~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

:rofl: it takes a full 4 days for dairy to get out of your system but we use so much dairy in our house that it's gonna be hard for me to give it up completely though i know it is better.. normal dairy is so overrated... not nearly as healthy as being made out to be.. though i luvv my custard and full cream yogurt and chocomilk etc..

Not to mention chocolate which is a big no no in colicky baby's apparently.. :dohh:

have your nappies still not come sam????

No they havent :(, i have my hopes up they will arrive today finally but to be honest ive been thinking that for the last 3 days :rofl:

bloody useless postie! When did you send them? Like 2,5 weeks ago now or something?

Maybe try cutting out all dairy.. (ive been minimizing it heaps!) but have been slack yesterday and i wonder if i did make a difference before..

They have loads of rice replacers like rice mil soy etc.. i dread to think how it tastes but hey ho.. maybe it will work.. ill definitely try it if Cole doesnt get better in 1-2 days

I cut out dairy about a month and a half ago, we have soya everything lol even a dairy free cheese called sheese!

Kirsten, his poo's were slightly greeny, not majorly though. Since I cut out dairy his poo's are more chicken tikka masala colour LOL and his projectile vomiting after every feed has stopped. I did post about it in the BF section in November as my HV was moaning when he was 4mo that he wasn't gaining enough weight and that I should bottle feed him and wean him at 4mo blah blah

Maybe try cutting out all dairy.. (ive been minimizing it heaps!) but have been slack yesterday and i wonder if i did make a difference before..

They have loads of rice replacers like rice mil soy etc.. i dread to think how it tastes but hey ho.. maybe it will work.. ill definitely try it if Cole doesnt get better in 1-2 days

I cut out dairy about a month and a half ago, we have soya everything lol even a dairy free cheese called sheese!

Kirsten, his poo's were slightly greeny, not majorly though. Since I cut out dairy his poo's are more chicken tikka masala colour LOL and his projectile vomiting after every feed has stopped. I did post about it in the BF section in November as my HV was moaning when he was 4mo that he wasn't gaining enough weight and that I should bottle feed him and wean him at 4mo blah blah

Just a quick question, did he projectile up quite a bit or little bits? Cole is starting to projectile up his milk after feeds but not a lot of it thank god... his poo's however have been mainly tikki masala though :dohh:

I wonder if i should go back to the gp as he said to come back if it doesnt ease and he'd prescribe something for reflux.. i am not sure if he has it though as i dont know what is normal for a baby to spit up and what not.

As for the dairy, my god good going, i will miss the cheese haha, have you guys thought about a wheat intolerance.. im ean if he stil is this hard on the soy then you maybe able to cut out the dairy intolerance?

yeah sam it was something like that...i think it was just before new year?? actually i think it was about 2-3 days before so its been a while now:nope: i cant believe it has taken this long. i sent yours at the same time as i sent Jayleigh's and she recieved them about 2 days later or so ... i know there have been snow delays but this is takin the pee :hissy: so so sorry its taking so long hunny

sorry but :rofl:@sheese!!!!:haha:

any bubs feeling any better tonight?? really hope so

sara

xx

yeah sam it was something like that...i think it was just before new year?? actually i think it was about 2-3 days before so its been a while now:nope: i cant believe it has taken this long. i sent yours at the same time as i sent Jayleigh's and she recieved them about 2 days later or so ... i know there have been snow delays but this is takin the pee :hissy: so so sorry its taking so long hunny

sorry but :rofl:@sheese!!!!:haha:

any bubs feeling any better tonight?? really hope so

sara

xx

Hmm wonder if it was the snow or if it's just NZ! I mean i can see it now, immigration checking the package and thinking why the hell does anyone need second hand diapers, it's a health hazard :rofl:

I remember my moms Christmas package taking so long and when i finally got it thy had opened it and it said biosecurity checked.. :dohh: only to find a massive load of stuffy's and baby gro's :haha:

sarah, Halen has been better tonight :happydance: he went bed at 8.20pm no fuss! woke up at about 9.15 crying but settled back off with NO BOOBY!! normally he demands to be fed back to sleep but tonight he settled for a blanket (we're trying to see if a snug will help him sleep by himself in the day) and a dummy :yipee: he's just woke up now, OH is trying to settle him

Sam, we thought about wheat but I'm not sure how to go about it! Everything has wheat in it!

sarah, Halen has been better tonight :happydance: he went bed at 8.20pm no fuss! woke up at about 9.15 crying but settled back off with NO BOOBY!! normally he demands to be fed back to sleep but tonight he settled for a blanket (we're trying to see if a snug will help him sleep by himself in the day) and a dummy :yipee: he's just woke up now, OH is trying to settle him

Sam, we thought about wheat but I'm not sure how to go about it! Everything has wheat in it!

True, it's a big pain, the Osteopath actually recommended me trying it if dairy doesnt work..Thats the hard part about BF! You cant just switch to a different formula! And you cant try the formula as otherwise your supply wll drop grrr..

