~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Oh dear, i had a quick flick through the last few pages and seems everyone's having a rough time!

Sorry about sickyness for Sarah and Ellie, jabs for Sam and Cole, teething for Daisy, Caitlyn and possibly Halen, seems like there was more but I can't remember...

When Freya has had a really high temp we have done Nurofen and Paracetamol alternately with three hour gaps, as Sarah said they do different things and you can combine them so you are not giving the same thing over and over again. Works a bit better that way. Not sure if it would work for teething, but always worth a go!

Didn't go to the docs, but spoke to them on the phone, apparently sounds like Norovirus, my mum has it now, so I'm the last one standing, lol. I think I had it last year (at 5 months pregnant :wacko:) so that may be why I haven't got it this time. Freya still isn't keeping milk down, we're having to dilute it still, still has diarrhoea too. I'm gagging for a bit of sleep, don't think it's going to happen just yet though.

:hugs: to everyone xx

Poor Freya, what a nasty bug!!! Knock on wood, i thank god havent had something like that in years.. im always trying to keep everything in i havtn vomited in years either!

I hope she will feel beter soon :hugs:

Thanks Bekki - its ok tho....i could do with a few more so i'll just order them when he isnt looking and make something up !LOL thanks for the offer tho hun :)

Thanks Kirsten....sounds like you are still having one hell of a time MASSIVE :hugs: hun....really hope you dont get it again ... sounds awful. is there anyone who can watch Freya for an hour or so so you can catch up on some sleep? is Jake any better ? huge :hugs: tou all of you!

Jayleigh..i wish i lived closer so i could pinch him off you and let you get a couple of hours kip :hugs: my friends sister's LO sounds like Halen...she NEVER EVER sleeps tho and she has managed to get docs to give her a referral to see a consultant of some sorts to see if they can find a deeper problem.... she is also allergic to Dairy.....i think i read somewhere Halen is intolerant?? :shrug: just thought i seen some similarities.......MASSIVE MASSIVE :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Kirsten - :hugs: to you ll, hope Freya and Jake get better.

Sara - We think he's dairy intolerant, my doctor wont do tests till he's older, about 2yo. My doctor won't refer us to a pediatrician or a consultant or anything as "some babies are just poor sleepers, you just have to put up with it"

Kirsten - :hugs: to you ll, hope Freya and Jake get better.

Sara - We think he's dairy intolerant, my doctor wont do tests till he's older, about 2yo. My doctor won't refer us to a pediatrician or a consultant or anything as "some babies are just poor sleepers, you just have to put up with it"

yes my doctor seemed to think Cole was perfectly fine, nevermind the 7 hour crying sessions and the trouble with sleeping..

mind you i am still hoping the last 2 days is becaus eif his shots and he will return to that sweet boy we brought home after the 2nd Osteopath session :dohh:

:hugs: aww hun, I hated Halen's injections, so much we're not having any more now. I just couldn't put him through it every time he reacted so badly to them. The first time he slept better after them, but the 2nd and 3rd times he was worse :dohh:

My ellas house wipes are here!!! OMG their lush!!! I can't wait to use them! I want to use them NOW!!!!

My ellas house wipes are here!!! OMG their lush!!! I can't wait to use them! I want to use them NOW!!!!

yaay - i have some and LOVE em :)

i'm still waiting for my new fluff...:nope: and we've had fresh snow so i doubt the postie will be out today :cry:

:hugs: to everyone who needs them sorry a lot of you are having a rough time at the mo.

Sara; ahh nightmare! I hope they turn up soon :grr:

Just used them and their fab :thumbup: their big so I can fold em and get more wipes out of them! Gone with the cotton wool fluff left round his bits lmao

:rofl: you still wanting some of those WAHM wipes from US?? i'm contacting her about Whole sale for my Web so if/when i put in an order i can get some for you at the same time hun ??

sara

xxxxxxxx

Oh my word.... I just literally put my finger on what they were unable to deliver the other day due to my letter box being too small, I never expected it to be a free sample Coffee flavoured Baileys Mini :shrug::dohh:

I was expecting it was a parcel of some sort no never thought to check the pack the baileys came in for redelivery info until I picked it up whilst considering drinking it LOL!

How on earth that didn't fit in my letterbox I'll never know but now I'm gutted it wasn't the Flips....... where oh where are they???

I was thinking Jayleigh, you say he is dairy intolerant, what about lactose intolerance? Lactose is in breastmilk too, I don't know what you can do about it, I'm off to look some stuff up, see if I can find anything for you.

Well forget about that, lol, found some stuff and it sounds all wrong. Will keep thinking, not much else I can do, wish I could help in some way :hugs:

Sara, yeah I'd love some, BUT I can't afford them atm which is why I haven't sorted them out yet :(

Kirsten, my brother is lactose intolerant which was the reason I tried cutting dairy first, but surely if he was lactose intolerant it would mean he would be sick still with BF? I've been thinking about it the last couple days and I'm not sure :shrug: but not having the laptop has meant searching is such a hassle on the tiny ipod screen. Now we have a new laptop I will spend some time tonight having a research

Booh im still waiting for a couple of packages too and no sign yet!!!!
Im hoping they will arrive today finally! I need new Fluff :dohh:

Kirsten, my brother is lactose intolerant which was the reason I tried cutting dairy first, but surely if he was lactose intolerant it would mean he would be sick still with BF? I've been thinking about it the last couple days and I'm not sure :shrug: but not having the laptop has meant searching is such a hassle on the tiny ipod screen. Now we have a new laptop I will spend some time tonight having a research

Yeah I dunno, when I looked it up (I looked on kellymom and an australian site), it said it would cause him to have greeny poos and colicky symptoms, and you never mentioned green poos so that can't be right. I just thought of it as I remembered hearing about it somewhere and thought I'd look it up. I'm dairy intolerant too, I won't let them test Freya but she won't be having any milk for a while either.

I just can't think of anything else as to why he gets so upset :(.

Maybe try cutting out all dairy.. (ive been minimizing it heaps!) but have been slack yesterday and i wonder if i did make a difference before..

They have loads of rice replacers like rice mil soy etc.. i dread to think how it tastes but hey ho.. maybe it will work.. ill definitely try it if Cole doesnt get better in 1-2 days

I only drink soya milk, which is what Freya has, I use it in cooking now too. I don't think I will give her dairy til after she is 1, if that. I think oat milk tastes ok too, bit better than rice milk. I think oat milk is meant to be really good for you too or something? Always a bonus! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->