~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

thanks guys, where can i get one? shes 6 weeks 2morrow so ill get one soon and try it out.

ill try keep up with everyone now, im nearly finished 6th lot of antibiotics, thankk god!hopefully start to recover fully from all that went on. Doc gave me the ok to drive today :yipee:

Ava slept 2am -10am! she was fussy from 1am i dunno what was wrong she was in pain but mi guessing her tummy.. she had no wind tho?

everyone managing to curb their spending on nappies?? hehe, i seem to always reach for itti's first,

Does everyone use a clothing size up for the LO's? her 0-3 vests are soo tight with a nappy on but with a sposie theyre too big.. should i take out some 3-6 ones for when shes in nappies? ive yet to put her in a real nappy and leave the house.. im scared she poops and im out! what do i do? x

Aww hun how fast has that gone??? Bless him!

I had to strip mine the other day, they stunk afterwards still so I did an empty machine on 90, then my nappies in at 90 with a good cup full of white vinegar. Still came out a bit stinky! Our BG's are 3rd hand so I'm guessing after 3 kids weeing in them, their just a bit saturated. I read on the cloth nappy tree to add lavender or tea tree to the strip wash, so will try it next time.

Does everyone use a clothing size up for the LO's? her 0-3 vests are soo tight with a nappy on but with a sposie theyre too big.. should i take out some 3-6 ones for when shes in nappies? ive yet to put her in a real nappy and leave the house.. im scared she poops and im out! what do i do? x

We don't but Halen is teeny, hes 7mo and only went into 3-6 full time about 2 weeks ago, he was in a mix of 0-3 and 3-6 from about 5mo.

If you look on most nappy websites, they sell vest extenders, which make them longer on the groin so you get more wear from them x

And as for pooing when she's out I just wrap Halen nappy up really tightly (we don't use disposable liners, if you do, just flush em) then put them in the wash bag and chuck the whole thing, nappies and wash bag on a rinse cycle so get the poo out, then put em back in the nappy bucket to wash as normal. I then just dry my wash bag (unless its got poo on, which isnt often, then I wash it with the nappies on a full wash) and put it back in my changing bag

ooh yeh vest extenders. i had heard of them but forgot, i have a bunch of vests i dunno whether just worth using them to save money but i dont want them to be massive at the neck/arms. ill try one out and see how it is x

thanks guys, where can i get one? shes 6 weeks 2morrow so ill get one soon and try it out.

ill try keep up with everyone now, im nearly finished 6th lot of antibiotics, thankk god!hopefully start to recover fully from all that went on. Doc gave me the ok to drive today :yipee:

:hugs:

Ava slept 2am -10am! she was fussy from 1am i dunno what was wrong she was in pain but mi guessing her tummy.. she had no wind tho?

everyone managing to curb their spending on nappies?? hehe, i seem to always reach for itti's first,

Amber? I sell them, necklaces and got a bracelet in at min too :blush: :laugh:

Good news about the docs!

Well done ava, the first few solid nights sleep are bliss aren't they :cloud9:

Haha i haven't had a new nappy for a little while, the handful of new BB's i got kind of saw to that but I'm browsing. Unfortunatly I know our cloth days are gradually coming to an end :cry:

I've never needed larger clothing but thats because my LO's diddy really anyway but you can buy vest extenders as previously said.

When out all i do is take a wet bag out with me and drop wet nappies in there and dirty nappies go in a nappy sack in the bag so I know to sort it when i get home.

I don't use vest extenders as i find vests wick so i just use an extra t'shirt most of the time, but we also do use the next size up in clothes but mr h is a big boy and is in 12-18 month cloes with or without fluff.
I got h's necklace off ebay i've got 2 now and we love them, i think i payed around \37 for the last one i got.

I just typed a MASSIVE post and Cassidy managed to delete the lot with her foot :dohh:

Ok here goes, again LOL

I sorted through Cassidys clothes today and have a load to sell on. Just have to take photos when the camera battery is charged and then put them up! I must be coming down with something, could it be nappy fever? :haha:

Donna hunny, I am pleased something I have said has helped you, I'm here for you if you ever need me :hugs:

As for the blw, she ate the potato but then threw the plate with the vegetables on the floor and proceeded to gag on the last bit of potato she had in her hand! She seemed to enjoy it though, especially the throwing the plate part LOL

I kept the kids home from school today because I discovered headlice and the school had the nerve to ring me and say it would be going on record as an unauthorised absence because the education authority doesn't consider headlice a good enough reason to keep your kids off. :growlmad:

I told them, well sorry if I choose not to use crappy 10 minute stuff that still leaves things crawling. :growlmad:

So that's it from me for now, I think :haha:

Love to you all
:hugs:

what! you can keep your kids off for whatever reason you see fit! stupid admin at the school!

