The "never had a second line" Group: 93 members, 18 BFP's, 2 Angel's

T

Tanzibar83

UPDATE: --> Need a new owner, click here

Right, I thought it's about time to rally up you girls who've never had a BFP, ever. Never seen a second line, never jumped up screaming in happiness after taking a pregnancy test, never been able to sit there in shock at the lovely results before your eyes and I've decided we should rally up and compile a list of words that describe how you feel about TTC.

If it's your first month or you're at your first decade milestone of TTC I think we should share exactly how it feels.

My main feeling is that me and hubby just aren't compatible and that I've let him and everyone down, it's soul crushing. I'm onto month 14 and although I have 3 days before AF is due I think it would be interesting to see how many girls are in the same boat.

UPDATE: I've compiled a list of everyone who's not had a bfp and how long they've been trying for. If I've mistyped something or got the wrong numbers let me know. Also for those who I don't have a length next to your name please let me know if you want it adding to the list (obviously with how long you've been trying for).

Tanzibar83 - 14 months :bfp: 05/11/2011
katherinegrey
TNK - on and off 30 months
aintlifegrand
SLH - 10 months
MrsAttard - 8 months
Antsynewlywed
InHisHands - 10 months :bfp:
mdsmorris - 10 months NTNP 2 months TTC
faith0612 - 48 months NTNP/3 months TTC
JuJuJules - 18 months
bluidgrl87
momwannabe81
flutterbabies - 9 months
babybeanz - 10 months :bfp:
ami1985 - 36 months :bfp: November 2011
Nightnurse
scromfy :bfp:
CassieC - 7 months
Naneth.Estel
Angel Thorne
Allyson11 - 4 months :bfp:
SockriTease
MackMomma8 - 1 month
Bunnikins :bfp:
Silly_SBC82 - 9 months
alliebabyfeve - 4 months :bfp:
Jen.Uh.Fur
NavyWife84
vickytoria88 - 5 months :bfp: 10/10/11
Jadeblue18 -
starlight11 - 12 months
glitter_xox - 7 months
Bug222 - 6 months :bfp: 31/10/2011
Armywife84 - 20 months
flangel813 - 14 months
Damita - 14 months
Stinas - 10 months
Yammas - 10 months
Rin731 - 11 months NTNP
Cordae - 3 months
Clucky as - 6 months
Jess137 - 8 months
want a baby - 35 months
TryinFor1 - 5 months
sarahj198 - 1 month
wanaBmummy - 4 months
Nikki_K - 25 months
littlesteph - 16 months
x Helen x - 6 months :bfp: 28/10/2011 but sadly m/c couple of days later :(
littlbabywish - 8 months
inertia63 - 12 months :bfp:
nramirez1709 - 3 months TTC, NTNP much longer!
sushipat - 3 months :bfp:
Crumbs - 11 months :bfp: 24/10/2011
ocean_pearl - 18 months
fisher640 - 12 months NTNP: TTC 19 months
Yogibear0 - 48 months
littlepeterso - 7 months
airotciv - 8 months
Cupcake11 - 6 months
Torsornin - 10 months
Luluss
babylove330
Janers - 19 months
haj624 - 2 months
milkdoctor - 10 months
Popcorn - 7 months
rectopathic - 14 months :bfp: but miscarried 4 days later :(
sarah10380 - 14 months
TTCfor2long - 62 months
confuzzled - 18 months
Agpttc - 8 months
nevernormal - 14 months
workin4alivin - 8 months
mrs.erickson - 13 months :bfp: 15/11/2011
gilly52 - 4 months
twickywabbit - 7 months :bfp:
can2012 - On\off since April
Lucie73821 - 26 months
littleprinces - 9 months
VMAG - 4 months
Cajuncoco - 13 months
Flutterly - 2 months
faiehdrah
Miss Vintage - 6 Months
jaymee - 3 months
rdleela - 4 months
Edinburgh :bfp: 10\11\2011
Binaface - 48 months NTNP 4 Months TTC
Courtmarie19 - 12 months NTNP 3 months TTC
Josephine3 - :bfp:
tnbaby - 11 months TTC

I've never seen a bfp, have a couple of very faint yet convincing evaps, but that's about it :( In a way it's worse to see a shadow of a line and re test and see absolutely not a thing :(

Good thread idea :flower: although I feel so sorry for women who're long term ttc their second babies and it isn't happening, at least they know they can get pregnant, that's my worry that I can't get pregnant naturally

Hi Katherine - I agree with you completely there, I was wondering whether to post this in the LTTC but I figure if you've never had a BFP then surely this section is more appropiate?

I like to share my tww with other girls but then the dreaded angst creeps in when nearer the time 1 goes "bfp" then a 2nd then a 3rd then next thing you know someone comments on how lucky the thread is...that also gets to me.

I've never had a BFP. Each time I take a test I feel like I let my husband down. I feel like its never going to happen. BUT when I start to feel hopeless I do everything I can to make myself smile because I refuse to be bitter and upset all the time. I've been TTC with doctors for 4 months now and I have to say most days I am really upbeat. I am going through the steps with the tests and now that I've found this site and connected with so many amazing women I will never be alone!

I'm there! It is crushing every month. Lately I have been giving myself one day a month to feel horrible and sorry for myself. The rest of the month is only positive thoughts. That has helped me get through.

I have never had a second line. I haven't even had as much as an evap, so I didn't get the chance to be happy :cry: I have been TTC for 10 months.