Awesome about the bedtime thing!!! Dh managed to get LO to sleep yesterday with a pram ride (he had been awake for ages and even with the boob wouldnt drift off...) Which is the first time since ages :thumbup:

Man this baby thing is the hardest thing i have ever done!

I remember my mum and her friends telling me its so hard having a baby and I laughed at them and said how hard can it be :nope: I was so so deluded!!

Sounds like everybody's having a hard time at the moment :hugs: to everybody that needs them. Hope everybody's feeling better soon (and getting some sleep!) Leyla's had an off-colour few days too but I think it's just a cold (I have a stinker of a cold too).

Yesterday, every single cloth nappy I put on her leaked - two itti AIOs, a tots bots easy fit, a smart nappy and even a normally bomb-proof pop-in :growlmad: Eventually I gave in and put her in a disposable (an eco one but still yukky). I've just put a load of nappies in and I'm stripping them, though I don't know if that's what it is cos they all leaked out of the top at the back :shrug:

To make things even worse, I've put a ban on myself buying more fluff :cry: I have a huge overdraft and I need to pay it off before my maternity allowance ends so all my spare money is going into that. I'm putting £2.50 a week into a pot though and when I have enough, I'm allowed to buy a nappy :happydance:

Hi ladies,

How is everyone? It's quite in here! Hope everyones babies are ok now?

JL hows halen?

Kirsten - Freya any better?

Sam how's cole getting on?

Sara; dare i ask if you had anything exciting this morning? I spoke to the woman at the PO the other day and she told me some areas are more backed up at the moment than they were at xmas. She just advised me to hold on to the receipt which i have filed away for safe keeping. :hugs:

:nope: still no fluff..tho i did get my soap nuts days ago ???? i'm going to the sorting office if they're not here tomorrow and gonna play holy hell!

Hellooo, I thought Freya was a bit better this morning, but she was sick this afternoon so :shrug: I spoke to some friends that live round here this morning and they have all had it this week, but it lasted about 24 hours for their babies, why is lasting so long for Freya? She has had it 6 days now, and still can't keep formula down, I'm having to make it half water and half formula, which isn't good.

:cry: I hate it.

Hope you got some good post Sara!

oh no poor poor Freya..have you spoke to HV? 6 days is a while..has Jake got rid of it ? have you got any of it?? :hugs:

Jikes, 6 days is quite a while.. have you called the GP?

Cole is still grizzly, he is okay for a few min after his sleep and then it all starts over again, not to mention getting him to bed is such a mission.. :nope:

I hope the Osteopath can work some magic again the next time we go, which unfortunately is still 5 days away :(

Once he is asleep he sleeps quite long (like 3-4 hours) but in between those sleeps he is just cranky all the time and we have to really work to keep him from crying..

Anyhow, no mail for me either yesterday, it is saturday today so the last day i can expect something till next week... :growlmad:

I got Cole a Orange itti too which im still waiting for.. yay Orange, color of my home country LOL maybe that ll cheer him up!

Yeah I spoke to GP yesterday, just got to wait for it to go really. Nothing we can do. Jake is better, just worn out from it. My mum still has it though. I am ok, I had it last year so apparently I might be a bit immune from it. She wasn't sick last night, so hopefully (I have said this so many times :lol:) she is on the up. I don't even want to think about how much weight she has lost, she's going to have to do some serious eating to catch up!

I haven't tried my soap nuts yet (lots of hot soapy washes because of sick needed :haha:) have you tried them Sara? Do you like them?

Yay, i got my orange itti in the mail toda, though no sign of my other 3 packages.. :growlmad: funny because i bought the itti last!

Cole has been a nightmare to get to sleep, ive just spend about 2 hours on my bed with him trying to get him off.. he ate a bit then started crying for no reason then stopped again, drifts off then wakes again with sudden movement *he is swaddled and wedged!

It's so bloody hot too in the room (26 degrees) and he is sweating like crazy but f i take his swaddle off he wont go to sleep at all! I have the fan on but i is pointed away as otherwise that will wake him up too.. sight..

i'm quite impressed do far Kirsten....i have used them for about 6-7 washes now and so far so good :) i out a fresh lot of nuts in y'day with a load of nappies (one of hich was minging with one hell of an explosive poo) and it too 99% of the stain out ...:thubmup: i was v impressed with that :)

i'm quite impressed do far Kirsten....i have used them for about 6-7 washes now and so far so good :) i out a fresh lot of nuts in y'day with a load of nappies (one of hich was minging with one hell of an explosive poo) and it too 99% of the stain out ...:thubmup: i was v impressed with that :)

I liked them too... until I kept forgetting to take them out before tumble drying and now they're a crumbly mess :wacko: Good job I only got a samle (loved the cool little bag they sent) cos I don't think I'll keep using them unless I get a better memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->