~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

great advice on home made wipes guys :thumbup: i have a draw full of practically new flannels of maddi's that i might give a solution a go :D

quick qu from me:
my new itti arrived this morning :wohoo: and obviously am going to wash before use, but was wondering, do you wash your new nappies with your dirty ones, when you do the rest (i wash them every night) or do you wash new separately?

I wash my new ones with the dirties that go in in the evening. You could wash with your other washing but I think you're only supposed to use a small amount of detergent with nappies. xxx

I've done both Carly...don't think it makes any difference?

x

aww thanks guys, thats what i thought :D

well i couldn't wait very long, and its going round now :)wohoo:) with her play mat mat thing, so i didn't use too much detergent either :yipee:

Laurie, yeah you can make your own...i tried making some fleece ones (just cut up a fleece blnaket) but i didnt like the fleece as a wipe! Much prefer flannel.

Ive ordered some from the USA as Ive had good reports from Mo3 about them:thumbup:
I think someone on here just cut up a towel??? and uses those??

Do you need to sew the edges if you use another material other than fleece? I don't own a sewing machine :shrug:

x

Laurie, yeah you can make your own...i tried making some fleece ones (just cut up a fleece blnaket) but i didnt like the fleece as a wipe! Much prefer flannel.

Ive ordered some from the USA as Ive had good reports from Mo3 about them:thumbup:
I think someone on here just cut up a towel??? and uses those??

Do you need to sew the edges if you use another material other than fleece? I don't own a sewing machine :shrug:

x

Some fabrics will fray (sp) but worth going into a fabric shop and having a look round! :D xxx

The only place I can think to buy fabric is Hobby Craft - any ideas on where else I might find fabric as HC might be a tad expensive?

x

We have a couple of little fabric shops where I live.. Best bet is to have a look around hun.. You'll probs find a little one tucked away somewhere.. Or ask someone who lives near you. I think hobby craft would be expensive x

Dont buy fleece from a material shop! I just cut up a £2 fleece blanket from asda!! I have been doing washable wipes since she was born with this and it's been fab :thumbup:

thats some good idea's!
ill definitely try those out..

12 small itti bitti's should be enough to get a start right from Newborn?
Once he has moved over 6.5 Kg's i will buy 24 in the medium size i think.. they should last a bit longer..

Man it's so hard to guess these things haha, maybe i should wait until he is born and just buy a small and medium one to try first?

Are you going to use disposables as well? I would think if you're only using cloth that you may need a few more than that, espeically as the early days are very tiring and all your time is taken with LO.

I would recommend buying some Birth to Potty types so they'll last from when your LO is born until they're potty trained. The Bum Genius V3's are good BTP types....very good for over night from what I've read from the other girls (no leaks etc).

Blueberrys are also a good BTP but are more expensive! :D

x

I guess it depends like laurie says whther you're going to mix with disposables or not. Laurie do you think the BG would actually last birth to potty, i mentioned about the smell previously and thats only after a couple of months of using. I suppose they do only smell when they're waiting to be washed though it's not a permenant thing.

I do think you would be better buying a selection of diffrent ones to start with tbh rather than committing to just one brand but thats just my opnion.
:hugs:

Lilbump (what's your name?) - I agree..try a few different types but I just thought BG's might be a good start!

Defo don't commit yourself til you've tried a few :D

Right, I've been out and about and bought a cheap-ish fleece blanket from Tesco as Hobbycraft didn't have anything anyway :-( I'#ve also bought bottle with a spray top and some tea tree oil :D

Now what do I do :shrug:
* What size shall I make the wipes?
* What shall I make my solution with?
etc etc etc!!! :winkwink:

Thanks in advance girlies!! :hugs: xx

PS. I meant to say, we've had a BIG leak in an Itti Bitti today :-( I took Deri out in an Itti and it fit lovely under his trousers (much slimmer than others) AND I took him to be weighed at baby clinic (thought I was brave taking him in cloth) and then we get back home and Deri is in his walker and wee leaked all over the floor :shrug: I cant've put the nappy on properly after he was weighed.....!!!!!!!!!!!! :dohh:

I started with BG's, and yes... they do smell while in the pail but tbh they've done this since I started using them. It's not a dealbreaker for me so I can put up with it.

