~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Lol, well sounds like most of us could give riding lessons :rofl: I miss riding soooo much, we are trying to save up to move to somewhere with land but we have absolutely no money so don't know how long it's going to take! :(

Like you Sara we live in a little town but a 2 min walk down the road and you're in fields, so it could be worse.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields, horses, woods etc, I miss it so much.

:happydance: Well done Leyla! That's so cool!

Ohh I can make nappies as well and I'm a bloody good cook! Lol

Well done Leyla!! Halen keeps biting (well gumming) his bottom lip and going "aye aye mamam mamam" OH keeps saying " omg he said mamam!" lol I wish it was really mamam and not just babble :( lol

I never thought horse riding would be so popular with all the girls here :happydance:
Anyhow the money wont be given out till another 5 months and it probably would be just enough to make a deposit on something.. yet the economy is still pretty bad and house prices are still up there .. even though mortgage rates are very low it wont last long as they have announced they will rise again beginning of this year.. Grrr

Best bet is to wait a bit and hope interest rtes will stabilize and market prices will drop..FX

Wow, it's all been happening on here! Congratulations to all those newly expecting - there must be something in the air. :flower: Donna, any news on your daughter? Don't want to put a downer on things re timing, but the LO I'm carrying was conceived when we dtd on CD9. We were planning on starting ttc the following month, but errr, we kind of got ahead of ourselves. :winkwink:

The idea of a place in the country sounds soooooo good. I was brought up in Greater London and have only ever lived there, Canterbury and Brighton & Hove. I loved that in my last year in Canterbury, I could see sheep from my bedroom window! Big thrill for a city girl. :haha: We really love where we live now in Hove, but it's so bloody expensive, but super convenient for everything. The thing that puts me off living somewhere more rural is that I don't drive, and the cost of buying and running a car would probably cancel out any rent savings from moving somewhere less central anyway. I don't think there's any chance of us affording to buy anywhere for a good number of years yet anyway, so that's out. My 'dreams' for our next place are to have some outside space to hang a washing line and to have room for a freezer - we just have one of those under the counter fridges with a little freezer compartment atm. Small goals. :blush:

Hey girls, can any of you help me figure out exactly what these are?
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHAPED-COTTON-NEWBORN-NAPPIES-x-6_W0QQitemZ220531938505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Baby_Baby_Changing_Nappies_LE?hash=item3358ba54c9
I was searching for newborn nappies and came across those, but I just can't figure out exactly what they are? From the picture it looks like some kind of hybrid of a prefold and a shaped? But it says no folding or pinning required...by the look of them that doesn't make sense to me. Help a novice out please!

On a related note, we're still hoping to do clothbum from birth. We're thinking muslins and a wrap and we also have a couple of tiny shaped nappies. I'm wondering how long I can expect to use the muslins for before we'll need something more robust? What did those of you that used cloth from birth use? The closer it gets I'm feeling a slight panic to make sure we have everything we'll need for the first few weeks. :wacko:

We used some shaped terrys from freecycle, we had to fold them down though to fit him. He was in them fulm time till about 10weeks I think, I can't remember exactly. Stuffables by nature babies are very small and giod for newborns and their pockets x

i'd love a farm aswell, with a stables of course. And i want a chicken and she's going to be called Hetty. I decided this when i was about 12 :rofl:

I wanted to call Tabitha, Hettie :rofl: But Robin wouldnt let me :hissy: I do like living on a farm but its kinda lonely sometimes :shrug:

omg I HATE YOU SARAH!!!lol we're soo soo wanting to move somewhere with land (but cant cos we are sooooo skint!) i can just imagine looking out of my window watching my horse (and a couple of ponies for company) munching away on our land :cloud9: would be so nice just to walk out of the back gate and let the dogs run for miles and miles!!

we are quite lucky in that we live in a suburban ishy area and only have to walk about 2 mins if that and we are in massive open fields but its not the same!LOL

sara

xxxxxx

:lol: Well yea guess i am lucky but we have FARRR too many horses, my sister and i evented (me not now :cry:) really seriously we travelled all over really but she's now getting better :hissy: She's on Athlete lists and Scottish (not hard :rofl:) and longlisted just now for British Team BITCH!!! :gun:

Tabs so far has a foal thats for future and a shetland right now and already have 2 more lined up for her :rofl: SPOILED!!

Your dogs get minging tho :nope: They stink and end up wanting and having to live outside, we have 3 that live indoors (between 2 houses) but they dont go out so much.

ALSOOOOOO the downside is that i FOREVER have to pretty much live with my family...

Thanks, Jayleigh. I'll keep a eye out for some stuffables - trying to get as much as possible pre-loved. They're btp but start off very little, is that right?

yaaaaaaay Go Leyla:) i go mamamama to daisy and she goes blah blah blah back literally its so funny !LOL

:rofl: @sarah !! we are sooo needing to get married :hissy: just need rob to get this new job and it will soo soo be getting planned :D and i no this is gonna sound so bitchy but i'm so gonna piss all over SIL to be (she is propper pissing me off at the mo about her wedding!LOL) :blush:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Jayleigh. I'll keep a eye out for some stuffables - trying to get as much as possible pre-loved. They're btp but start off very little, is that right?

Their called BTP but they have 2 sizes, size 1 and size 2, Halen fits on the smallest setting at size 2 and he's about 15lb's and in size 0-3 & 3-6 clothes.

Their 9.99 each so their not as expensive as some, and the size 1 are teeny tiny lol I think thats more for preemies, we've just only got our first one for xmas

If you go on www.usednappies.co.uk or www.clothnappytree.com you'll get some good bargains x

:rofl: Halens in his bouncer going "bah bah um mamama" over n over again lol he's meant to be asleep!

:rofl: Sara how come??

she's just been a proper bitch about everything if i'm honest!! this time next year there was absolutely NO talk of them getting married and robs bro was saying how ther wouldnt be together this time in a years time etc then as soon as we told everyone we were preggo they announced they were getting married. everytime we go te see the inlaws and she's there when MIL is asking about Daisy and what she's doing she always pipes up well when we get married blah blah and goes on about how she's only having things this way and that way etc etc ... they keep going on about how they are going to do things the right way roud (married before babies) doesnt sound that bad there tbh when i see it written down but there are loads of other stupid things she does that really boils my piss and i just wanna smack her in the face with a big fat wet fish!!!

ok sorry, rant over!!LOL

sara

xxxxxx

:rofl: (last bit)

Gah thats so annoying, she must be soo jealous!!

there are loads of other stupid things she does that really boils my piss and i just wanna smack her in the face with a big fat wet fish!!!

OK, I'm now stealing 'really boils my piss'. :rofl: Sorry your SIL to be seems to be such an attention whore. I can see how that would get very old very quick.

that is exactly her!!! we went over at christmas and i got her a really lovely Hotel Chocolat set (which cost me a small fortune) and as soon as she opened it she was whining about how she couldnt possibly eat them cos of the wedding and it would ruin her diet FFS man FOOOOOOK OFF!!! LOL i'll eat them then !!!! i was also talking to MIL about how i'm hoping to start a cake making business and as soon as she heard that it was oooh have you seen the cake for the wedding, its gonna be like this but with this and that instead etc etc...i'm dreading Daisy's christening, i think she'll explode cos its not all about HER!!!!! :hissy: watch me throw her over the balcony!LOL

lmao I'm sorry your SIL is a crapbag, just make sure your day is fantastic! Are u inviting her? I wouldn't :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->