SO SO much for my nappy! It is just goegeous. I only just opened it yesterday with all that has been going on round here :)D) I totally forgot about it!!

Also, I found that drinking tonnes of fennel tea myself really helepd with Olivias wind. It still does when shes having a tiggy tummy. Think it passes through into yor milk and really settles them. I'll also third the vibrating chair thing. It's so not what you want to hear right now, but it honestly does get better. And they do need to suck an awful lot in those first few weeks too. Don't know if you have it over there, but gripe water really worked a treat when there was a big burp what just wasn't shifting.

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3645/3310739538_a82a452aeb.jpg

It's called a yoyo nappy. I totally adore it! The colours are so bright and beautiful. Now, lets just hope it can deal with her random weird and wonderful BLW poos!!

i know this is gonna sound very weird but .....:blush: do you have any vibrators :blush: you could try sitting his bouncy chair on one if you do ??????? might wok?? do you have a shower??? when DFAsiy was colicy we used to take her in the shower and put the jet on fairly strong and aim it to her tummy.....she loved it and it seemed to settle her a little? could help? also lie him on his back and give him a masage......ub his tummy in a clockwise circle staying on the same bit of skin IYGWIM?? so not stroking - just moving the skin round in big circles:thumbup:.....also lift both his knees to his chest together or do a cycling motion with his legs....those really helped to relieve a bit of Daisy's wind:D

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tip, ill try thew fennel tea!!!!
happy you liked the nappy!!!! You wont find it anywhere in the UK lol :flower:

those vibratig ones are quite pricy so ill have to see if i can find a 2nd hand one ..

glad to see your back online and a belated congrats!!!! :hugs:
ps i tried gripe water and so far no luck :(

It's called a yoyo nappy. I totally adore it! The colours are so bright and beautiful. Now, lets just hope it can deal with her random weird and wonderful BLW poos!!

thats gorgeous!!!!

LOL i was the same on Xmas day..MY bf bought Daisy 2 Ittis bless her .. i was proper shocked !!!:happydance:

thats gorgeous!!!!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I know. I nearly cried when I saw it! :dohh:

Im so happy you like it.. it was such a gamble as i knew you liked girly colors etc and well green is not exactly girly :dohh:

+ i havent seen the nappies in real life and was a bit worried they wouldnt be practical in real use because of the leg gussets.. (which should work splendid with explopoo though!)

And then i read your info thingy again and realized i got you a bamboo insert which is nice and thirsty but you only had a small apartment and no dryer and they take quite a while to dry :dohh: so sorry bout that one :blush:

Id love to see how it fits your gorgeous girl, if you get the chance!

i know this is gonna sound very weird but .....:blush: do you have any vibrators :blush: you could try sitting his bouncy chair on one if you do ??????? might wok?? do you have a shower??? when DFAsiy was colicy we used to take her in the shower and put the jet on fairly strong and aim it to her tummy.....she loved it and it seemed to settle her a little? could help? also lie him on his back and give him a masage......ub his tummy in a clockwise circle staying on the same bit of skin IYGWIM?? so not stroking - just moving the skin round in big circles:thumbup:.....also lift both his knees to his chest together or do a cycling motion with his legs....those really helped to relieve a bit of Daisy's wind:D

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just had to read that one out loud to my Dh, you managed to make us both crack up for the first time today :rofl: :flower:

I only have a very small one.. no where to put it in/on the chair really though :haha: Good idea though :winkwink: maybe even an excuse to buy a new one LOL

Ill try the shower thing tomorrow see if i can get him to lay down without having to wear earplugs and upsetting him even more to give him a massage and rub :nope:

Finally managed to get him sleeping in his bassinet after 5 hours of crying.. i think Dh is ready to jump of a bridge..

OMG girls, you know who I am. If you don't and want to know who I am, and why I can't post under my proper name just PM me.

IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO PLONK MYSELF IN THE DOCTORS TOMORROW AND DEMAND A DATING SCAN!!!!!!!

IM JUST SO SO SO EXCITTTEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

OMG girls, you know who I am. If you don't and want to know who I am, and why I can't post under my proper name just PM me.

IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT IM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO PLONK MYSELF IN THE DOCTORS TOMORROW AND DEMAND A DATING SCAN!!!!!!!

IM JUST SO SO SO EXCITTTEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

:D :hugs:

Absolutely over the moon for you hun!
Must be in the air somehow, youll have some pregnancy buddies too now :happydance:

OMG Laura that nappy is beautiful!!

And congrats spud#2,I'm so happy for you hunny xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"