~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

oh yes def report back laurie on what the mothercare ones are like :)

i've just gone through my cupboards and only found a small box for my wipes, so if anyone could point me in the right direction for a good size box for reusable wipes that would be fab :D

i'm thinking about the fuzzi bunz i love the lilac daisy one but i've been holding back waiting for people opnions of them really.

Laurie - donna hun and as for the wipes well just cut them to wipe size lol! Not too sure what size mine i'll go and have a look and get back to you later. For the solution i do the following;

1 large cup of chamomile tea cooled and bag removed or some people use about 400ml of water with their usual baby wash in.

1 tablespoon of olive oil

and a couple of droplets of tea tree/lavender oil.

Mix it all up and then I add a wipe one by one, let them soak up the fluid, squeeze it off a bit so the wipes wet but not dripping and continue to do this with any remaining wipes. I like to leave them a little bit too wet as some of this water evaporates before i get round to using them and just ring them out before using on LO so they're wet but not too wet. I just have a sandwich box i leave the wipes in. Hope that makes sense!

i have the lilac daisy one View attachment 32151 its the btp one which is a bit fiddly but i've managed to get a decent fit!! you can get babylegs to match too :wohoo: i'm sooooo getting some !!!!https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGGALUGS-OR...hing?hash=item230274890a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i do the same solution for my wipes but i put it in a bottle and dampen my wipes with it just before i use them :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

If I could find a hybrid if the FB and BG's I'd be super happy!

The Fuzzi Bunz can be really altered to your babe. Not only do they have the snaps at the front, but they've got elastic in the legs that you can cinch up if it's too loose, or let go if it is too tight. I like that, as Claire has chunky thighs and the BG's don't have any way to alter the leg holes.

I'm still unsure of the snaps, though. I like the velcro because it's easy and there is no guess work. However, I hate how the velcro of the BG's don't stay on the 'laundry tabs', no matter how many times I stick them on there. I'm also not a fan of forever ripping out stray fibers from the tabs.

I like the envelope cover for the BGs. FBs just have an open pocket. Although I haven't had one leak yet so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal atm.

However, the biggest plus for me is the absorbency of the Fuzzi Bunz. Wow! I would put a regular liner, plus two boosters and Claire's morning diaper liners would be thoroughly soaked. I used only the regular liner and one insert and the back part of her diaper liners were dry. :shock: That was enough right there for me to totally fall in love with them!

I may/may not buy more of the Fuzzi Bunz liners and put them in my BGs, if they'll fit. I'm very impressed with how well they absorb!

Sweet ill buy some trial ones then first..

i guess there is only one way to find out what works best and that is to try the different brands..

ill be keeping my eye out for cheap fleece blankets now hahaha
the blueberry and BG seem to be pretty similar to me though?!
They are selling under the same name here!

i've just gone through my cupboards and only found a small box for my wipes, so if anyone could point me in the right direction for a good size box for reusable wipes that would be fab :D

Will do :winkwink: I just couldn't take having to wash anymore weaning poos out of nearly all my lush cloth nappies :cry: I don't mind cleaning up poop at all but i don't enjoy running poo into our lovely new bath from my lovely cloth nappies everytime I change Deri :cry:

Sparks - thats awful i'd ring them and go to town on their asses :laugh2: :hugs:

Sara - I saw them huggalugs yesterday and wondered if they'd go with the fuzzi bunz! Maybe a dumb question so i'm sorry :blush: but what is BTP?

Carly - what liners are they?

I'm not sure about the olive oil tbh. It just gives that bit of grease to the wipes. It's good for moisturising aswell rather than baby oil. Infact you could probably use johnsons bay oil if your LO doesn't have sensitive skin.

Mine is just a sandwich box from morrisons with a white lid. cost like 80p, does the job fine for my needs.

Sparks - thats awful i'd ring them and go to town on their asses :laugh2: :hugs:

Sara - I saw them huggalugs yesterday and wondered if they'd go with the fuzzi bunz! Maybe a dumb question so i'm sorry :blush: but what is BTP?

I'm not sure about the olive oil tbh. It just gives that bit of grease to the wipes. It's good for moisturising aswell rather than baby oil. Infact you could probably use johnsons bay oil if your LO doesn't have sensitive skin.

BTP = Birth to Potty :D

I use a pampers wipes box I got free with some bounty thing or other. It would be better if it were square as my terry wipes are almost square but it does the job.

And hello all, I'm joining your club. Not looked in here before but we've been using cloth nappies since Byron was about 2 months or so old.

Hello Peanut! :D What nappies do you use, or do you have a selection? x

BTP = Birth to Potty :D

:dohh::dohh::dohh: i did know that ...honest :blush:

LOL! It took me ages to get to know all the abbreviations :thumbup:

x

i don't know why but i was thinking along the lines of fastenings rather than sizing

:dohh:

:rofl::hugs:

cant wait to get the huggalugs n put them on with the nappy :thumbup: soooooooo excited!!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

cant wait to get the huggalugs n put them on with the nappy :thumbup: soooooooo excited!!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wooohooo I cant wait for mine too.. Although I cant remember what ones I ordered... Oh well, a little surprise for me when they come hahahaha :happydance: xxx

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Wooohooo I cant wait for mine too.. Although I cant remember what ones I ordered... Oh well, a little surprise for me when they come hahahaha :happydance: xxx

i've already got pink bl's with brown stripes - sound mingin but they r really cool!! :thumbup: i would have ordered more but oh says i've spent enough this month :cry: as of next month tho we have no mortgage to pay for 9 months so i'll be going crayzee :dance:

My MIL and OH think babylegs are vile :cry:

omg really :cry: my mum gave me a funny look at first but she's warmed to them now n making me a few pairs :happydance:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"