~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Oh brill! Go you!! I was looking into making some earlier. Found some patterns online, just duno if Ive got the patience :dohh: xxx

It does not take too long really, mine took about 45 minutes but thats because I had to patchwork it first, if I had not done that i expect it would of been more like 20-30 minutes to make. You should have a go its quite satisfying as you can pick the fabric you want and everything :baby::happydance:

Oh brill! Go you!! I was looking into making some earlier. Found some patterns online, just duno if Ive got the patience :dohh: xxx

It does not take too long really, mine took about 45 minutes but thats because I had to patchwork it first, if I had not done that i expect it would of been more like 20-30 minutes to make. You should have a go its quite satisfying as you can pick the fabric you want and everything :baby::happydance:

Where did you get the PUL meterial from? Ive seen it on abay but thats it..

Our local haberdashery sells it, might be worth asking yours if they can order some in

ETA: Ebay might be cheaper though

hope we're all ok this evening ladies :wave:

i was just thinking - is it just me that watches the timer count down on her machine waiting for my fluff to finish :blush: i love hanging it up so it dries ready for the morning :blush: now i found my routine i find myself thinking, oooo the washing machine's nearly finished :blush:

oh laurie poor poor you - you're having a right time with this aren't you :hugs: i too agree, get the nappy rash under control with sudocreme and disposables, and then once you've washed your cloth again, see how you go :hugs: am so sorry you're having such a bad time with them :hugs:

i too dry maddi's bum with her a dry flannel or blow on it - which makes her giggle so much - which is great as she's not a fan of having her bum wiped :dohh:

please don't leave us completely laurie - do keep us updated how deri's nappy rash is :hugs: xxx

Awww thanks girls! You're all sooo lovely. I'm not giving up completely, just having a break to try and fine out what's causing the problem. It could be teething as his first tooth has just popped through, it could be a material in one of the nappies, it could be the Bambinex powder I wash the nappies in.....it could be anything :shrug: Thing is, Deri has never had a nappy rash until now so I feel awful for him.

I blew on his bum to dry him earlier when I changed his nappy and he giggled his head off too :cloud9:

Cyclura (what's your name?) - well done you for making nappies! I'd love to do it but I know I'd do a rubbish job :dohh: Izzy is gorgeous BTW xxx

oh laurie poor poor you - you're having a right time with this aren't you :hugs: i too agree, get the nappy rash under control with sudocreme and disposables, and then once you've washed your cloth again, see how you go :hugs: am so sorry you're having such a bad time with them :hugs:

i too dry maddi's bum with her a dry flannel or blow on it - which makes her giggle so much - which is great as she's not a fan of having her bum wiped :dohh:

please don't leave us completely laurie - do keep us updated how deri's nappy rash is :hugs: xxx

Awww thanks girls! You're all sooo lovely. I'm not giving up completely, just having a break to try and fine out what's causing the problem. It could be teething as his first tooth has just popped through, it could be a material in one of the nappies, it could be the Bambinex powder I wash the nappies in.....it could be anything :shrug: Thing is, Deri has never had a nappy rash until now so I feel awful for him.

I blew on his bum to dry him earlier when I changed his nappy and he giggled his head off too :cloud9:

Cyclura (what's your name?) - well done you for making nappies! I'd love to do it but I know I'd do a rubbish job :dohh: Izzy is gorgeous BTW xxx

Yaay he liked the blow drying then :D Layla finds it hilarious too :haha: xxx

I hope you manage to find the problem Laurie :hugs: fingers crossed its just teething rash.

