~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Laurie,

Sorry to hear about poor Deri's bum. At least now you know what it is and can get rid of it (as well as knowing it's not from using fluff!).

I don't have any recommendations on the nappy itself, but for when you do go out, how about a Motherease Airflow wrap? Obviously I haven't used them yet myself but I did get one to try and it looks like it'll fit nicely around the legs and waist but be really puffy and airy around the bum.

Hope he feels better soon.

Aww laurie :hugs: hope you are both okay, at least you've got some cream now and hopefully it'll help. Tbh i would of thought cloth would have been better than sposies with the cream? Guess you need something breathable really don't you to get some air to his poor little bum.

Awww thanks hun :hugs:

Yeah I just didn't want to ruin cloth with cream that's all? So was thinking of buying some terry squares and nippas for the purpose of letting Deri's skin breath...what d'ya think?

xx

I haven't used terry myself but yea i think i would give it a go tbh.

I use Tots Bots bamboozles they are made from bamboo and really absorbant.Terry squares could be good option hun like you said.At least if the cream ruins them you wont have spent a fortune.x

Heya Laurie.. sorry if my typings crap.. feeding layla.. about the terries..was guna say that seeing as deris a heavy wetter i think you'll find yourself changing him constanyly as they do get wet very quickly.. and also i think wont be too good for his rash as they seem to stay quite wet against the skin. is it still really bad? xxx

aww poor deri!

my little lambs to trial are here :happydance: but i have to wash them and she said 2 to 3 times... do you think this is 2-3 quick washes or 2-3 full washes?

Rachel - thanks for the tip...was just going to ask about breathable wraps too! :D

Maya - I just had that thought about the terries getting very wet and I just ordered some too BUT my thoughts are that they're not expensive so if they get ruined I'm not too worried. Fleece inside could help I guess! Deri's rash has got a lot worse....poor little thing! Hopefully it'll get better now! :D

Hannah (I think it is) - thanks for the tip on Bamboozles! I looked at those!

May pop to Mothercare this afternoon to see what I can come up with xxxxx

If they dont work atleast it wont be a total money waster, as you can use them for lots of things. Poor little man though :( Is it bothering him alot? I'd just get as much nappy off time as possible, and just put a towel down on the floor when you're at home. Let me know how you get on.. :hugs: xxxxx

Thank you Sweetie! I will keep you updated :D

That's what I thought with the terries...soooo many uses! I'm sure my mum still has some old ones of mine from when I was a baby for cleaning windows or summit!!! :haha: (minging I know, but well worth the money!! :thumbup:).

Now I just need to learn how to fold them :rofl: off to search you tube xxx

aww hunni so sorry to hear his bum is getting worse, i would try to give him as much no nappy time as possible. terry's will be great as they are breathable but like maya said they do get wet easily but if you pop a fleece liner in(just get some cheap fleece and cut it up - doesnt fray so you dont need to bother with a sewing machine!! ) this should keep the wet away from his botty! you will need to change it fairly regularly tho as if you're not using a wrap it will get soaket thru fairly quickly!! really really hope he's feeling better soon :hugs:

sara

xxxx

ps once you have learned to fold them its a total doddle!!! i would show you in pics but i dunno if the fold i use would be suitable for him ??? if you have any probs hun please pm me!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh yeh I learnt to fold on utube. :D Hope you've found a link xxx

Sorry to hear about Deris bum Laurie, you could always use your cloth nappies with a liner to protect them.

So... turn up for the books this morning guess what arrived! My order from Nappy Paradise with a postmark mark of 28th August not 12th August! Lying gits!

Unless they just sent them again because of my moaning but they havent responded to my emails so Im inclined to think they werent sent in the first place.

afternoon lovely ladies and cloth bum babies :hi: hope you're all well. me and maddi are great, expect i've sprained my ankle :dohh: so some days in for us :dohh:
anyhoo - down to the important cloth business lol!

sammy - beautiful nursery honey! love it :D

ladies who ordered from upsy daisy - hope they arrive soon :yipee:

missy - enjoy your LL's - can't wait to hear how your getting on with them :D and to see pic's :yipee:

we've been getting on fab, loving the Bambino Mio that donna sent me :thumbup: thanks honey, will post some piccies for you soon :D

laurie - am so so sorry to hear about poor deri's rash, send him lots of hugs from me, and hopefully it will begin to clear up now :hugs: x x x

Hello Girls :wave:

Just wanted to say HUGE :hugs: to you all for your support...have been busy this afternoon and will be back on later to update and catch up....

xxxxxxxx

Hello Girls :wave:

Just wanted to say HUGE :hugs: to you all for your support...have been busy this afternoon and will be back on later to update and catch up....

xxxxxxxx

hope you got things a little more sorted today honey :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"