~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

you dissolve the lanolin in hot water if im correct.. then soak the wool in there... the lanolin will then attach itself to the wool giving it a waterproof coating when dry :)

Sam...i prefer Nippas for that kinda thing....i would have sent you one but i only have one and i still use it !! ...so pleased they are all working out for you hun :happydance: hope things work out for you with Cole hun, hopefully things will settle soon :hugs:

Bekki - cant wait to hear about your neice:)

Claire - you can get wool wraps instead of PUL (the plasticy stuff) but you have to Lanolise them to make them waterproof....wool is great cos it lets their skin breathe (and looks uber cute!)

sara
xxxxxxx

lol yeah hun, they are self cleaning.....its not actually the nappy that is wool its the wraps:)

I think you only wash them every couple of months or so.. and they shouldnt smell as the lanolin gives a protective barrier to the wool that repels it

As far as i am aware you use them over a fitted though? I dont think it is only wool used on baby's bum!

I'm thinking of getting some bright bots terrys for when my longies are done. Nothing cuter than a terry'd bottom, specially when it's bright coloured terrys!

Dye them Jayleigh!!! i got loads of white ones and dyed them BRIGHT pink!! look soo osweet tho they are getin a little on the small side now..think i;m gonna have to source some bigger ones!

sara

xxxxxx

Well I'm back home tucked up in bed using my phone and I have to say my niece is gorrrgeous! :cloud9: She's so tiny it made me realise how big Cassidys gotton!

Had a lovely evening until I got home and checked my FB, my dads gone all fruit and nut again trying to get me to learn the ways of Jehovah :wacko:

I will post the message he sent me tomorrow when I get on the laptop and also the reply I sent. The man does my nut in sometimes, so glad I never gave him my address!

What I wouldn't give for a normal set of parents, sometimes I wish they would have just put us up for adoption then leave us to rott in the care system, stupid me for feeling guilty for moving and not telling him and now I remember why I did!

X

Hi ladies :wave: how we doin? Not been round much today, thurs are busy work days :cry: Hows everyone been?

Bekki- aww you do forget how big the LO's get don't u? A friend was showing me a piccy of her niece the other day and she's teeny!! as for parents - aww hunny :hugs:

Just nipped downstairs to post that conversation.

Bare in mind my dad flips back and forth to jehovahs witnesses every few months or so.

Ronald Lewis 28 January at 18:51
Hello Bekki, Just to let you know that I think I know how you feel about me and my involvement with Jehovah's Witnessess. And I thought you should know that I deeply regret not raising you as I should have done, so that you might appreciate the truth about Jehovah. And that is why I struggled to be a parent when you came back into my life. I do hope that one day you might wish to learn about Jehovah, but if you don't then it is better now that you be allowed to have your own life without me. If you think that I can help you with what I know, at any point in the future then my phone number is (I edited out his number). I do wish you happiness, and I shall always think of you. But other than what I believe I cannot think of anything that I can offer you that you cannot obtain for yourself. Love Dad xxx PS/ I will go back to the witnessess because I believe it is the only genuine hope this world has got. I would appreciate acknowledgement of this message.

And my response:

Bekki Mumster Lewis 28 January at 21:51
I understand you have to do what you have to do, but I'm sorry that I have not now nor will I ever want to be a jehovahs witness. I'm sorry that you seem to have again made a choice to pick religion over your children rather than balancing both equally. If you are feeling down again there are other things than jehovahs witnesses that can help you. If your faith was as strong as you believe it to be right now you would not be hopping back and forth. I just wish you would consider the possibilty that your behaviour isn't normal and seek guidance from someone other than Jehovah to sort out the issues you have. I have admitted that I am having problems but the difference is I don't try and hide from it by becoming religious when I am low. Sometimes it takes straight talk to get someone to wake up and I know I will get the same response 'i mean it this time' but the thing is you never do so I can never take what you say seriously! I do love you Dad but I think it is very selfish for you to basically say I have to choose Jehovah or never to see you again. A person with true faith will never make a person choose like that!
This is exactly the reason I didn't want you to know where I live because that message would have been sent to my home.
I look forward to seeing you again when you are back off the jehovahs witness bandwagon!

X

oh my gosh i don't even know what to say to that! Your response is written well though :hugs: :hugs:

Your response is well written, well done hun :hugs:

I had a Jehovah come to my door the other day and tell me the world was gonna end...and I was going to die...whilst I was holding Caitlyn...I was not a fan tbh :wacko:

Still no AF but have some mild cramps! We shall see!

I've had to put up with letters like that all my life, that's why I moved and didn't tell him!

That message was pretty ordinary, he normally tells me how Armageddon is upon us etc etc and that I was living in sin! He even tried to dupe me into becoming a jehovahs witness on visits when I was very small! He'd tell me how great it was and me just being happy to see him went along with it because I thought it was the only way I'd be able to see him!

I so want to delete him off FB but am frightened he'll do something daft!

Could you keep him and then make all your statuses etc private to everyone but him?

I have hobnobs now btw Sara :haha:

Yeah I may aswell do that, I give it about a day until he decides to deactivate his account because it's offensive to Jehovah!

I want some hobnobs!!!

if you click ignore on fb does that remove him from your list too?

teehee i had one of them new (ish) hobnob vanilla creams today :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->