~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Congrats twiggy x Claire, I need to do one of these strip washes too my bgs are beginning to smell so I'm just gonna do all the inserts first on a hot wash then keep rinsing then I'll figure out what to do with the outers cos I don't think they are smelly but I was just gonna do them on a forty then keep rinsing or will this not work? :wacko:

im not sure tbh?

would hanging them outside help aswell cos if its gonna be dry tomorrow i will. Also gonna soak the inners in bleach for a bit before a wash, cos altho theyre not stained it will keep them fresher i think

girls who are stripping - dont do a hot wash first !!! you will 'set' the smell!!! cold/cool wash with full load of detergent then a hot one with full load of detergent then rinse loads till you cant see any bubbles while its rinsing :)

before...that way yu will remove all the traces of the bleach when you strip them and the nasty bleach stuff wont touch avas booty:) just make sure you rinse the bleach out really well so it doesnt bleach all your outers and stuff :)

sara

xxxxx

girls who are stripping - dont do a hot wash first !!! you will 'set' the smell!!! cold/cool wash with full load of detergent then a hot one with full load of detergent then rinse loads till you cant see any bubbles while its rinsing :)

hmm i always do the hot wash fist and my nappies are fine when they come out. However, I might try it your way and see if it keeps them fresher longer :thumbup:

thats where i get confused, the outers should i just leave them out and once ive stripped the inners then do a regular normal wash with the outers? what about things like fuzzi's and swaddlebees.. i cant bleach them but can i strip them? even tho theyre colour? or shud i just do them in regular wash.. cos if i bleach the inners then the bleach cud go on them in the machine?????? :wacko:

i've only bleached my inserts once cos they were going a little grey and i cant stand grey stuff thats meant to be white...i soaked them in a little bleach for about an hour or so, rinsed the bucket out with water a few times with them in to get the worst off them, then out them in the bath (i'd judt had a bath so i re used the water to help get some bleach out before they went in the wash) then i did 2 rince cycles to protect my other nappies from the bleach then i did a full strip (cold long wash, hot long wash etc etc etc) :hugs:

Does anyone know the name of those things you use in your bed to safely co-sleep with your baby? They are like padded u-shaped things... I think to stop you rolling on them?

I really want to look into them, and have tried googling but have absolutely no idea what they're called... :dohh:

i havent heard of anythin like that Jetters....i know you can get like a nest from summer

https://www.babysecurity.co.uk/p/360832/summer-deluxe-snuggle-nest-baby-sleeper-cot-pink-.html

is that it?

Yeah that's it, thanks!!

I'm gonna use that for the first few weeks/months I think- before moving to a bedside cot. I want to avoid getting the cot for as long as possible because my bedroom is teeeeeeeny. And I don't want a moses basket cos i've got a Amby for day time naps!

we used a crib till about 3 weeks ago (she co sleeps fom about 6 am ish still but is in her big cot in her own room now) but the crib was great as it didnt take up too much space :thumbup:

Jettters ill be selling my nest soon, Avas getting a bit big for it, but by time you pop she will DEF be out it. Its pink tho!

Ooh- even better! I'll definitely have it... keep me in mind??

we used to have one of them snugglenests, i got mine form amazon but t x maxx sells them for £20 now! Ours lasted us until about 8 months, it was a god send!

8 months???? wow, how come so long? Ill prob move her into the cot soon anyways!

Yep jetters will let you know when im selling it you can have first dibs! but if you have a boy ill understand if you dont want it as its pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->