~**The Natural Parenting Chat Thread**~

HI yeah Laura i think thats a good idea.. im so bad with names :blush:!
Whats the whole ASDA event thing?

:wohoo: i won the auction on the Cushie Tushie bumblebee (for whom cant remember me posting before)

https://www.cushietushies.com.au/images/Bumble%20Bee%20Couture.jpg

havnt told DH yet and i think it's wize for me to keep this one quite!

We also picked up our new car today :D, we sold our old 4wd as it was sucking the juice big time.. but i still needed a decent hatchback with 2 big dogs and a baby too come (not to mention the stroller etc )..

So we got a Nissan Wingroad.. (prob not familiar in EU though!)

I so love these! Has anyone tried them for absorbancy/leaks?

xxx

I dont think so Laurie, ill prob be the first one from the group to get it and unfortunately bubs is still 13 weeks away for me.. but if i end up being the only one by then ill make an extensive review.. it comes with a snap-in booster and a mini-booster so i am thinking it is somewhat similar to the Itti bitti's ..

Ill make some decent pics when i receive it, maybe that will help you guys a bit more :)

Actually this makes it a bit more clear

https://www.cushietushies.com.au/index.php?main_page=page_4

Lunaty - Asda is a supermarket (don't know if you know that or not...lol) and occasionally they have a baby event where they sell loads of baby things really cheap. Stuff like high chairs travel cots, tommee tippee stuff , car seats, the odd pram, nappies (not that that applies!) baby toiletries, baby food, stuff for feeding like spoons/sippy cups/bowls and my fave....clothes!! Asda is cheap anyway, but you walk out after a baby event thinking you have robbed them!! xx

Love Laura xxx

oww that sounds very fab ;) unfortunately they dont have the huge supermarket things here.. not with any baby stuff anyhow.. but it does sound like the huge supermarket mall things in the USA ive been too!

Yeah...they are similar to wallmarts(sp) i think.

Right, we are off to the park and mobile shopping. Don't spend too much today now will you girls! :happydance:

Hi girls well we are back from the doctors and mr h has measles he said that is probably why he was so poorly the other day:cry:
Well my post man still hasn't turned up and i am waiting on a few things so i am not a happy person:growlmad: but i have just been to b&q and got the waste pipes so dh can do it when he gets in:happydance: and my mom has just washed mr h's nappys as he has had the runs with been ill and i did not fancy doing them by hand. But it should all be up and running this evening :happydance:
Laurie i only have green nippas sorry, that star bunz is brill ha had it on from 8 until just and his bum was dry and no leaks so might have to get more:blush:
Laura i love the asda baby event when does it start?
Lunity i love that nappy hun xx

me thinks jacqie is in hidding as we all wanted her nappies lol
i hope leo is ok x

my wee notions wipes have arrived :dance: they are lush !!! a little smaller than i expected but i love em!!!

Hello all, Gosh I missed lots of chatter over the past few days. Think that I have caught up now. So sorry to hear that Mr H has measles - poor love.

I ordered a pop in on Saturday - very exciting!

Pippa x

Afternoon to all girlies :D

Hope you're well today!

Donna - I'm sorry to hear Mr H has measles....poor little man....make sure you look after both of you! :hugs:

Sam - I love that nappy but if it's similar to an Itti it just won't be worth my while with Deri....I have no idea where he gets all this wee from....he doesn't even drink that much :shock:

I'm thinking my Itti's are going to have to go, they only last an hour or so or they just leak (as one did today, however, I was out at the time so probably didn't put it on very well)....I will try another couple out this afternoon just to make sure I really don't need to part with them but I do think they'll have to go unfortunately :cry:

I've been stuffing my nappies as much as I can to avoid leaks so Deri has definately been and Deri-Lo today Sara!!!! :haha: (can't do that with Itti's though :-( )

My Everyday EcoBubs and Fuzzi Bunz turned up today so will be washing them tonight and giving them a try tomorrow....the EcoBubs looks lush and it's all white....looks SOOO white and pure and oh so soft :thumbup:

xxx

Laurie, have you tried bumgenius with Deri? I was thinking of getting one to try, thought I'd ask first as Freya wees a hell of a lot too!

Although I seem to remember ages ago aomeone saying they smelt a bit funny after a while? Or is that just in my head?!

:)

Laurie, have you tried bumgenius with Deri? I was thinking of getting one to try, thought I'd ask first as Freya wees a hell of a lot too!

Although I seem to remember ages ago aomeone saying they smelt a bit funny after a while? Or is that just in my head?!

Kirsten you're right...apparently they can smell bad before being washed I think (I haven't had that problem tbh)! I have 1 and it's ok but in all honesty, the cheapies from ebay are better (for absorbancy)...granted they look cheap but you get what you pay for!!!!

I'm about to try a FB and Ecobubs so will let you know how I get on with those for absorbancy. The Ecobubs is an everyday EB's so cheaper than the wool and apparently good for heavy wetters/night use...fingers crossed!

Have you tried a BG AIO Organic? I find them brill but take ages to dry :dohh: They're very slim fitting too :D They fit like a glove and very absorbant!

xxx

HELPPPPP SMELLY NAPPY ALERT!!!!!

Sorry to jump in girls... But I need advice quick!!! My nappies smell of wee even after being washed. The BG in particular!! I've been using it as Laylas night nappy and last night we were co sleeping as she really wont sleep in her cot atm and I could smell her so bad next to me!! I checked for poo but nothing... Just a smelly nappy!! Now Ive washed em all and dried them and they still pong!! I wash at 40, but do you think I need to go up to 60?? Also, I only use a small amount of persil non bio as I think you shouldnt use much detergent... What am I doing wrong?? I hope my nappies aren't wrecked!!! :(

Sorry Ive not been on and caught up with everyone... Still trying to sort the house etc after my mums visit last week! Its surprising how much of a state it gets into if you slip up for a few days and dont do the housework.

Donna Im so sorry Harley has measles!!Poor baba! Hope he makes a quick recovery!

Hello to everyone else who Ive not spoken to for a couple of days too... Hope alls good.

Laura- The nappy is all packed up ready to go back to its home.. will hopefully get to the post office tomorrow. xxxx

D'you know what, I was thinking that after washing some of mine last night....it was the first wash since all the issues I've had so decided to use less detergent and I think my nappies smell too :-(

I think it may be lack of detergent but you're not meant to use much :shrug:

What's a mummy to do?

x

id give them a wash at 60 and see if that works hun! you wont need to do it every time but if you give them the occasional wash at 60 it may help :D

Thanks Laurie,

Sorry about the stupid questions, I have spent too much on things that don't work!

Which is more absorbant in your opinion, the Pop In or the BG AIO Organic? I am going to sell off everything I have and get a mixture of these I think, I am impressed with the Pop In, but I like the idea of having an AIO for going out, my LL are so fussy with their bits and bobs!

To solve the detergent issue (well for me anyway) I wash at 40 usually (or 60 if pooey!)and use half a cap of the double strength detergent, with an extra rinse in the cycle, then once a week I wash the clean nappies with no detergent at all and tumble dry them (I usually air dry).

The tumble drying seems to keep them soft and make them smell nice (don't know how as I don't use anything except non-bio, nothing in dryer) even though I know you're not supposed to!

Stinky nappies sounds like they need stripping

1. Wash on 60C cottons wash with FULL dose of detergent (bio is best)
2. Wash on 60C cottons wash with no detergent
3. Rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse again until there are no suds at all when it's rinsing.

As modern machines are so water efficient I find doing a couple of 30C full wash cycles works better than just the rinse cycle for rinsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->