~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Well, it's started. The hiding nappies from my husband, I mean. I suppose that means I'm officially an addict. :blush: He knows I got 2 flips the other day, but not that I ordered 2 more yesterday, or that after hearing fillyourpants now have the organic ones, I'm considering ordering another couple. :argh: I will tell him...just not all at once. I'll probably be selling some of my stash in the next few days, as I've already accumulated too much and the council has finally come through re their their real nappy scheme so I'll be selling some of the preloved as I'll now have new versions. Maybe I'll tell him about the extra flips once I've sold some. :haha:

Congrats to those NTNP, and I feel for you, Sarah, trying to cope with early pregnancy with a toddler in tow. We'd definitely like a sibling for this little boy, but I had hyperemesis with this pregnancy and the thought of going through that again scares me. I could barely take care of myself, let alone a LO. :nope: Still, plenty of time to think about it all. I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. :dohh:

Sam, I'm sorry to hear your still having so much trouble with Cole's sleeping and reflux. I have to admit it scares me a bit to read it. I keep telling myself we're going to have an easy, happy baby to stop myself worrying in advance. I figure we'll deal with whatever comes up at the time, and worrying about what may or may not be in advance definitely won't help. I really hope you manage to find a way through soon though - you must be completely exhausted and frustrated. :hugs:

Jayleigh, do you think the osteopathy has helped Halen at all? It sounds as if he may be doing a little bit better? :shrug:

Donna (Dee), still thinking of you and your loss, sweetie. How are you feeling these days? :hugs:

Quick question about the weenotions night notions ladies, it says they need a wrap yet they come in some beautiful designs, why get a gorgeous nappy to only have to go and cover it up? Or am I missing something??

X

Yeah, I remember looking at their site and thinking the prettiness seemed redundant for the night nappies. :shrug:

Well, it's started. The hiding nappies from my husband, I mean. I suppose that means I'm officially an addict. :blush:

It's all down hill from there I'm afraid. My OH told me the other day that he wants to buy me an eternity ring and my first thought was that I could use the money for nappies instead :rofl: Think I have a little problem, though I could stop at any time, if I wanted to... which I don't!

I dreamt about nappies last night :wacko:

I'm so tempted with another organic flip but I already bought myself a set and went halfsies with Donna! :haha:

Pink please. :flower: That way I can say to OH it was a gift hehe! :)

He only likes me buying neutral because of our next but I figure I can just use them as night time nappies for the next O=]

Halen has a pink naughty baby nappy and a purple one (thanks to Sara :D )
He doesn't mind wearing them :haha:

Sara, congrats on NTNP!! I'm not jealous at all :coffee::haha:

I ordered a disana tie the other day, are they as good as people say?

Cheers babe :) i havent actually tried the Tie on yet...i wanna use them with the Woolies so i'm waiting fot that to dry before i use them....dont think that will be any time soon tho....its still really wet...i'm too scared to put it in my airing cupboard incase i shrink it !LOL.....

well Rob is at work, Daisy is napping (hoping it will be a long one as she only slept about 5-6 hours last night :hissy:) what can i do with my time........hmm....... NAPPY SHOPPING!!!!:yipee:

oh and as for little boys wearing pink......to quote a very wise lady "wont make his willy drop off" LOL .... if we have a boy next time round it will be wearing Daisy's pink nappies.....we wont be showing them off (damn - we will have to buy lots of lovely blue nappies for that!!:dohh:) but i really dont see the problem in them wearing pinks etc:)

Yep exactly what my point is...but Liam is fine with Caitlyn wearing blue nappies...so if we have a boy he can wear pink :D

Gah, the last few nights Caitlyn's been waking every hour....for a chat.

And right now is refusing to nap so I've put her in her chair and am attempting to ignore her, which she's finding funny, she normally is napping anything from 10:00 - 11:00 :dohh:

oh Daisy isn't waking to chat...she has a feed then screams - and when i say scream i mean full on making herself sick yelling!!!! i was up from about 1.30 till 5.30 with her clawing at me and yelling on...absolutely NOTHING would soothe her ! :dohh: i really dont know what it is......she wasnt really interested in food, just wanted cuddles (only if i was standing up, if we put her in bed with us she refused to sleep) she eventually went off with us at about 6 ish .... i dont think we have ever had such a bad night with her (even as a newborn)

Hope Caitlyn goes off for you...Dasiy is awake now and sitting chewing on Sophie la giraffe....oh well i got 20 mins peace!!!

WHY DONT THEY COME WITH A MANUAL??? :dohh:

someone might have by accident just bought a Moo Moo itti to cheer myself up ....whoops !!!

Ladies i need help can one of you but not sara or bekki as he knows you 2 on here lol send me a message saying something like hi hun have the nappies got to you yet that i sent blah blah blah and also that you have put bekki's in mine by mistake so could i please forwad it to her.
Dh is onto me and i need help lol.

Tehe on the Moomoo! :lol:

She's gone and I got my moses basket back today and have put her in that for a nap! She fills it now!

I've just looked at my stash and I'm not allowed anymore till I get rid of some :dohh:

I'll do it Donna! Want me to do it on here? Or is it on FB you need it?

Edit: and does that mean the flips came!? :happydance: I'm having to forward all of my nappies to my mums as Liam's getting suspicious of all my spending :blush:

Oh no, what's with all the non sleeping bubbas?? Cassidy has been a nightmare the last few nights waking 5 or 6 times for a feed and I am super shattered!!

I went to the HV today to get Cassidy weighed and she now weighs 19lb 1oz!!

The HV said she is extremely long too but they are not worried because her dad is 6ft 10! She also said that her weight is tailing off the line a bit so I need to start her on solids. I mentioned that I'd like to do BLW and her reaction was shocking!

She said 'Oh no, she needs proper food, she needs to be getting more calories' :shrug:

She then said that Cassidy should now have 2 meals a day now she's 6 months old :shrug:

I also put her right on that, I said she's 5 months 4 weeks and 1 day old as there is more than 4 weeks in a month so not quite 6 months yet :haha:
She didn't like me correcting her very much and perhaps I shouldn't have but given her negativity on the BLW I felt she needed putting in her place LOL

On a good note, she said I should give myself a pat on the back for doing well with the breast feeding (which I did) and also praised me on the cloth nappies, saying very loudly in a room full of disposable users 'Everyone should be doing that' :haha:

She also said that Cassidy has more teeth than most 12month olds they see!

So that's my update on todays HV appointment, how is everyone else today??
:hugs:

awwww thats great bkki....well on the good bits anyhoo !!! HV's all say that so just ignore the bad bits hun :hugs: dont worry about her tailing off a line a little...it is absolutely normal :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

Woo on the weight and the teeth!

As for eating, aren;t they meant to be pushing for us to be holding out till 6 months!? Oh aren't they lovely these HV's...I hate mine and skipped my appointment with her about weaning :haha:

Caitlyn's 18lbs 7oz now...a whole 2oz gain in 2 weeks :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->