~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

JL; :hugs:

Bekki; You need to strip wash, full scoop of detergent, hot wash (60+) and then keep rinsing until all bubbles go.

I just wrote a long message only for it to be deleted stupid work PC's!!

P.S we have hot water again woop :happydance:

LL- my Oh was the same, now he sits and helps me pick them!

Well thanks to thelilbump whos gonna go halves with me on the flip nappies, I'm going to have one to try out! Haven't told the OH but what he doesn't know won't hurt him! haha

Bekki, you can do like TLB says, but I find that doesn't get the smell out as well as what I tried last week, I do an empty 90 wash, its the hottest my machine will go or I'd do a 100 ha ha, so not detergent or garments in the machine, then I do a 90 wash with full detergent and loooooads of white vinegar in the fabric softner drawer and nappies, then I do a 60 wash with no detergent, just nappies and vinegar and then finally,I do a 40 wash with no vinegar or detergent. Takes me a whole day and god knows how much leccy, but it means my nappies smell lovely x

yeah mu DH was a bit skeptical to begin with too LOL

i always wash my nappies on long wash in hot water with vinegar.. but my washin machine is a bit weird (doesnt do cold!)

Also they always come out stained no matter what i do though it does dissapear again in the sun.. please tell me thats normal :rofl:

I think i may need to whiten those inserts soon :blush:, Sara did you go through with bleaching your inserts?

My OH was sceptical at first but now he likes picking them with me :happydance: and speaking of dyed inserts...I've dyed nearly all of mine pink :blush: i don't know how tho there was nothing pink in the wash. x

Sam I've bleached my inserts loads before and their fine, just make sure you rinse it all out, yeah its normal for his poo to stain then the sun bleach it out. Halen's doesn't stain anymore now he's bigger, but until he was about 4mo it did x

My OH was sceptical at first but now he likes picking them with me :happydance: and speaking of dyed inserts...I've dyed nearly all of mine pink :blush: i don't know how tho there was nothing pink in the wash. x

I did that with my flip inserts there was nothing pink in the wash but they are now pink????

Sam - yeah i bleached them... none were stained, just greying..they came out brilliant white!!! i was mega impressed :)

well girlies today hasnt been a good one....went out to the aquarium with daddy and bug today and we had a great time but went to M&S for Lunch and we had one hell of a vomiting sesh...:sick: Daisy hasnt been right for a few days and i spoke to HV this morning and she said to get as much Dairy into her as she's not been taking much milk.....well apparently it was the cheese that make her :sick: in M&S took her to the docs and enroute she pooed ....EVERYWHERE i was really really minging!! we've never had a poo leaking incident but this defo made up for it !!!!

Doc says she has some kind of viral tummy bug thing and all i am allowed to give her is water and mashed potato :saywhat: she's sleeping now.....hoping we dont have too much of a nighmare night!!!

how is everyone doing today??? Jayleigh i know you're having a poo day :hugs:

Got my Moo Moo itti today :cloud9: tho i'm still bloody waiting for my sling rings so i can get my sling finished...:grr: got an update today that said it has been changed to pending....wtf does that mean???

:hugs:

sara

xxxxx

Oww Sara :( Poor Daisy.. i hope she'll feel better soon..!
Tummy bugs are not nice at all!!!

I had some weird advice when the doc said to give Cole Yogurt.. he is now eating his pear puree though as apparently it's the easiest to digest and less acidic then other fruit.. :)

Ill give the bleaching a go soon.. how much did you use?

yeah i've read pear s good as a first puree'd fruit

i just put a good squirt of vleach in the pail and filled it with hot water, weft it while i had a bath then rinsed them out hundreds of times then washed a few more!

I've only washed two of my inserts as I have a confession to make :cry:

Caitlyn's not been in cloth for the last two days due to her illness as her poos are exploding EVERYWHERE and she has a mega sore butt so I'm using cream on her...her bum has cleared up a bit so am going to try her tomorrow again but she leaked poop all over my mums settee in her BG the other day as its literally spilling out of her like water :wacko:

ive always read that the best way to strip smells is to do a cold wash with full detergent, then a 60wash with no detergent, hot water sets the smells more than cold :D

x

hey ellie!!!
How are you getting on :hugs:

hope you and your bubba's are doing good :D

im alright thanks babes, bit of stress going on atm but nothing i cant handle :lol:

how are you? i bet cole is getting big isnt he

x

Morning Ladies :wave:

Well the Disana did the night, but when he pooed it came out the nappy all over the inside of the wrap :sick:

Sara I hope Daisy is better soon :hugs:
Twig I hope her bum clears up, has she got some sort of a tummy bug?
Ellie :wave: nice to see you around, I will give your stripping a go and see how that works, it makes sense though
Sam hows Coles sleeping going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"