I have Fuzzi Bunz, and while they are cute I wish that the BG had the print like them, because I really do love them.

:hugs:

i'm thinking about the fuzzi bunz i love the lilac daisy one but i've been holding back waiting for people opnions of them really.

Laurie - donna hun and as for the wipes well just cut them to wipe size lol! Not too sure what size mine i'll go and have a look and get back to you later. For the solution i do the following;

1 large cup of chamomile tea cooled and bag removed or some people use about 400ml of water with their usual baby wash in.

1 tablespoon of olive oil

and a couple of droplets of tea tree/lavender oil.

Mix it all up and then I add a wipe one by one, let them soak up the fluid, squeeze it off a bit so the wipes wet but not dripping and continue to do this with any remaining wipes. I like to leave them a little bit too wet as some of this water evaporates before i get round to using them and just ring them out before using on LO so they're wet but not too wet. I just have a sandwich box i leave the wipes in. Hope that makes sense!

i'm thinking about the fuzzi bunz i love the lilac daisy one but i've been holding back waiting for people opnions of them really.

Laurie - donna hun and as for the wipes well just cut them to wipe size lol! Not too sure what size mine i'll go and have a look and get back to you later. For the solution i do the following;

1 large cup of chamomile tea cooled and bag removed or some people use about 400ml of water with their usual baby wash in.

1 tablespoon of olive oil

and a couple of droplets of tea tree/lavender oil.

Mix it all up and then I add a wipe one by one, let them soak up the fluid, squeeze it off a bit so the wipes wet but not dripping and continue to do this with any remaining wipes. I like to leave them a little bit too wet as some of this water evaporates before i get round to using them and just ring them out before using on LO so they're wet but not too wet. I just have a sandwich box i leave the wipes in. Hope that makes sense!

i have the lilac daisy one DSC00903.JPG its the btp one which is a bit fiddly but i've managed to get a decent fit!! you can get babylegs to match too :wohoo: i'm sooooo getting some !!!!https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGGALUGS-OR...hing?hash=item230274890a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i do the same solution for my wipes but i put it in a bottle and dampen my wipes with it just before i use them :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

Not happy! How bloody long have I been waiting for my black bluebery and Itti?!

Ordered 29th July. Dispatched 12th August.

STILL NOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy:

Not happy! How bloody long have I been waiting for my black bluebery and Itti?!

Ordered 29th July. Dispatched 12th August.

STILL NOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy:

you're joking????????? have you complained???

sara

xxxxx

The first time I complained they just told me they were on preorder but they didnt tell me that to begin with. I sent another email yesterday asking how they were sent because I hadnt got them yet.

i would kick up a fuss totally !! that is not on at all!! you should demand freebies!!

wow sam thats sooooooo bad! def ring and complain!

today i brought some liners from boots and they seem fab :thumbup: really soft on her bum too :) haven't experienced a poo with them yet but will def report back, so anyone needing/considering disposable liners, i would recommend these :thumbup:

i'm also going to do home made wipes now! i have ton's - a whole draw of flannels of maddi's, so i'm going to get a box, make my solution and use them :yipee: great advice lilbump :thumbup: on the wipe solutions - going to get some tea tree oil, and mix it with her usual bath stuff - is olive oil necessary?

i think my next nappy to order and try will be a fuzzi bunz :) i have a tots bots and another blueberry on order so i'm mega excited about that :wohoo: plus my pretty in pink itti arrived today and is now washed and ready to go tomorrow for her :wohoo:

Oh no Sam - that's terrible. Have you contacted them today? I would really complain if it was me! :growlmad:

Carly, I bought some liners from Mothercare today but haven't tried them yet :nope: will report in tomorrow on those! :thumbup:

I bought some mini muslin squares, a fleece blanket to cut into wipes and some tea tree oil/spray bottle to try out some re-usable wipes too! :D

As Carly says, is the Olive Oil really necessary for solution?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->