~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

:thumbup: will do! Right I'm off to bed.

Still worrying about the bean! :dohh:

Hey Twigs!!!!
Congratssssss :happydance:

Ive decided to do something about Cole's awful sleep habits.. ill be putting him in his own room as of tonight.. ill put the spare sngle bed n that room and will sleep there for hopefully not to long too.. :dohh:

Wish me luck ladies.. lets hope i can get hm to bed a bit longer and less frequent feedings too... jikes..

Twig you got room for me and Halen? lool OH was like "your not pregnant are you??" when I told him my belly moved. The look of horror on his face ha ha

Sam, I've been thinking of that as well, I don't know if we disturb him when he's asleep. I've tried putting him in his own bed and he just wouldnt go, might try again and also in his own room. Let me know how it goes :thumbup:

Sure, sure I'll make Liam sleep in the garden :rofl:

Liam only got upset for 2 seconds before I started ranting at him how it wasn't his body and moaning about it wouldn't change it and if he was so concerned why didn't he wear a hat :dohh:

And then within 5 minutes he was kissing my belly and telling the bean to grow and be healthy and to make mummy sick :haha:

:rofl: Typical man thing that! I was having a conversation with OH on the phone earlier and was saying about how I'd accidentally dyed one of the nappies blue and how a BnB lady said I would have to keep them aside for having another boy. He was like 'no we're not having anymore'!
So I agreed, no we're not having anymore 'planned'! but mishaps can happen! :haha: He didn't respond to that!

Jayleigh are you going to test tomorrow?

I tried putting Cassidy in her cot and within minutes she was in hysterics and I caved and gave her a cuddle. OH said if I allow her to cry for too long it will break the bond we have! :shrug: You ladies are braver than I am LOL.

I got my soapnuts through today and have done the first wash, just waiting on them to dry and I will give you my opinion on them. I brought some oils to go with them and have used the geranium one. Smells lovely!

Oh and can someone tell Cassidy to stop biting my nipples! It's getting to the point I'm frightened to put her on to feed now encase she has a nibble! She hasn't broken the skin yet but it's not far off because she's getting worse! :cry:

xx

Bekki, yeah I will test tomorrow.
Halen has always screamed in his cot so he's never actually slept in it as I won't leave him to cry. we co-sleep atm which I love but I'm not sure if its making his sleeping worse, if were disturbing him as we turn over and snore etc.
He slept in his moses basket for maybe....2 weeks ha ha he's never done a full night in it, he's always been in our bed for at least half, if not all, the night

hey girls,

what are soapnuts?

I just ordered 2 cushie tushies and an issy bear and 2 booster sets. I want to start using them thru the night but i def need some extra boosters shes a heavy wetter and i cant get up and change it thru the night every few hours!

You ladies are all getting preg! :yipee:

Claire i have some soapnuts if you want to try them?? I always use them on Tabs nappies :thumbup:

Awww Twigs :hugs: I worry everyday about my bubba :(

It's awful isnt it?! I thought that I'd be less worried about my second but I'm more worried :shrug: :(

Yea me too i think its cos you know what you might lose this time around...where last time you loved your baby and sooo wanted them but its not really the same...least thats what i think :haha:

what are they? what do you do?

Soap nuts are the shells of a kind of nut that contain a soapy substance. When they get wet, they release the soap so you can use them instead of detergent. It's all natural and a small handful can be used for a load of washing, then you can reuse the same shells a few more times. I got a sample and really liked them, but I kept forgetting to take them out before I put the washing in the dryer :dohh: Turns out that they don't like that too much - they crumbled to nothing :blush:

^^ :rofl: Yea my problem is when i want to rinse them i forget to take them out :dohh: They seem to work well though...

morning ladies, hope everyone is well..

Last night went alright.. he slept hs normal pattern (which we haddend had in ages in our room :happydance:) in his own room..
from 8 till 11 then a dreamfeed, then woke up again at 2.15 for a feed and then woke up this morning at 6.10..

he slept in his pram though as it is more elevated (we still need to raise his cot higher) and i need to get myself one of those safety sleeps so he doesnt sagg down.. + the pram rocks him to sleep as i am trying to get away from feeding him to sleep which is doing my head in!

It generally takes about 3 attempts in his pram to get him to sleep.. f not he will just scream more and more and ill have to get him out for another 30 min or so.. put him back when he is calmed down..
I have always caved in when he wouldnt go back down and fed him put him back asleep in our bed, which is another thing i have to break as he is getting frustrated every time put him somewhere else now..

Can you ell ive been reading some sleep help books LOL

lets hope it wasnt a fluke and hell sleep like this again tonight whilst he is stll young and no bad habits have been set n stone yet..

So its instead of tablets of powder? Do you put them in the actuall washing machine then instead of the drawer? and you take it out before the cycle rinses? dont use a tumble dryer here so thats ok. and a handfull do a couple of washes?

Ohh Sam thats wicked!

Ladies who use soap nuts what do you think to them? I'm tempted but not sure how well theyll clean his nappies?

I use them and they clean Tabs nappies fine and they do seem softer...its really weird though as they smell of nothing :shrug:

Yeah Blob I think thats what it is but at the same time I kinda think why am I worrying as I have Caitlyn?!

Ohh I so want to try soapnuts! May give them a go :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->