~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Ha ha - yeah, fitteds are like your Bambinex Teddy ones! :thumbup: then put a wrap over...you BB's, BG's etc are pockets...

I always call them shaped nappies so thats why I got confuzzled... Ummm I have the 4teddys, a motherease, 2 bumbles (in the post) and then some terrys too. Ive got 5 wraps also.. 2 Bambinex, 2 BB and 1 tots bots. Im tempted to try the bamboozles as they're meant to be good for absorbancy and also the smart nappy as there have been loads of reccomendations for those.

They are a wrap that feels lovely and kind of a prefold ion the middle but it is not bulky at all ( you know me and bulky nappies lol ) and the top layer of the pre fold is a soft fleece type material which i love the feel of and after 11 hours still feels dry, then the bits that are either side that go under the soft bit are a kind of posh terry material and boy do they hold a lot. Harley is in a large which is for 20lb+ and they are really cheap as you get 4 outers and 8 inners for £39.99 but you can buy 1 for 9.99 to try which i did first. there is a thread on here about them i will find it now.
Here is mothercare link
https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=61630031&mcb=core

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/181013-just-quick-praise-smart-nappys.html
Here is a link from on here about them.
Forgot to say you can put a disposable enviro friendly inserts for them as well xx

This should help withe the Junior Joy prefold sizes https://www.kittykins.co.uk/cloth-nappies/type/8/brand/junior+joy

Evenin ladies. Goodness girls you can talk!! i've got to page 97 so if i'm replying to stuff abit late or answered already sorry! :blush:

Basically i wanted to say laurie, at my antenatal class they told us not to use talc on a baby at all until at least 12 months as all the small particles can play havoc with their chest, guess that could be why he's wheezing. I just dry my Lo's bum off with a towel, just pat dry. It might be an idea to stop using wipes and go right down to cotton wool and water until his rash clears up. As i think it was maya said, teething can cause nasty rash, normally we don't have any problems with rash but our top teeth have been coming through and it's playin havoc with her bum. Hope you manage to work it out :hugs:

Yay my BG v3's arrived :D
One thing i did notice though as i put them on the smallest setting.. if you try to put it on a bigger setting the push thingies are so hard to get loose again!!! I thought id almost heard the fabric rip!!!

Anyhow, now it's just the Itti's and then i can make a bit of a comparison for the first time! As they do not sell these brands in stores here, only online...

Dh made me promise to not spend any money this week :( boohoo
but ill keep an eye out on 2nd hand ones, you never know what might pop up ;)

Another Q ladies, do you use babyleg's much at all?! I had a look at them and find them adorable but am wondering if i would really use them...?!

jees i've only been away about an hour and i think i've missed about 4 pages!!!

ok i'm gonna try to reply to you all but if i miss anyone i'm sorry!!

laurie- get you and your multiple quotes!! :yipee: really hope you find a nappy that works for you and deri, i'm sure theres one out there! hopfully it will have been the talc that was doin it n you'll be back to cloth full time again!! have you tried bb bamboo?? might be worth a try as bamboo is super absorbant and you will still have a good looking butt??

Maya - i too really rate the Naughty Baby nappies i've left ours on daisy for a good 4 hours before and it hasnt even whispered the 'L' word:thumbup:you should definately try the smart nappy - very reasonable and i'm sure you can see from my post the other day i really rate them at the moment:)

Carly - yay for new fluff, i've ordered from bibs n bots before i think i got my red spotty itti from there n i got a cute little chocolate in the package with it!!!came really quick too :thumbup:

Donna - great to see another smart nappy lover preaching!! i really love em at the minute!! just wish they came in some prettier colours :D

well fellow cloth-a-holics guess what ....... its the dreaded ........ (DRUM ROLL).....BANK HOLIDAY!!!!!!! we all know what that means - no post for even longer over the weekend :hissy::cry: what are we gonna do monday morning!?!?! lol :rofl:

well i really think i should get off to sleep

huge :hugs: n :kiss: to all

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no the bank holiday, I am waiting for 12 prefolds to arrive too :dohh: I have to wait a whole day longer now :cry::cry:

Good night ladies see you all in the morning

hey hun !! the poppers on BG are quite stiff but thats a good thing as the nappy gets pulled a bit when you put it on n you'd get really annoyed if it un-snapped everytime you put it on!!!

i use babylegs atleast 3-4 times a week and will do more when daisy grows into them properly and i buy a few more! makes nappy changes a total doddle and much quicker especially compared to tights!!!

