The "never had a second line" Group: 93 members, 18 BFP's, 2 Angel's

I have never had a second line. I haven't even had as much as an evap, so I didn't get the chance to be happy :cry: I have been TTC for 10 months.

My goal is to get my :bfp: before Christmas, but hopefully it's by Halloween.

Good luck everyone! I hope we all get to jump up and down and scream our heads off soon. That's what I will be doing.

:dust:

Me too!!!! I REALLY want to be pregnant before the year ends! I am hoping and crossing my fingers my HSG results in a baby this month!
GOOD LUCK to you! I hope we get our :bfp: this month!!!!

Great thread although i've been doing this a long time,i've NEVER seen a BFP let alone an evap,hoping that you all never have to TTC too long and will get your BFP's soon

Hello ladies!

I can't really join this thread, as at the start of this month I actually got to see my very first :bfp: staring me back in the face. Sadly we lost our LO at 6 weeks, but I am desperate to see another :bfp: (I secretly keep looking at the picture I took and hoping that by some pure stroke of luck another will magically appear :cry:)

But I just wanted to say to those that feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, that I waited 17 long months before I got my BFP and I had never ever seen a real one before! I was so fed up and worried that it would never happen and we have just started our fertility investigation, and then up it popped! We're now onto month 18 and it sucks more than anything, but it will happen again for us, and having a :bfp: (even though it didn't stick) last month, kind of gave us a fresh burst of energy to carry on doing this, because I will admit I was close to giving up.

:flower:

I'm there! It is crushing every month. Lately I have been giving myself one day a month to feel horrible and sorry for myself. The rest of the month is only positive thoughts. That has helped me get through.

That sounds like me. I spent Saturday feeling completely horrible about the whole thing - like it will never happen, what I would do if we couldn't have kids, very depressing day! Feeling better now but hubby is gone all month so out for this cycle... I didn't expect this to be so emotional. I just hope this doesn't go on for a year, having that sort of day every month... Even if it's just one day it is still not a day I want to repeat over and over!

Sigh, the elusive second line.....

I always test when I am home alone so the hubs never even knows about the BFNs. He wants a baby so bad that I just can't stand disappointing him like that. I try to hold off on testing as long as possible since my cycles are irregular, so around CD 45 is when I really start hoping. Even though I sometimes go as long as 55 day cycles.

And I always symptom spot.... this cycle everything smells, lol. I can smell my deodorant all day, garlic makes me ill, no matter how many times I scrub the bathroom I smell urine? (even after i used every cleaner I own, blah), my dogs smell funny, the hubs smells funny, I could go on and on.

I never wanted to have a family before I met my hubs. He is just so wonderful and caring. He has a 10 y/o who lives 13 hours from us, so I know there is no problem on his end.
I am tired of feeling like a disappointment to him, even though he would never dare say anything like that. And he knows that we have agreed that we are ttc completely natural, so If it doesn't happen for us then that is just what God has intended.

Good luck and God bless!

Wow a lot more response since last night!

TNK - how long have you been TTC in total?

aintlifegrand - your method of allowing one day a month to me mopey sounds great, think I will give it a try!

mrsattard - feeling broken is probably the worst feeling, especially when you sit there and think you've done nothing wrong in your life yet there are drugged up women out there who can have kid after kid no problem. It's not fair.

InHisHands - what other testing have you had done, have you been told if you have any cysts or anything? I have a blood blister on the left ovary :(

faith0612 - ntnp for 4 years? wow that must be really hard to cope with and I thought I was bad!

JuJuJules - do you tell your hubby every single detail about the 2ww? I tell mine absolutely everything...he's pretty grossed out!

bluidgrl87 - knocking on your neighbours door sounds fantastic I bet they were shocked to see you with a stick of pee in their face.

momwannbe81 - I think i'd be a millions times more frustrated and annoyed if I had clockwork 28 day cycles like yours...it's as if your body is saying "there's nothing wrong with you but instead of thinking you will get a bfp any day soon I'm going to make it hell"

Hey flutterbabies - it's a shame that there are women out there who've never had a bfp but I'm so glad I created this thread so I get to know the girls who're in the same position as myself - I used to create threads in the 2ww but it was so hard to see bfp's spring up for the women who are onto kid number 2 or 3 :(

I wish someone had told me when about TTC when I was younger, even it was 5 years ago I would have loved to have been told that it's not as easy as just having sex - I blame hollywood for that.

babybeanz - Have you had any fertility testing done? I think the longer you TTC the more you want to be proactive and I think your method of testing early is probably a really good one thinking about it. I vowed to test at 15dpo this cycle but then at my MIL we were both feeling really happy and then we decided to test knowing that it would be too early (12dpo) and we felt really deflated to see the crummy white stick :( I didnt symptom spot this month (well not as bad) I sat there and wondered if maybe I'm one of those women who don't get any symptoms...it really helped.