My goal is to get my :bfp: before Christmas, but hopefully it's by Halloween.

Good luck everyone! I hope we all get to jump up and down and scream our heads off soon. That's what I will be doing.

:dust:

Yay for not being alone!!! Though we're technically not trying this month, we are NTNP. It's been more than a year and sometimes I worry that DH and I are just 'not right' somehow and that's why we haven't had BFP yet. I can't imagine what it feels like, and it's hard not to get excited each month for no reason. I'm glad that I've never had a chemical or mc, (so sorry for those who have), or even an evap. Never getting a BFP makes me feel broken a little, even though we have no reason to believe there's anything wrong with me, just DH's swimmers. I just want to feel that joy (and fear!) for seeing two lines!

Same exact situation here! ive only ever seen a second line except on an opk and it was still never positive...I worry all the time that i cant

I too have only been greeted with stark white BFN and what makes matters worse is that i couldnt even get a positive OPK this month... the first time this has happened in the past 10 months.

We've started with infertility testing with me. But im afraid with me not ovulating this month, that the hormone test they did earlier this week will have to be redone next month. I have a pap scheduled in about two weeks.

I dont know what's wrong, but i do feel broken. I honestly don't think it will ever happen at this point and there are a lot of days that i just want to quit because my heart is so broken by the constant failed attempts.

Yay for not being alone!!! Though we're technically not trying this month, we are NTNP. It's been more than a year and sometimes I worry that DH and I are just 'not right' somehow and that's why we haven't had BFP yet. I can't imagine what it feels like, and it's hard not to get excited each month for no reason. I'm glad that I've never had a chemical or mc, (so sorry for those who have), or even an evap. Never getting a BFP makes me feel broken a little, even though we have no reason to believe there's anything wrong with me, just DH's swimmers. I just want to feel that joy (and fear!) for seeing two lines!

If you are NTNP, there's a good chance you are missing ovulation. I ovulate a lot later than I thought I did when I was NTNP. It wasn't until I started TTC, that I knew when I really ovulated.

If you are NTNP, there's a good chance you are missing ovulation. I ovulate a lot later than I thought I did when I was NTNP. It wasn't until I started TTC, that I knew when I really ovulated.

We've been ttc for more than a year. It's just that after another disappointing month and other extenuating circumstances we decided we needed to take a month or two off. But otherwise I'm pretty on top of my cycle and what and when things are going on.

Well this is my first month ttc, but I took one last month cuz I was having symptoms. Bfn.

I've seen BFP for other people, but never my own. We've had 4 years of NTNP and 3 months of TTC. I try not to take tests unless i am late, cause it hurts a lot to get that stupid negative test!! It sucks to get AF too, but not as much as a BFN!

We've been ttc for more than a year. It's just that after another disappointing month and other extenuating circumstances we decided we needed to take a month or two off. But otherwise I'm pretty on top of my cycle and what and when things are going on.

I'm sorry. I thought you weren't really trying. I totally understand how disappointing it is to keep getting bfp's. I hope that taking a break works for you. A lot of women have said that as soon as they stopped trying they got pregnant. :dust:

My husband and I have been TTC for 18 months now. My husband came into the bathroom once and caught me sitting on the bathroom floor desperately trying to see a line and said 'oh sweetheart you don't do this every month do you??'
Yep I do! Never seen a line, not even an evap. I don't think it will ever happen for me. I was so convinced this month was my month, but a BFN at 15dpo has let me completely shattered. :cry::cry::cry:

I also have never had a :bfp:! JUJU i too have taken apart the hpt and held it up to the light in the window, i have even knocked on my neighbors door and been like do you see a line? Im so glad my husband is never home when i test cause i would be really embarrassed!

I've also never had a BFP or anything close to it. When i do test all i can think "yeah right like it's going to happen" and it's always confirmed every 28 freakin days when af shows.
Get really frustrated and think of the worst like there is something wrong with me but yet i have been like clock work for as long i can remember and i started af when i was 10. Now 30 i feel like i waited to long and it will never happen.

This thread is so great, although it makes me sad that there are so many of us out there that have never seen those two wonderful lines.

I am the same, reaching the big 1 0 of months ttc.

I must have “felt” pregnant every month since we began trying, and every month the BFNs roll in. DH has to listen to me winge about ‘fake’ symptoms and the inevitable “How would we tell people if I were pregnant?” conversation.

Sometimes I feel like the most positive person alive and then other times I feel utterly hopeless. I never ever imagined it would be this hard.

From strange vitamins to carrying moonstones this journey has been a total wacky roller coaster, and still the last test I took was a BFN.

You lovely ladies are a godsend, your support, advice and friendships are so great. I only pray that one day I come on here and see that all of you have moved on to have healthy happy families.

What a lovely thread! This is our 10th month of TTC - no whiff of a second line :(

I too worry that there is something wrong with me. DH has had a SA and he is all good, so cant help but think I'm the one with the problems! I am 30, and so so wish that we had started a few years ago. As heartbreaking as it is to see BFN's I actually prefer to test early so that I dont get my hopes up, if that makes sense! Last month I was 4 days late, but I tested on 14dpo and it was BFN, so it sort of prepared me for AF arriving.

I am feeling postive this month, and the last few months I have stopped symptom spotting which has stopped me being such a freak! I do carry a moonstone though lol!

Goodluck to everyone. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->