~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

:blush:

I've let rip a lot of things on fb over the last few months...especially at "friends" so yep I know how careful you have to be :hugs2:

Aww becki :hugs:

Ladies I know this isn't the right place but I feel like I know you lot more than anyone else on here n I need to talk to someone before I go mad.

I'm really struggling with Halen, he's just getting worse, all he does is cry all the time, day and night. He doesn't sleep at all. He wakes every 30minutes screaming n its driving me mad. I have tried everything I can think of or have been suggested. I asked my HV today and her only advice as usual was bang him
in a bottle and stop BLW and force feed him purees as she said shes not satisfied with his slow weight gain and she thinks he wakes that oten because he's hungry. I don't believe that as he doesn't always wake for food, he often just wakes up crying n doesn't stop until he is so exhausted he just gives in. I'm ringing and msking an appointment to see a cranial osteopath next week but I can't afford it till Tuesday, I know it doedn't seem that long away but god it feels it. I feel like I'm going insane :cry: I'm so tired and stressed all I do is cry all day, I'm wakin up feeling ill, I'm dropping everything I touch, I can't even type on my phone I'm so tired my fingers just don't do what I want them too. It's taken me ages to write all this out as I just can't function properly. I can't even have a night off as he won't take a bottle anymore, just point blank refuses.

I'm not sure why I've told u all this, guess I just need to let it all out as no one in RL believes me :cry:

I dunno, I feel so low :( I dread getting out of bed in the morning, I just feel like such a crap mum, I should know whats wrong with him he's my frickin kid!

Aw Jayleigh, bit random but if you want any help it's not that far for me to come visit you, I hate to see people struggling :cry: must be so hard for you.

Which bottles are you using when you try him on one? Could you try one that is easier for BF babies?

:hugs:

Aww Jayleigh bless you hun :hugs2:

I dont agree with your HV over the purree's...how is force feeding him meant to make either you or Halen feel better? :( :hugs2:

Edit: Also echo what Kirsten said...I only have to get on the X7 so if you ever need company or need to get out and do something I'd be willing to pop up. :)

Edit again: :dohh: As for you meant to know whats wrong with him as he's your kid...not true...I didn't know Caitlyn was lactose intolerant till I decided to research it myself...and this was only 3 weeks ago :blush: took me telling the doctors what was wrong with her for them to agree though :hugs2:

We know he's dairy intolerant as it makes him sick, but as for the constant screaming I just don't know.

Thanks for the offers to come here :hugs:

I don't think he could be like that from being hungry, Freya gained pretty much no weight between 5 and 6 months, she has always been small, I think it is probably a slow gaining period of time for babies.

How is he doing with BLW? Does he want to eat? Is the not sleeping affecting him a lot?

I mean it about coming over, if you think it would help at all I would be there!

:hugs:

Since being on Wysoy Caitlyn's gained no weight and thats been the last 3 weeks.

So I think what Kirsten says is true there...

I'm not sure if not sleeping is affecting him, he gets ill alot and is very fussy, he won't play with the same toy for more than 5 minutes :shrug: he was ill over xmas and all he did was sleep, he slept in like 4hr blocks! I took him doctors about not sleeping n my doc said its normal :| I just don't know what to do anymore but I can't carry on like this. I just feel so unhappy towards him all the time cause he won't let me sleep

Could he be picking up on the stress from your idiot neighbours too? :(

Is there anyone close by that could have him for a bit so you could sleep? I know that'd only refresh you for one day but still refreshment I guess?

Ohh we found Caitlyn prefers musical things and electronic things that talk to her and not stuff she has to make work if that makes sense?

I wish there was something I could to help hun :( :hugs2:

:hugs: Some babies do sleep a lot less than others but that doesn't mean that it's normal for Halen. My brother only slept 4 hours a night and not at all during the day til he was 3, but he didn't react to it like Halen is.

