~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

Morning girls!! :wave:

how are we all this morning??

hope mr h is ok and you managed to get some sleep in the end donna!!

nightmare about the cat peeing on your bed samantha :growlmad:hope you manage to get rid of it!!

i've also not tried them duffers sorry!! i'm sure someone will be able to help :)

well the FB held up really well - i used two inserts in it and it went on at 11 ish and came off just after 8 this morning with no leaks!! but i've just been let down by a blueberry :( daisy had it on for 2 ish hours and she had one hell of a leak - just as she got dressed :grr: ah well we cant have it al ways!!!

hope you are all ok

sara

xxxxx

well ive only been trying Little Lambs so far, and i quite like them... although ive notice Zack be a bit more cranky when i put it on this morning i wonder if just co-incedance (god my spelling is awful) as he was still a bit cranky after i took it off lol

trial and error with these things im guessing!

Samantha - bad news about the cat and your bed hope you got it sorted! :hugs:

hi girls well it is just gone 4 and i am yet to go to bedas mr h is still poorly:cry: i am going to take him the doctors i think as i am worried now his temp has been yoyoing and he is so unsettled which is so unusual for him as he usually sleeps through, i hope it is just teethin but somethin tells me it may not be.
On the fluff front i have nearly finished making my trial nappy nd my sewing machine has died on me so i am doing it by hand and if it looks ok i will invest in a new machine, i am so jelouse when you girls buy new fluff i wish i had the money to buy more but we need to finish payin for my hols in 5 weeks and some of my nappies are dyin on me so fingers crossed they last till then or i'm on disposables :cry:
well off to see if i can get harley off my chest and in his cot wish me luck xx

Oh Donna, i hope Harleys okay please send him some :hugs: from us. Let us know if you manage to get him in the docs.

On a happier note, ooh holidays, you going somehwere nice? And...it's nearly your birthday :cake:

Morning ladies! Hope that everyone is well and leak free this morning. I'm intrigued to hear whether the various bubs are less grumpy without their amber necklaces on. Might hold off buying one for now (more to spend on fluff - Help, I can't stop)

I've been offered some Kushies to buy. Are they any good?

Pippa

Morning Duffers (pippa) Can't help on the Kushies i'm afarid i haven't tried them.

Morning girls!! :wave:

how are we all this morning??

well the FB held up really well - i used two inserts in it and it went on at 11 ish and came off just after 8 this morning with no leaks!! but i've just been let down by a blueberry :( daisy had it on for 2 ish hours and she had one hell of a leak - just as she got dressed :grr: ah well we cant have it al ways!!!

hope you are all ok

sara

xxxxx

Morning Sara. How are you and Daisy today? Glad to hear you've been giving cloth a try at night. Depending on my LO i think i'm going to do it this weekend. I ended up being glad i didn't do it last night as we had lots of tears, her teeth really are giving her some gip poor girl. I don't want to run the risk of leaking nappies and disturbing her more than she already is at the minute.

Isn't it funny how a nappy is fine for ages then you'll have one random leak and you can't figure out why!

So i got most of it out.. i think ive rinsed everything like 5 times wth vinegar, baking soda disinfectant and water :rofl:

Bed is still wet but at least i get to find out the stay dry effect of wool ;)
Put a towel on the bed with a wool blanket over it + sheets and it stayed dry on top for the night though the towel underneath absorbed most of the excess water..

Hopefully it will all be dry tomorrow once i air it again.. (ive got a huge kingsize bed with a attached layer of latex and stuff grrr it cost us a fortune and is so comfy too!)

Not much news on the nappy front, still waiting for the CT bumblebee nappy auction to end.. the ecobubs were from an older stock without the layer of PUL in there so i might just let them slip and get myself a new single one to try out :) seeing you girls think they make decent night naps..

Sara i read somewhere they could be a bit loose at the top for smaller baby's and the could start leaking when sleeping on their tummy.. have yuo ever had any issues.. then again your little girl wont wee that high ;)

why do you feel left out hun? :hugs:

sam - they are slightly baggy round the top but like you say daisy doesnt wee that high !! lol

donna (dee) hope mr h is feelin better - did you manage to get him to the docs ?? :higs:

other donna (lilbump) sorry dont know your lo's name , how is she feeling??? hope her teeth arent giving her too much trouble :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxx

why do you feel left out hun? :hugs:

sam - they are slightly baggy round the top but like you say daisy doesnt wee that high !! lol

:rofl: yeah probably just a little boys thing... maybe some of the other girls that have baby boy's can comment on that?! I just remembered Daisy's pic with her ecobubs!

Hope the little ones are feeling a bit better.. jeeze i think it is seasonal teething time , almost all the bubba's i know are going through that at the moment :nope:

cos i dont have a bum for my fluff :cry: would have been 12 weeks preg today, i want a bum not fair

Oww darling :( im so sorry to hear.. :hugs:
It doesnt hurt to investigate tough.. you can take the knowledge with you right ?!

I know that probably isnt a big comfort but i dont think anything can really do that for you atm..

She's ok at the moment thanks Sara, she's playing with her toys with me on the floor at the moment. She's not so bad during the day but when she starts getting tired we know about it!

:hugs: thatgirl

ThatGirl (I'm sorry I don't know your name)....I had a miscarriage at 3 months before Deri so I can totally relate to what you're feeling. I know it's not of much help atm but just wanted to say I'm here if you want to talk and there will be light at the end of the tunnel :hugs:

Hope everyone's LO's are feeling a bit better this afternoon! :D Deri's bum is gradually getting better so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend :winkwink:

I have a question for ALL cloth users.....IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER HAD A LEAK WITH CLOTH NAPPIES?

It's just I've noticed that pretty much everyone seems to be having problems with leaks......

x

Forgot to say, I got my 'Pop in' through the post today and managed to get another in Waitrose...just wanted to say to any of your girls who are going to get the trial one from Waitrose, you get a mini wet bag included BUT you don't get the night booster.

They're in the wash as I type! Lovely and soft...when I get Deri back in cloth I'll take some piccies...they're lovely soft baby colours.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"