~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Hi purple sorry i forgot to say it in my other post :blush: i don't use disposable liners but do use the reusable fleece ones and they are brilliant :thumbup:

Twiglet we aren't to far from b'ham really so get your bottom down here :haha: it would be lovely to meet you.

Bekki defo in the summer it'll be brill, my dh is into mountain biking cross country so he can take his bike and sod off round the park whilst us girls catch up and the kids play :thumbup:

I've invested in some disposable liners purely because since fully transitioning to cloth Cassidy seems to poop alot more! Twice a day some days now lol!

Got my mother popping round tomorrow, see what she's got to say for herself!!

She messaged me on FB asking if she can come round and that she had cream eggs :shrug:

Can I just ask what people find is the best preventative cream/balm to stop redness on babies bottoms? I've noticed Cassidy getting a little red and I want to stop nappy rash in it's tracks! Any ideas??
:hugs:

Breast milk is brill for a red bottom, a bit rubbed on stops it getting any further, if not i use either motanium if it is sore or a bit of nappy off time as much as possible if need be but the breast milk really does work.

Cream eggs WTF does she think lo will be munching them? lol i can see it "ooo i'll have a cream egg and 5 mins on the boob" big :hugs: to you hun, get on here or msn to me for a rant afters if you want but who knows it may all go ok. :hugs:

Disposable liners are pretty useless for me as his poo's go straight through them, they will be good when his poos area a bit more solid..

As for nappy rash, the only thing that helped LO was oily cream... prescibed by my midwife.. probably similar to vaseline or something.. though completely white..
If his bum gets red i use it once or twice and he is fine again!

I only use cloth wipes though, water, tea tree oil and abit of baby oil in the water..

Breastmilk is a good one too :)

I dont use anything, I let her go around showing her bum off :lol:

Woo Dee I will defo organise something soon! :D Twill be lovely to see other fluffy bum mum's etc.

Yeah I have plenty of fleecy liners too, do you want me to send you some of the hour glass ones I have in your package purple?! :)

I want more flips! Thinking maybe I'll buy some more on wednesday and then some more inserts as I love them soso much. Used to be an AIO strictly person but these have converted me tehe!

I will try the breast milk and air time I think, thanks ladies! I did give her some air time yesterday and we got piddle everywhere even with a towel down!

As for my mother, I've offered to explain to her about cloth nappies, I tried explaining to her about the different types and she said she didn't understand, back in her day it was just Terrys, although I keep forgetting that she did actually look after me back then!

I'm so tempted to go shopping right now, it's crazy how I have so many nappies now and still think I haven't got enough!! Perhaps it's just I haven't got enough of the ones I really like? x

Bekki! That's exactly how I feel! Then I find a new favourite! :lol:

Good luck with your mum tomorrow! I'm lucky that my mum loves the new CD's tehe!

Evening ladies! First day in the flips has gone really well, no leaks at all though I did change every 2 hours as I only washed them twice before use. I have popped her in a disposable tonight though just to be on the safe side.

I cant wait for the ittis I ordered to arrive, though the flips have been fab so far I cant wait to see her in a 'pretty' one lol.

I will upload some piccies soon, I cant find my camera cable at the moment.

Had our first full day of re useables. We used a flip and naughty baby (i think thats the name) and no leaks, though she spent alot of the day kicking about without a nappy on as she has a bit of a sore bum. She is in one from babi pur, dri nite something. (i really need to learn the names lol) tonight. She leaks through her pampers every night anyway so if she leaks through then wont be much different lol

Donna - yea i'll order you a moo itti, am just doing it now actually, they're only medium though?

If anyone else wants one speak now :laugh2:

Purple - welcome and good luck! yea use fleece liners :thumbup:

Sk- :happydance: glad to hear went ok, good luck tonight :thumbup:

Medium itti's are 14-27lbs approx

My bubbas getting a bit cuddly, even the one sizes seem snug on her, or perhaps it's the way I'm putting them on :shrug:

I think I'll go get her weighed this week, would like a more accurate reading because according to the bathroom scales she weighs more than 20lb which can't be right surely:nope:

Anyone know what causes excessive thirst? Would it be possible to still get dehydrated from breastfeeding almost 6 months down the line? I'm ruddy parched!!

x

Thirst can be from feeding still, I'm coming down with a cold though aswell and i;ve been drinking heaps. Is it a thirst like dry mouth or like something else?

My LO is 23lbs at almost 16 months but she is a bit of a skinny mini :blush:

Donna nnnnnnnooooooooo you are going to make me cry, Harley is in larges as he is 26lb the little chunker :cry: i'm off to sulk now :growlmad: i need a large moo and i need it now haha.

Does anyone want to go halves on a flip order as i have an 10% code as i have just reviewed some nappies and want another :blush:

Bekki i still get really bad thirsts 11 months down the line with bf'ing, Is cassidy going through a growth spurt as that could affect you as well.

:rofl: I'll have a look but they pretty few and far between :blush:

Could i be so thirsty cos im still leaking milk like a milk machine?? im FF but im leaking LOADS.. n very thirsty!

quite possibly. You should maybe have your blood sugars checked too?

Ladies i know you will all love me but i've found itti's for £10 look https://www.craftynclothy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_29_74_89&products_id=566

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->