I don't know what to suggest, I hope the osteopath has some answers for you.

aww Jayleigh huge huge hugs hunny :hugs: i really dont know wha else to suggest...i totally disagree with your HV, they always seem to suggest giving them formula or force feeding them purees as a fix to everything :dohh: wish i could be there to give you a huge hug :)

hoping the osteopath can shed some light on what may be bothering him......:hugs:

^ Sara hit the nail on the head there! My HV suggested me weaning from 9 weeks...go her ;) I held out till 17 and then now found out she's lactose intolerant so therefore didn't need it :dohh:

Yep she wanted her on baby rice at 9 weeks 3 times a day as apparently that'd help her keep her milk down / sleep through the night...I never complained about her not sleeping through the night and no wonder she was being sick and not sleeping through :dohh:

:hugs: JLA, i know exactly how you feel unfortunately, we have had osme pretty rough days behind us too... as you said, the screaming almost all the time when he is awake, it's a nightmare to get him down again, even if he has only been awake less then an hour.

He feeds fine thank god and it is the only thing that keeps him quite for a bit..:dohh:

Went to see the HV and she said he looks healthy, weight gain was perfect.. (gained 800grams in 2 weeks) go figure when all i do i s stick my boob in his moulth to have some silence LOL, she did however say that it seems some thing is wrong and bothering him.. Well Duhh! He is crying most of the day, not only the 3-4 hours on a specific time a day the way normal colic is described..

We took Cole to the Osteopath for the first time yesterday to the first practice that had opened after Christmas.. she mentioned his diaphragm is completely tensed up and one of the mayor veigns in his head that regulates those things is squeezed which is causing his crying sessions and symptomes.. she recons Cole should improve with a couple of sessions..

Next one is next week, he didnt really change after the first session but she said it might get worse before it gets better so FX!!!

JLA, id suggest yuo take him to an Osteopath! At least you can then rule these things out or understand better why he is giving you such a hard time babe :flower:

Aww becki :hugs:

Ladies I know this isn't the right place but I feel like I know you lot more than anyone else on here n I need to talk to someone before I go mad.

I'm really struggling with Halen, he's just getting worse, all he does is cry all the time, day and night. He doesn't sleep at all. He wakes every 30minutes screaming n its driving me mad. I have tried everything I can think of or have been suggested. I asked my HV today and her only advice as usual was bang him
in a bottle and stop BLW and force feed him purees as she said shes not satisfied with his slow weight gain and she thinks he wakes that oten because he's hungry. I don't believe that as he doesn't always wake for food, he often just wakes up crying n doesn't stop until he is so exhausted he just gives in. I'm ringing and msking an appointment to see a cranial osteopath next week but I can't afford it till Tuesday, I know it doedn't seem that long away but god it feels it. I feel like I'm going insane :cry: I'm so tired and stressed all I do is cry all day, I'm wakin up feeling ill, I'm dropping everything I touch, I can't even type on my phone I'm so tired my fingers just don't do what I want them too. It's taken me ages to write all this out as I just can't function properly. I can't even have a night off as he won't take a bottle anymore, just point blank refuses.

I'm not sure why I've told u all this, guess I just need to let it all out as no one in RL believes me :cry:

Awww luv i feel so awful for you :hugs: :hugs:

Does he sleep if you take him for a walk?? Like fresh air or something? I wouldnt know what to suggest just that some babies are like that. A friend, who is on here (preggers), her lil sister was like that apparently just didnt sleep at all and that was her 4th. Its not your fault at all :hugs:

Sarah - He will, but only for 30minutes max, after that 30mins he's wide awake abd wont go back off.

Twiglet I've wondered that, he has always been like this but it was never this bad.

He went bed last night at 7pm, he was tired but all he did was cry until we got him up at 8.10pm as I couldn't just leave him to cry. He went back to slerp at 10pm when I did and he woke up maybe 6 times after that, pretty much constant screaming until I fed him, but he didn't feed he was comfort sucking? He didn't want a dummy though?
I sat and listened to him crying and it did sound like pain, although he'd had calpol but he still cryed like something hurt :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->