My name is Lou, how rude of me I should of said so before :blush: :dohh:

aww to deri enjoying having his bum blown on! maddi laughs too :D

maddi was the same hon - she went a good 6months with no nappy rash, until her first tooth was coming, and then terrible nappy rash, you have to ride it out :( teething is awful :hugs: i think its better for you and deri to take a break though, and see how you get on, i think once you've worked out whats causing the rash and the leaks, you can go from there :D big big :hugs: for you both xx

Awww thank you hun! :hugs: Will keep you all posted, just gonna take a break this weekend I think, even though I'm hating the disposables :-(

I'm hoping it is just teething! (fingers crossed)

Maya - yeah it was funny, thought it'd make Deri wee on me but he just started giggling, bless :D

Lou - we now know your name so we don't have to call you by your username...much more polite :thumbup:

Ooooo...girls, question....what is your MOST ABSORBANT cloth nappy (any type) and QUICKEST DRYING (again, any type!)....thinking ahead for changing what I'm using!!!

xxx

i have to say i've found my tots bots most absorbent and dried quite quickly, but over all got to be BB's - you sound much more positive now laurie :thumbup:

i made another order this afternoon :blush: from bibsnbobs, and got an email to say its already been dispatched :wohoo: it included some reusable wipes too :happydance: i love getting fluff in the post :yipee: as i ordered it though, i thought, damn, its bank holiday :dohh:

The only nappy I use atm is the Junior Joy prefold and wrap, and thats pretty quick drying, I will need to start stuffing it soon though.

I'd say my most absorbant is the BG v3.. BUT Im guna bang on about the naughty baby ones again cus she's been in one of them for 4 hours before and It didnt even feel like it was soaked. best drying is the Bambinex teddy, but not that great absorbancy, and it even leaked through the Bambinex wrap!! Not happy. Seems ok with tots bots and BB wraps though xxxx

I'd say my most absorbant is the BG v3.. BUT Im guna bang on about the naughty baby ones again cus she's been in one of them for 4 hours before and It didnt even feel like it was soaked. best drying is the Bambinex teddy, but not that great absorbancy, and it even leaked through the Bambinex wrap!! Not happy. Seems ok with tots bots and BB wraps though xxxx

At the end of the day, the point is about absorbancy I think, not looks so agree with you! :D

Do you have any other fitteds as my Bambinex Teddy AIO is not very absorbant either...not sure what to try (except I don't like the look of Tot Bots Bamboozles, I think, as I bought some ages ago and sold them straight away as just didn't like them). Their AIO's look good though.

The only nappy I use atm is the Junior Joy prefold and wrap, and thats pretty quick drying, I will need to start stuffing it soon though.

I don't know anything about JJ's - are they sized? Will have a nosey!

i have to say i've found my tots bots most absorbent and dried quite quickly, but over all got to be BB's - you sound much more positive now laurie :thumbup:

i made another order this afternoon :blush: from bibsnbobs, and got an email to say its already been dispatched :wohoo: it included some reusable wipes too :happydance: i love getting fluff in the post :yipee: as i ordered it though, i thought, damn, its bank holiday :dohh:

Is your Tot Bots an AIO hun?

My BB's have been leaking too :cry: in fact, all have expect my new BG AIO Organic (which is also very slim fitting). I may invest in some more of these as they seem pretty good...only thing is....they take ages to dry :-(

xxx

***Edit*** look at me doing multi quotes!!! :smug: Thanks to Sara I can now do it!

Wooo clever with the multi-quoting! :smug: Ive only got BB, BG and Naughty baby fitteds, rest are shaped. Have you tried any bamboo nappies? I think they're supposed to be more absorbant. Ive got a BB deluxe bamboo but aint tried it yet, so will have a go tomorrow and let you know how that goes. xxx

go laurie! multiple quotes! well done you!!

yep hon - my tots bots are AIO from here hon :D https://www.nappyneeds.co.uk/product/Tots_Bots_Easyfit_One_Size_All-in-One_Bamboo_Nappy_TBEBLS - they feel so soft too, and i've just got my fluff out the washing machine and its washed lovely :D

Laurie the ones i use for night time and most of the day is the mothercare smart nappy, they are brilliant no leaks after 11 hours sleep and his bum feels dry to touch. oh and they take no time to dryxx

Laurie the ones i use for night time and most of the day is the mothercare smart nappy, they are brilliant no leaks after 11 hours sleep and his bum feels dry to touch. oh and they take no time to dryxx

Donna are these sized or One size? Also, what type of nappy are they? Are they pockets or shaped ones with wraps?

Woops did you mean like my bambinex teddys when you said fitteds Laurie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->