~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

ALSO.. could the nappy rash be due to teething? I know some babys get it really bad when they're trying to cut new teeth xxxx

lol bless you hun i really wanna give you a big hug!! :hugs:

i personally would put him in pampers for a day or so if he's getting a nasty rash n thats helping and give all your nappys a good 2-3 washes as i think the talc will really affect the absorbency of your nappies - i really do think this is the problem, when deri pee's it will be takin some of the talc with it into the fibers of the nappy and clogging it up then the pee wont be absorbing ?? hopefully this will be the problem and you can get back to enjoying cloth agan!

hugse :hugs: hun

sara

xxxxxx

I've used talc on his bum since he was around 3 months and never had a problem but have been wondering whether that could be the issue with cloth nappies? :shrug:

Maya - OH bought me some Naughty Nappies the other day as I was telling him you'd tried them and rated them for the money so I have 3 (he offered to pay when I said I didn't want to try anything else becaue all have leaked - and cos they were cheap!!!!). I have only tried one out yesterday and it wasn't on for that long so can't say it was good or bad :shrug: just that they look a bit pants, ha ha).

Oh I don't wanna give up all my lush nappies :cry: even my BB's are leaking :dohh:

How comes I'm having all these problems? No one else seems to :shrug:

Oh I dunno...fed up..... :help:

Maybe I should sell all my cloth and buy 2 more lush BabyHawks to cheer myself up :D ha ha xxx

I can think of worse looking ones though and if they work then thats the main thing... And TBH its not like they're guna be on display now as winters coming. Even the lush BBs will be covered up and no-one will know you've got a £20 nappy on. I would try to stop with the talc for a few days and see you how get on.. But unless your caking it on I dont see how it could be that! I too am confused as to why they're leaking!! Where do they leak? Around the legs or up the front? We WILL find a solution to this!! :winkwink: xxx

Oh bless you - you girls are so lovely :D

I'm going to get the rash under control with sudocrem and pampers and then go back to cloth....WITHOUT talc :dohh: Only thing is, how do you dry LO's bum after using wet wipes...do you put a nappy back on their wet bum?

I know obviously not to use cream with cloth nappies but maybe talc causes issues too?

I know what you mean about the nappies being hidden through the winter....they're always hidden when we go out usually too as it's not quite warm enough for LO's without something else on too.

Oh yes, the nappies leak right at the front (sides or top) but can still be dry in the back when I change them :dohh:

xxx

lol bless you hun i really wanna give you a big hug!! :hugs:

i personally would put him in pampers for a day or so if he's getting a nasty rash n thats helping and give all your nappys a good 2-3 washes as i think the talc will really affect the absorbency of your nappies - i really do think this is the problem, when deri pee's it will be takin some of the talc with it into the fibers of the nappy and clogging it up then the pee wont be absorbing ?? hopefully this will be the problem and you can get back to enjoying cloth agan!

hugse :hugs: hun

sara

xxxxxx

OMG - I'm off to wash ALL my nappies now then!!!! :blush: I feel a bit stupid now.....what shall I wash them in? Just water or detergent? And how much?

xxx

i would do a good 2-3 plain rinses then a long wash with the tinyest bit of detergent then another few rinsses !! will cost you an absolute fortune in electric but might clear out the nappies?? i think some white vinegar might help too?? dont quote me on that tho someone else might be able to advise on that one for you :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

I either let her bum dry by leaving the nappy off for a few mins and blow it (makes her laugh her head off lol) or just use a dry flannel. xxxx

I either let her bum dry by leaving the nappy off for a few mins and blow it (makes her laugh her head off lol) or just use a dry flannel. xxxx

Awwww bless her - before talc I used to use a muslin to dry Deri's bum so may try that again!

Sara - will try a few washes...must I dry them in between?

xxx

i usually wet half of my cloth n leave the other half dry then use the dry half to dry her butt either that of let her have some nakkie bum time!!!!!!

sara

xxxxxxxx

Awwww bless her - before talc I used to use a muslin to dry Deri's bum so may try that again!

Sara - will try a few washes...must I dry them in between?

xxx

i wouldnt bother dryin em in between doubt it would make much difference!! if its a nice day and you have time etc chucking thhem on the line inbetween one of your last rinses will do no harm !:thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxx

oh laurie poor poor you - you're having a right time with this aren't you :hugs: i too agree, get the nappy rash under control with sudocreme and disposables, and then once you've washed your cloth again, see how you go :hugs: am so sorry you're having such a bad time with them :hugs:

i too dry maddi's bum with her a dry flannel or blow on it - which makes her giggle so much - which is great as she's not a fan of having her bum wiped :dohh:

please don't leave us completely laurie - do keep us updated how deri's nappy rash is :hugs: xxx

oh can I join please, my daughter is a fluffy bum, we use prefolds and PUL or fleece wraps

Hey Ladies :happydance:

This is Izzy in one of her rainbow wraps

Attachments

• izzyretro2.jpg
    izzyretro2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
Thats given her daddy a very big head as she looks just like him :laugh2::laugh2:

I made my first nappy the other day, I will get pictures of it when its washed but its a patchwork outer with a fleece inner, I am quite proud of it :happydance:

Thats given her daddy a very big head as she looks just like him :laugh2::laugh2:

I made my first nappy the other day, I will get pictures of it when its washed but its a patchwork outer with a fleece inner, I am quite proud of it :happydance:

Oh brill! Go you!! I was looking into making some earlier. Found some patterns online, just duno if Ive got the patience :dohh: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->