~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

so my Oh cracks me up. Few days a go I mentioned soapnuts again to OH (mentioned few months ago he wasn't impressed then) and he said quote "what blo*dy rubbish". This morning they arrived and he looked at them and said "what the he*l they gonna do?!" and as i loaded up the washer with nuts and nappies (stop giggling at the word nuts :blush:) he just looked at me like I was nutty (see what i did there :haha:).

Anyway he's just bought the nappies through to me and said
"well I am impressed the nappies don't smell of p*ss"

Ha! Eat your words Mr TLB! :haha:

He's so gonna shout at me if he reads that :laugh2:

Got to say first impressions are pretty good but I'll wait and see what they like after a few washes :shrug:

Hello ladies, well I would like to admit to being a failure! I stopped using reusable nappies a while bag for various reasons including leakage from runny breast milk poop and the concern they were hurting Cassidys tummy BUT now she's older and more 'bulky' I am going to jump back on the band wagon, fish out the terrys and try again! I'm going to stick with the Terrys because I have a tight budget so need to keep costs down! However I will be needing some new wraps because Cassidy has grown so fast and outgrown the ones I have! So my question is, what wraps are best for me to get considering I panic about everything?? Which ones are less likely to make me go ''oh my she can't breath'' lol I don't want to fail at this so please help! Oh and I love you all xx

Not a failure! I did cloth from Hayden being 4mo-right before he turned 2. Then for the past few months we haven't done them at all :( But we just went back yesterday, yay!!!! I hope it works out better for you this time. My personal favorite PUL wraps are Thirsties.

Thankyou for your reassurance hun I can't believe how nerve racking cloth nappies can be lol!
I just ordered 4 Bummies wraps mostly because it specifically said 'no stiffness around the tummy area' I will see how we get on with those and then I may add to them when my confidence develops a bit! x

Aw Bekki you're not a failure! :hugs: I bought a fleece Tots Bots wrap the other day (pre-loved) and it's lovely and soft and did the job fine yesterday. It def wouldn't dig in, it's got a really wide front waistband bit and feels very nice.

Maybe you might think about trying nappies with a lower rise? That way they wouldn't be digging into her tummy as they would be lower down, below where their tummy sticks out, lol. I find mine are quite low and I never feel like they are digging into Freya.

If you come across any pre-loved, itti bittis have a low rise, and I think my BG AIO Organics must do as they seem the same sort of size. The BGs are also very thin at the top, so it's just like one thin layer against their tummy instead of a great fat bit, if that makes sense!

Have you had a look on the cloth nappy tree site? Might be some cheap ones.

Glad you're back! :D

aww bekki, you are so not a Failure! :hugs: have you thought about using wool?? you can get wool wraps that you just pull on :thumbup: they are a little more pricey and you have to Lanolise them but they defo wouldnt dig in to her lil tummy:) are you feeling any better hun? :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Thanks hun, feels great to be back I've really missed this place :hugs:

I'm going to have a browse today see what I can find! Was supposed to be going out to buy something for my birthday (because OH couldn't be bothered to get me something for on the day :cry:) but as the weather is bad it looks as though I'm stuck in for now so am going to wash the Terrys and sort through the others and see what I can still use and what's too small and have a look online for some possible nappy bargains :thumbup:

I'm feeling a bit better now Sara, I deleted my mother off FB which was the main issue. Managed the last 25 years of my life without her so I don't need her really. Sad but true!

Also need to have a major clean up, the house is a right mess. Struggling to put Cassidy in her carrier on my back though and she won't settle on her own.
Accidental 'attached parenting' going on there I think. So I'm going to get OH to strap her on so I can have a really good sort out :haha: I laugh because what are my chances I will actually get anything done that I want to!
:hugs::hugs:

yeh i know what you mean about Mum's...mine is well and truly out of my life at the moment .... hope you find somee stuff you like and hope you get some work done in the house!! i always set out with great intentions but it rarely all gets done!:cry: i cant wait till my house is tidy again!LOL .........

wonder if i'm getting any post today .................. off to make brekkie and stalk the postie!LOL

sara

xxxxxxxx

:hi: Bekki!

i second the itti's, they have a fab low rise though they are not a very cheap option.. :) Maybe you can ask Ellie to make you some nice mammymade wraps that dont go up to high and are nice and soft :)

Ohh and i agree to on the mother front...
I moved out when i was 15, at the time it was impossible for me to get along with her and swallow her crap..

She is still quite difficult at times but at least i found a way to deal with it now evn though that means keeping my moulh shut a times when i disagree and just nod :haha:

However if i strongly disagree i will tand my ground and she knows it..

Lol Sara, hope your postie brings you many wonderful (and fluffy) things! x

I was thinking of asking Ellie (I actually have her website up on another page lol) if she could do that but didn't want to sound cheeky :blush: but I do think her nappies are gorgeous and I am determined that at some point I will buy something from her lol

*Shouts for Ellie*

Oh Ellie my dear :flower: Any chance of some custom wraps with low rise?

:hugs:

LOL i'm sure she will hun, tho i know she is suffering at the moment with nasty MS! i'm dyinig for an AIO from her ....have to wait till the moneys situation gets better.......soon hopefully i'll be having one hell of a cloth spending spree :)

sara

xxxxxxxx

:wave: bekki welcome back, as the others said you're not a failure at all :hugs:

hiii :wave: course i will babes, let me know what rise you want, i normally make my wraps a bit higher rise so they fit bigger babies then with an extra strip of velcro on the inside so you can fold it down and use for smaller babies, with it folded down the rise is about 13.5" and with it fully opened the rise is about 18"

ps. sara, i got onnnnn :D

x

Aww thank you hunny x How do I measure the rise then? Lol

by the way I just won a hotsling and some huggalugs from bigmamaslings!! :-D

ooh well done!!!

to measure rise for wraps, put a fitted nappy on lo, the measure round from just above back of nappy, up through legs, to just above front of nappy, i would peronally add another inch just to be on safe side cos while short rise is good, a wrap that doesnt cover the nappy is no good to anyone lol

x

Ahh I get you! I will do that tomorrow because Cassidy is being really grizzly tonight for some reason and I don't want to mess with her anymore than I have to - Might have something with making her sit in Costa with me most of the day lol.

Good news though, I have a few Naughty Babies nappies from when I tried before and we have managed to spend the whole day using only them and NO disposables and NO leaks and she even did a poop in one of them! :happydance:

I'm using a disposable for bed though just until I am comfortable enough to not worry about getting poop on the covers, although I reckon that the Naughty Babies would be very good as a night time nappy, After all she has spent quite a bit of today in her pram sleeping!
I will upload photos I took of her in one of them in the photo section as soon as I can :hugs:

:hi: Bekki

Urgh am totally hating life right now Tabs has horrid nappies just now :sick: and MS has kicked in and its soooo meaaannn :hissy:

Nope its meeeaaaan think she does it on purpose :lol:

So where do i get these magical soapnuts from?? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"