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Oh no the bank holiday, I am waiting for 12 prefolds to arrive too :dohh: I have to wait a whole day longer now :cry::cry:

Good night ladies see you all in the morning

its the one thing that stops us in our tracks :cry:

night !! :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

I'm missing cloth :cry: the rash is still there (comes and goes) so i'm thinking now it might be from teething :shrug:

thats one nasty rash, you might be right though, it may well be the teething!!!

Thanks for the info Sara, i was worried i may actually rip the fabric but i guess i dont have to change the size all the time ;)

I expected my Itti's to arrive yesterday too but they dint :( in stead i got an email that the order was completed.. well it's sunday now so i guess it will be next week i will ge them in!!!

I finally finished the nursery too! Hung up a huge wallsticker of a cow and chicken looking at an egg with cow spots!!! It's great , and his Moomoo itti will fit perfectly :rofl:

ps. on the hunt for some babylegs now ;)

I'm missing cloth :cry: the rash is still there (comes and goes) so i'm thinking now it might be from teething :shrug:

oh poor little man, i do hope it is his teeth then atleast you know it will come to an end bless him.

what are you using on it??? really hope it settles very soon :hugs: to deri

are your nappies feeling better yet?? hope they get well soon :D :hugs: to them too!! :haha:

:hugs:

thats one nasty rash, you might be right though, it may well be the teething!!!

Thanks for the info Sara, i was worried i may actually rip the fabric but i guess i dont have to change the size all the time ;)

I expected my Itti's to arrive yesterday too but they dint :( in stead i got an email that the order was completed.. well it's sunday now so i guess it will be next week i will ge them in!!!

I finally finished the nursery too! Hung up a huge wallsticker of a cow and chicken looking at an egg with cow spots!!! It's great , and his Moomoo itti will fit perfectly :rofl:

ps. on the hunt for some babylegs now ;)

no probs hun:D you'll probably find that baby legs will be too big for little one at first!! daisy is 11 weeks (o my god its flown by!!) on weds and they are still huge on her!! huggalugs(another brand of baby legs) are also a bit bigger than bl's..hope you find some nice ones!!:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

ps Lunaty (whats your human name if you dont mind me asking?) your nursery sounds sooo cute !!:thumbup:

sara

xxx

Samantha ;) but since one of the girls here is called Sam too I never introduced myself properly :rofl:

And since bubs isnt here yet those babylegs wont fit him for a long time but it wont hurt having a look around specially as you said time should fly by once he is here ;)

It seems to be one obsession after another, the bugaboo, the nappy's now those leggie's :D DH is gonna have a hart attack before LO is here!

Daisy looks so adorable in your sig!!! What nappies did you find fitted her the earliest/best or are you still trying out too?

Samantha ;) but since one of the girls here is called Sam too I never introduced myself properly :rofl:

And since bubs isnt here yet those babylegs wont fit him for a long time but it wont hurt having a look around specially as you said time should fly by once he is here ;)

It seems to be one obsession after another, the bugaboo, the nappy's now those leggie's :D DH is gonna have a hart attack before LO is here!

Daisy looks so adorable in your sig!!! What nappies did you find fitted her the earliest/best or are you still trying out too?

hello samantha! :wave: time willl definately fly by and having one or two pairs wont hurt!!lol just out of inerest and pobably sheer jealousy:rofl:which bugaboo do you have???

thanks hun! we used sposies for the first 2-3 weeks just to get the meconium pooes out of the way then i used a BG V3 and fuzzy bunz both btp ... the V3 fit her the best as a teeny weeny tbh the fuzzy bunz has been a bit big till the past week or so :thumbup: i also bought some bamboozles which fit really well but i wasnt keen on em!! i really rate the mothercare smart nappy system which is an outer wrap with a soaker pad you put in and if nappy is only wet you can re use the wrap:thumbup: i know you probs cant get em over there but you might be able to get something similar to try when your lo comes along??

also worthh a try if you're feeling brave enough is some terry squares!! v old fashioned but do the job and arent too expensive:thumbup: willl also last from birth to potty training, you just need to learn how to fold (which is surprisingly easy with practice!)

i use a combination of all the above and a couple of cheapy's from e bay to use in house when everything else is in the wash! and a couple of blueberrys!! my blue berrys are the sized ones and would have fitted over her whole body and had room to spare when she was a tiddler!! they are still on the timyest snaps at the moment!! gonna be getting some birth to potty ones soon so will let you know how they fit / would have fit a teeny one when i'm allowed to buy them !!:yipee:

i think you'll love itti bitti's too!! soooo slim fitting!! :hugs:

sara

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back