Ami1985 - when were you diagnosed with pcos - what triggered you going to get fertility testing?

Nightnurse - how long have you been TTC? I daren't ask the admins to move my journal to the LTTC section, I'm still in denial

Thanks for the advice StephieB :)

Scromfy - yay you think the same thing about having a well deserved mopey day monthly!

Hey CassieC - nice to see you on here as well as the usual thread - hope you're doing well

Hey CassieC - nice to see you on here as well as the usual thread - hope you're doing well

So far so good! The hubs just left for a trip to.... the soutwest some where. Omah? He told me this morning but I was half asleep! That is funny, its a good thing he is a truck driver or it would just be pitiful.:blush:

How are things going with you?

How long will he be in Omah?

I'm feeling meh, the trouble with temping is that in the 2ww the second you see your temps dip you lose all hope that maybe it'll still happen.

I can't win, some cycles the temps will drop the day of AF so there's me thinking it looks good but then disappointment happens!

pfft - some of the men at work are dads and they were going on about their kids today and I wondered that if I'll ever be in that position one day. the longer it takes to see that 2nd line the harder it is to believe that one day I'll be walking through the house and I hear "mummy" knowing my kid is calling me :(

Have to say my secret game might be up, I stayed at MIL at the weekend and came back and can't find my BBT - I'm confident it's here but I can't find it anywhere whatsoever (thank god for the backup one) - but now I'm just waiting for the phone call... :S

Hey I know exactly what you mean about the TWW thread. It's frustrating to see ppl with 2-3 kids getting upset... I mean I sort of understand but I think I would be happy with one baby... Just one little baby, that's not too much to ask for! I love your photo tanzibar! Is that your cat?

I think in the next 2ww I will come to you girls to see if you're at the same dpo (it's easier to relate).

Isn't the cat cute? I found a piccy on google, but I so wish it was mine.

Update for those who have read an earlier post - I found my BBT it was hidden in a secret compartment in my bag after all :D

How long will he be in Omah?

I'm feeling meh, the trouble with temping is that in the 2ww the second you see your temps dip you lose all hope that maybe it'll still happen.

I can't win, some cycles the temps will drop the day of AF so there's me thinking it looks good but then disappointment happens!

pfft - some of the men at work are dads and they were going on about their kids today and I wondered that if I'll ever be in that position one day. the longer it takes to see that 2nd line the harder it is to believe that one day I'll be walking through the house and I hear "mummy" knowing my kid is calling me :(

Oh he just makes a trip to take a load somewhere and then comes home. Usually doesn't take any longer than 2 1/2 to 3 days. Then he is home, leaves again and home for the weekend. I am really pretty lucky, to have an over the road trucker who is home during the week and every weekend! They get paid so much more when they are over the road! So we get the good paydays, together time, and time for just me.

I get the best all the way around! (except if I O while he is gone.)

Good thing you found you BBT! I think it's worse when people know you are TTC. We hasn't really told anyone but our parents suspect. They keep asking if I am preg and every time they do I want to cry! It is hard not having anyone to talk to. My BF knows but she is 21 weeks along with her first and I don't want to go crying to her when she's so happy with her own news. Thats why I signed up for BnB though, so many people going through similar things...

I think there have been a couple of times when I've thought there's been a second line - once I think it was an evap and once I think I just imagined it.

Does anyone else sometimes take an OPK and just imagines that it's a HPT and that the second line is really the line?

Yes, like I have said in other threads, it's just too difficult to make other people understand. Even though my mom and i are very close I just dont want to talk about it.

She got preg with me on her honeymoon and considered it a second time when she conceived my brother and thats all it took. She had 45 of labor with me and an hour and a half with my brother! Everyone said "oh I bet you will be just like your mom!" bla

I am becoming more proactive now, so hopefully that works!

Tanzibar83

I have been trying technically 2 and half years...I didn't do anything in 2010 in fact I got so upset and mad I asked for birth control and I took them for like 10 months and then after 4 friends got pregnant something inside me died a little...I knew right then and there I would never be truly happy until I had a baby of my own..
So I went to my Gyno and said "I want to have baby" and starting in June she took me through the round of test!

I am hoping this is my month!
Good luck to you~

I've dreamed of seeing that second line .. i was begining to think i didn't exist .. i'm sure it hides from me :)

good luck to all you lovley ladies ..

:) keep your hopes up, there's nothing worse that letting them go .. :)

Angel xx

I've never seen a second line on a hpt or an opk. So frustrating that we've been trying since June but I'm only on my third cycle and I get thrush after a 9 day AF! I hate my body sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->