Ava's fell asleep in the moby :)

I will check out your amber things now lilbump.. i have no pennies atm tho :(

As if! In a way you think they would be pleased you hadn't risked taking headlice in to school but i also know how they work and attendance records all go towards the schools end of year report. Unauthorised absences don't look good though so i am surprised they said that tbh!

Well if they give me any crap over it I'm going to pull them out of that school!

I'm off to google it now to see what I come up with!!

Help me find a new kitty! :haha: I want one! Am willing to pay up to £50 [my engagement money I haven't spent yet and am not allowed to buy nappies with it :hissy: ] but I reallyreallyreally need a new pet :blush:

Dont tell Liam yet though :rofl:

Dee yeah I said might as well wait for the other eh? Saves on postage :happydance:

Morning girls!

Cole i already wearing the amber necklace at 8 weeks.. you never know i thought he might benefit from it seeing as he 's got plenty of issues :)

Until now it has made little difference, but i think you have to wear it for quite a while..

Sara - sorry to hear Daisy's got thrush! Cole had it in his first weeks and it took bloody ages to clear, he was in sposies then so not to big a deal..

Twigs - Hope next cycle will bring you more luck ;) :dust:, you girls will all me leaving me and go to the pregnancy threads!

I think the market here in NZ can use some more cute nappies.. it's mostly fuzzibuns etc that sell here... i was thinking of getting a few pretty ones (maybe weenotions etc.) that arent easily available, that way they should sell and otherwise if not i can keep them for myself LOL

With the home made stuff you girls have been talking about! I could stock those too :wohoo:

Alright enough about that now, ill kindly take up your advice and PM you seeing that an unknown sorce said you are lovely to talk too LOL

Apparently Cole has given the MIL a very hard time last night.. he still is a bit cranky..
I got some other nappies that dotn fit him at all so ill probably put them up for sale..They are like fuzzibuns but one is home made (black) and one is a Honeychild in orange.... and still got that newborn nappy available too girls!!!

Noo Sam I'm stuck here, not "allowed" to TTC or NTNP hmpf!!

Bekki, try giving her food on just her highchair tray rather than a plate, Halen just flings the plate and then eats nothing, but if theres no plate, he will eat. Don't worry about the gagging, shes just experimenting how much she can fit in her mouth and how far back she can put it. Halen has only ever choked once, and it made him spew up straight away.

Twig - you can have my kitten, he's crazy!! I put down a deposit for a new chinchilla yesterday, OH didn't know what to buy me for my bday so I suggested a chin as I wanted another one anyway. I love new pets! I'm looking at leopard geckos as we got a free 2ftx2ft tank with our 4ftx2ft bearded dragon tank as they messed me around for weeks after it turned up broken

God i fed Cole last night at 3 and he started chocking on the breast, next thing i knew the while feed came up all over the duvet and floor and of course me.. it was like a waterfall!!!

im also currently working on DH to get this babybjorn active carrier (it's $250 though :dohh: ):
https://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/39/118032839_full.jpg

Aww hun :hugs: we've had that loads, and wee all over the bed at stupid oclock at night

I've never had a bjorn, though I hear bad things about them not bein supportive enough so causing back ache?

I need help!! Should I order two more flips with organic inserts whilst the bogof is still on or should I save my pennies for something else? (I am currently using flips and itti snaps)

hmm thats not good.. i thought they were suppose to be very supportive of the back!
I have been using my sling and it is getting a bit to small for Cole now.. not to mention my shoulder feels like it's about to fall off afterward..

Ive got another wrap carrier but it is not supportive for his head and his legs seem to be cut off sitting in it too :(

Dh & I generally go to beach & forest to walk our dogs for an hour and i cant take the pram there.. what would be a good carrier ?!

A moby would be good as there are a number of different holds all available on their website and you can adjust it so that their little heads are supported. x

Stretchy wraps are good, like a moby wrap or a close carrier, I find my woven is very supportive now I can actually use it, wraps are good as you can tuck a newborns head underneath the shoulder fabric. If you don't fancy wrapping there is soft structured carriers like a Mai Tei, or if you don't want to be tying up straps theres the buckle versions like Connecta. There are ring slings, but I can't comment on them, I had one home-made one and it killed my shoulder x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->