~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

The first one I used I put in wrong and it scrunched up.. Poor Layla! :dohh: Bad mummy!! The ones I have are a bit big so I just cut them to size! :D xxx

i will def remember that honey :D i had that problem the first time i used an itti :blush: i didn't put the insert in correctly and it bunched up :blush:

I haven't bought any liners as yet as Deri usually always poops first thing in the morning and that's it so he'd done his usual morning poop today and he poo'd twice this afternoon as well! :dohh: so it was just one of those things!!!

Are you two using re-usable wipes as well? I haven't tried them yet x

nope i've been sticking with my pampers wipes honey, def going to try them for baby no 2 though :)

I haven't bought any liners as yet as Deri usually always poops first thing in the morning and that's it so he'd done his usual morning poop today and he poo'd twice this afternoon as well! :dohh: so it was just one of those things!!!

Are you two using re-usable wipes as well? I haven't tried them yet x

No way Jose!!! Too much faffing around for me I think. I'd never leave the house!! :wacko: :rofl: x

I was wondering whether it was worth it because if you think about it, you just stick them in with the dirty nappies and wash them all together so it could work out worthwhile??? :shrug:

I don't know, I haven't tried them so.......

x

Yeh that side of it would be fine, but Im just not sure. Maybe for round the house but definatly not one for out and about! x

I use them! I chuck them in with either my washing or my nappies, take them out wet and stick them back in their box with the solution...good to go!

Also, these only get washed every 2/3 days not everyday like my nappies.

Im using cheeky wipes atm but have an order of 30 double sided flannel/velour ones with various prints/characters on their way from the USA:thumbup:

cANT WAIT!

hmm yes, in that case if you have to buy new BG's every 4/5 months youd be out more expensive then having the sizing factor with the itti's hahaha

As for wipes, i am thinking of using cloth ones too.. and the disposable ones when out..
i guess if you have smelly washing lying around you may aswell make it worth while :rofl:

So what was the deal do you girls have any solutions in the buckets you put the dirty diapers in or just a cloth with some smell repellent?

I use them! I chuck them in with either my washing or my nappies, take them out wet and stick them back in their box with the solution...good to go!

Im using cheeky wipes atm but have an order of 30 double sided flannel/velour ones with various prints/characters on their way from the USA:thumbup:

cANT WAIT!

I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much :blush:)...what do you mean take them out wet and stick them back in the box with solution???? Surely once they're dirty you put them in the wash??? I'm lost :dohh:

x

Think she means wet out the machine... and then back in the box ready to use again??!! xxx

cANT WAIT!

I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much :blush:)...what do you mean take them out wet and stick them back in the box with solution???? Surely once they're dirty you put them in the wash??? I'm lost :dohh:

x

I think she means wet from the solution. You can also take spray bottle out with you to moisten the wipes up.

Homemade wipes are sooooo easy! You just make up a solution which takes no longer than 5 minutes, just water (some peeps use water with baby wash some use chamomile tea), olive oil and an essential oil such as lavender/ tea tree. Soak the wipes, ring them out a bit so they're not dripping and away you go. Then you just throw them in the wash with your dirty nappies.

So what was the deal do you girls have any solutions in the buckets you put the dirty diapers in or just a cloth with some smell repellent?

I just put my dirty nappies in the bucket and put a muslin over the top of the pile of washing but underneath the lid. The muslin is just dipped in the solution i use for the baby wipes as i use lavender oil.

cANT WAIT!

x

I think she means wet from the solution. You can also take spray bottle out with you to moisten the wipes up.

Homemade wipes are sooooo easy! You just make up a solution which takes no longer than 5 minutes, just water (some peeps use water with baby wash some use chamomile tea), olive oil and an essential oil such as lavender/ tea tree. Soak the wipes, ring them out a bit so they're not dripping and away you go. Then you just throw them in the wash with your dirty nappies.

oh no, I mean once theyve been washed I take them out of the washer (STILL WET) Make them into a nice pile ready. Put about an inch of water in the bottom of my box, add a few drops of fresh cheeky wipes essential oil and lay the wipes in, they then soak up the mixture so they are nice and damp, I then turn them over and shake.....this way I find them damp but not wet and all ready to use on LO's bum. the box is a plastic sealed lid box so keeps em nice and fresh too:happydance: I never ever take any spray with me...dont need it!:thumbup:

That's an interesting way of doing it, don't think I've heard of anyone doing it like that...from wet I mean. I didn't have good luck keeping them soaked in their solution, even in a wipes box, wipes warmer too they started smelling within a day. So I just keep a small bottle of spray in my diaper bag and a foaming solution we use while at home and the wipes dry

That's an interesting way of doing it, don't think I've heard of anyone doing it like that...from wet I mean. I didn't have good luck keeping them soaked in their solution, even in a wipes box, wipes warmer too they started smelling within a day. So I just keep a small bottle of spray in my diaper bag and a foaming solution we use while at home and the wipes dry

i do that too - i make my own wipe solution and just put it in a bottle and take it out with me n pop a bit on a wipe and use it like that hen when i'm done roll it into the nappy(so long as it isnt covered in poo!) and chuck the whole lot in my pail when i get home:thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

thats some good idea's!
ill definitely try those out..

12 small itti bitti's should be enough to get a start right from Newborn?
Once he has moved over 6.5 Kg's i will buy 24 in the medium size i think.. they should last a bit longer..

Man it's so hard to guess these things haha, maybe i should wait until he is born and just buy a small and medium one to try first?

with the cheeky wipes kit, thats how they tell you to do it!

mine dont smell at all, even after 2 days in their box....:flower:

thats some good idea's!
ill definitely try those out..

12 small itti bitti's should be enough to get a start right from Newborn?
Once he has moved over 6.5 Kg's i will buy 24 in the medium size i think.. they should last a bit longer..

Man it's so hard to guess these things haha, maybe i should wait until he is born and just buy a small and medium one to try first?

Are you going to use disposables as well? I would think if you're only using cloth that you may need a few more than that, espeically as the early days are very tiring and all your time is taken with LO.

I would recommend buying some Birth to Potty types so they'll last from when your LO is born until they're potty trained. The Bum Genius V3's are good BTP types....very good for over night from what I've read from the other girls (no leaks etc).

Blueberrys are also a good BTP but are more expensive! :D

x

with the cheeky wipes kit, thats how they tell you to do it!

mine dont smell at all, even after 2 days in their box....:flower:

Think I'm going to look into those! Thanks Jac! :D

Can you make your own wipes? If so, how would you go about it? What material would you buy as I might go for a little look at some material today.....OR....would you just buy some online?

Also....(sorry to be a pain)...what exactly do you girls put in YOUR OWN solution?

x

Laurie, yeah you can make your own...i tried making some fleece ones (just cut up a fleece blnaket) but i didnt like the fleece as a wipe! Much prefer flannel.

Ive ordered some from the USA as Ive had good reports from Mo3 about them:thumbup:
I think someone on here just cut up a towel??? and uses those??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->